Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Collective intelligence wanted... (Read 5497 times)
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Re: Collective intelligence wanted...
Reply #30 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 2:16pm

freediver wrote on Jul 24th, 2008 at 10:18am:
I think it is usually better to let market forces choose the best technology than a bunch of bureaucrats. Nuclear would be the main exception.

Well, market forces chose coal and other fossil fuels: how smart is it to be (b)led by the blind, sorry, invisible hand of market forces?!?

(We are talking about humanities greatest concern!)

Cheesy Huh Roll Eyes

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #31 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 2:28pm

Those market failures are easily correctable, which is what we are in the process of doing. It makes more sense to correct those market failures than adopt a communist style approach to energy technology. The failure was one of knowledge or science, not economics. Now that we recognise the externality, we can internalise it. You can't expect market forces to fix a problem before we know it exists.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #32 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 5:08pm

freediver wrote on Jul 24th, 2008 at 2:28pm:
Those market failures are easily correctable, which is what we are in the process of doing. It makes more sense to correct those market failures than adopt a communist style approach to energy technology. The failure was one of knowledge or science, not economics. Now that we recognise the externality, we can internalise it. You can't expect market forces to fix a problem before we know it exists.

Well, maybe I should go back and read the link a bit more and find out what the idea of this "Office of Technology Assesment" was all in aid of...I must admit I don't remember it when I read it the first time I just happened to see it when I got the link for some dude interested in Jim Riccio: some Greenpeace Nuclear Policy analyst.

Yes, it was serendipity (that's the word!)!

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #33 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 5:13pm

freediver wrote on Jul 24th, 2008 at 2:28pm:

as for peak oil: we knew it was going to happen...plus

I heard on the radio the other day something about Germany; Italy; Autobahns; Freeways; the "f" word and signs/protests about white people not being allowed to have roads carrying massive amounts of cars through a blackmans backyard(i.e. poor/cheap neighbourhoods) leading to and fro from major(read all) cities...

Those market forces shouldn't be to blame for anything?!?

Wink Cheesy Cheesy Huh

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #34 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 5:34pm

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Jul 24th, 2008 at 5:13pm:

as for peak oil: we knew it was going to happen...plus

The enlightened mind knew that it was going to happen. Then there are those who chose to remain blind; and then there were the lazy and the lemmings who believed and were led away by the blind.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print