Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Send Topic Print
How to keep muslim terrorists from Aussie ?? (Read 38068 times)
mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Re: How to keep muslim terrorists from Aussie ??
Reply #90 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 8:16pm

Yes, easy mistake to make, we have been going around in circles for a couple of weeks on this subject, and believe it or not, we have reached a concensus, Islam is, as it always has been, and always will be, perfect in every way.
I tried to resist, but the weight of evidence from Islam was too great to withstand. Shocked

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #91 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 8:36pm

mozzaok wrote on Jul 28th, 2008 at 8:16pm:
Yes, easy mistake to make, we have been going around in circles for a couple of weeks on this subject, and believe it or not, we have reached a concensus, Islam is, as it always has been, and always will be, perfect in every way.
I tried to resist, but the weight of evidence from Islam was too great to withstand. Shocked

Yep, round and round in circles, across multiple threads and subjects but somehow all related. I've even forgotten which thread I posted what information.

My head is spinning. LOL.

Shocked Cheesy

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #92 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 8:40pm

Acid Monkey wrote on Jul 28th, 2008 at 8:11pm:
Grin Grin Grin Grin

Yes, you could have easily have been mistaken.
Welcome, anyway.
Stick around and argue your points on politics, Islam or otherwsie.

Smiley

Thanks, I'll be sticking around, I doubt my opinions on Islam will be of any benefit, I'm one of those dreaded infidels who enjoys equality of the sexes, freedom of choice, independent thought, monogamy, gay rights...etc. I also enjoy a drop of wine from time to time and a beer on a hot summers afternoon. Pork is also a favourite of mine.

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #93 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 8:59pm

jordan484 wrote on Jul 28th, 2008 at 8:40pm:
Thanks, I'll be sticking around, I doubt my opinions on Islam will be of any benefit, I'm one of those dreaded infidels who enjoys equality of the sexes, freedom of choice, independent thought, monogamy, gay rights...etc. I also enjoy a drop of wine from time to time and a beer on a hot summers afternoon. Pork is also a favourite of mine.

As for me, I think I drink too much beer. I enjoy good German or Swiss beer when in Europe or a nice Italian one when in Oz.

Everyones opinion is beneficial to at least someone. You'll notice that there are three opinions to every argument - for, against and neutral.

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #94 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 9:11pm

I'm just feeling my way around at the moment, it seems to be a little heavy on the islam topics......everything in moderation is fine....but I accidentally found myself at muslimvillage once.....I had to get the hell out of there, scary stuff. I hope this place is a little, should I say, different.

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #95 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 9:33pm

Well, if it makes you feel a little better there are only 2 muslims (maybe 3, but the third one has since disappeared) in here. They're easy to spot - one has a great green Islamic emblem for an avatar and they both have, well - Muslim names.

The topic shifted a few weeks ago to Islam when a poster (who has since left on a self-enforced holiday) incited some religious vitriol which enraged the Muslims. We've all been discussing it since.

It's actually very interesting.

Wink

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #96 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 9:36pm

Something enraged the muslims?

Now that's unusual!  Tongue

IP Logged

Exotic Cheese

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 10:22pm

jordan484 wrote on Jul 28th, 2008 at 9:36pm:
Something enraged the muslims?

Now that's unusual!  Tongue

I know!

Over throwing democratic governments! Supporting dictatorships! Killing their children in the millions! Lighten up you crazy Muslims!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #98 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 3:09pm

Quote:
A massive problem with Islam is it's confusing appearance to outsiders, who see muslims coming to non-muslim countries, and demanding we change our ways to suit them, and then start crying foul when people resent that presumptuous and rude behaviour

This statement does nothing but show how much of a racist you are

But Abu, there is nothing at all racist in the statement.

and that you in fact don't consider Muslims to even be Australians

Isn't it true that genuine Muslims want to leave Australia as soon as the appropriate opportunity arises? How can you expect others to see you as genuine aussies when you see yourself as a temporary visitor in a nation whose values you reject?

I don't see mozza and co. jumping up and down and ranting and raving about their divided loyalties.

Jews don't believe that they have to leave Australia as soon as Israel is re-established. Plenty of Australian Jews speak out against Israel. If a new caliphate were to come and take back Israel by force, would Australian Muslims speak out against the caliphate, or would they sign up to fight for it?

Quote:
It's true that Islam came to Indonesia via trade but also with a little bit of the sword. The ruling empire in Java and Sumatra at the time was the Hindu Majapahit Empire

Completely irrelevant what happened in the internal situation of the country after Islam arrived.

No it isn't Abu. Read it again. It's about how Islam 'arrived'. Or are you saying that Muslims can take Australia by force once Islam has 'arrived' in a few small pockets here? You seem to be implying that Islam must merely establish itself peacefully in one area of a nation, then this counts as peaceful spread of Islam, then the Caliphate can attack the government and set up the entire nation as a religious state and tax infidels. Is this supposed to make people feel more accomodating toward Islam?

