Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Howard : Should we hand him over? (Read 3959 times)
mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Re: Howard : Should we hand him over?
Reply #15 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 11:06am

Gee, and to think I doubted religious people's grasp of reality.

You are a mighty hypocrite Abu, just like the majority of people who profess that their faith is the most important thing in their life.

Their criteria of who is good or bad, is based pretty squarely along the lines of what belief system they adhere to.

Fellow travellers are freedom fighters, opponent ideologues are war criminals.
I suppose for you, that seems very even handed.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #16 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 11:14am

mozza, it's got more to do with judging a man by his own yardstick.

I don't believe in the UN and I don't accept their laws or regulations true, but John Howard was leading a government that does, and therefore he should be held accountable according to their stipulations.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #17 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 11:48am

Exactly my point Abu, and it is a very muslim trait, use what suits you when it suits you.

A man is judged not by choosing what is easy, but what is right.

We see muslims seeking to prosecute hate speech against them, whilst still wanting the right to use hate speech against any who oppose Islam.

When I see a muslim court, prosecuting a mad mullah who is preaching that kids blow themselves, and innocent people up for the Islamic Jihad, then I may reappraise if your serious about equal rights or not.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #18 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 1:45pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jul 10th, 2008 at 10:08am:
Quote:
If the Brief was on (say) Bush or Blair then it would be a different (but still unlikely) scenario

According to the ABC article in the original post:

Quote:
A similar brief has been sent by a group from the United Kingdom regarding former prime minister Tony Blair. The United States is not a signatory to the court.

Yeah, I got that.

It'll still be highly unlikely that anything will come from it. The ICC would say "we've assess it and have found that there is insufficient evidence to proceed" while laughing among themselves.

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #19 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 1:49pm

muso wrote on Jul 10th, 2008 at 11:04am:
I was one of the people who protested against the invasion of Iraq. I felt betrayed when the Liberal government decided to go ahead with it.

I was part of that "rabble" too.

I think that many people in the US, included a large section of the US media seem to regard Iraqi lives as somehow cheaper than those of US soldiers. To me, that's obscene.

I sure that is true to a many here in Aust as well.

IP Logged

strange allegiance

Australian Politics

Adelaide
Reply #20 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 6:35pm

I was one of the people who protested against the invasion of Iraq. I felt betrayed when the Liberal government decided to go ahead with it.

Me too

Just goes to show that even when 80% of the population (ref. Polls taken a time) clearly demonstrated their disapproval,  These bozos still went ahead with the illegal invasion.

Clearly to our politicians, we the people are a joke, just cannon fodder for Slavery Incorporated. I can only think of a few that spoke out strongly against the attack on iraq

As far as I am concerned, in good conscience and as a reasonable man, and in the spirit of the law and pursuant to The Constitution Of The Commonwealth Of Australia, these bozos are not qualified to sit as members in the parliament, until they satisfy me otherwise.
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2008 at 6:42pm by strange allegiance »  

IP Logged

djrbfm

OzPolitic

Reply #21 - Jul 12th, 2008 at 6:42pm

EVERY person, in Howard's Gov't should be put in jail, just for being who they are.
DR9.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print