Any examples of pre-Christian religions still extant in Europe? None that I can think of.

Grin that isn't exactly a solid argument Abu.

The key word here being "reached". Islam did arrive in indonesia through Muslim traders, and established a state there without the use of the sword. Yes at some point they had to use their military to maintain and perhaps expand, but that doesn't detract from the original arrival one iota.

What exactly is your point?

Islam did not arrive in Indonesia by the sword, it arrived through trade.

Didn't you just point out the meaninglessness of referring to Indonesia as a single entity at that time?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #99 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 8:44pm

jordan,

Quote:
I'm one of those dreaded infidels who enjoys equality of the sexes, freedom of choice, independent thought, monogamy, gay rights...etc

Monogamy as opposed to polygamy? And you mention "freedom of choice" in the same sentence. Little ironic isn't it?

Quote:
I also enjoy a drop of wine from time to time and a beer on a hot summers afternoon.

Since I have been a non-Muslim before, I'm well aware of the taste of such beverages, and I don't know who you're trying to kid, but they are certainly not enjoyable. Most Aussies drink for intoxication, pure and simple.

Quote:
Pork is also a favourite of mine.

I doubt pork is any Aussie's favourite food, that's why we always see campaigns on TV trying to encourage people to eat it, cos it's really not all that popular. Although I suspect your intention was more to horrify the poor Muslims here at how much of a dedicated infidel you are that you actually love the taste of filthy swine. It really worked with me *horrified*  Embarrassed

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #100 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 8:47pm

abu,

don't tell me what I do or don't like, what I should or shouldn't like and don't bother wasting your time preaching your vile religion to me. You and malik are bigots of the highest order. Now crawl back to muslimvillage where you belong.

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #101 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 9:10pm

For abu-

yummy

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #102 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 9:25pm

Hmmm. Actually Jordan that DOES look good! And the spuds are huge!

Smiley

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #103 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 9:27pm

I know! Roast pork is my favourite (despite what abu claims), it's the sweetest meat and I do a ripper of a crackle! With a nice light white wine....perfect Sunday lunch.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #104 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 9:32pm

freediver,

You're a little late into this discussion, and in fact I think a lot of the points you mentioned have already been addressed, so anything I skip, is probably already answered a page or so back.

Quote:
But Abu, there is nothing at all racist in the statement.

Well there is actually. Because mozza has insinuated that non-Muslims are welcome to campaign for changes to Australian society, yet Muslims for some reason don't deserve the same right. Since we're always outsiders and aliens, we'd just be considered bad guests who wanted everyone to accomodate us.

Quote:
Isn't it true that genuine Muslims want to leave Australia as soon as the appropriate opportunity arises?

We're here, and a large % of us are born here. What may or may not happen in the future is irrelevant. A lot of Aussies leave Australia to go and live in England, USA, Canada etc. because they prefer the lifestyle there, are they unAustralian? Were they just visitors the whole time they were here? many of them probably dreamed their whole life of living in the great US of A instead of the backwards Australia they were unlucky enough to be born in. In fact the epitome of Australian-ness Paul Hogan himself is now a resident of the USA, would you consider him unAustralian? Was he just a visitor here for the time he lived here?

Also when some Australians give a much less than welcoming attitude to Muslims, do you expect them to want to stay and consider this their home? That's probably the intention though I guess, make them feel unwelcome so they wanna leave.

Quote:
in a nation whose values you reject?

This whole thing about Aussie values is just nonsensical. Mateship is an Aussie value right? Like all the other people in the world just give eachother the cold shoulder, cos they're not Aussies who value mateship like us right?

Quote:
Jews don't believe that they have to leave Australia as soon as Israel is re-established.

Are you sure about that? Perhaps you should go read up on the concept of Aliyah. What you mean to say is not all Jews, likewise not all Muslims intend to leave Australia if a Caliphate is established, so this only negates your own argument.

Quote:
Plenty of Australian Jews speak out against Israel. If a new caliphate were to come and take back Israel by force, would Australian Muslims speak out against the caliphate, or would they sign up to fight for it?

Why would we speak against our fellow Muslims being freed from the 60 year long siege they've suffered? Would you speak out against it?

Quote:
You seem to be implying that Islam must merely establish itself peacefully in one area of a nation, then this counts as peaceful spread of Islam, then the Caliphate can attack the government and set up the entire nation as a religious state and tax infidels. Is this supposed to make people feel more accomodating toward Islam?

A few points, that you would've understood if you read the full text of our discussion:

1) Islam was in Indonesia for 200 years before the Majaphit wars.

2) Islam didn't 'take over', existing princes of city-states embraced Islam, and their city-states therefore became Muslim along with them.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Send Topic Print