Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Majority Of Australians Spit On Them?! (Read 6712 times)
Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Majority Of Australians Spit On Them?!
Reply #30 - Jul 3rd, 2008 at 6:43pm

malm wrote on Jul 3rd, 2008 at 12:59pm:
malik it's rude to interupt a thread and change the topic. Topic of my thread is a question that majority of aussies spit on troops or not? Topic is not about Sheikh Haron and whether he is good man or bad man. Next time when you post in my thread please behave and don't change the topic.

Malm, I apologise if you are offended. But the fact remains that people on this forum tend to shoot first and ask questions later regarding Islam so I clarified that the behaviour was unislamic as is my duty in Islam.

The connotations in the fatwa made it seem as if the fatwa was handed down by a religious authority representing Islam. I had to clarify that it simply isn't the case.

It's not about me trying to change the subject. If anything it'll stop excess topic changing by others who want to blame Islam for this in the future.

Regards,

Adz

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #31 - Jul 3rd, 2008 at 6:43pm

Actually, being ordered to do something is not a legitimate defence I'm afraid, the nuremburg trials after WW2 saw to that.

That is only in reference to crimes against humanity. It has nothing to do with the legality or morality of the war itself.

Some Muslims think it's compulsory but they take a hadith out of context and ignore others.

So there is ambiguity on the matter among Muslims? What percentage of muslims would you estimate think a burqua is compulsory?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #32 - Jul 3rd, 2008 at 6:49pm

freediver wrote on Jul 3rd, 2008 at 6:43pm:
Actually, being ordered to do something is not a legitimate defence I'm afraid, the nuremburg trials after WW2 saw to that.

That is only in reference to crimes against humanity. It has nothing to do with the legality or morality of the war itself.

Some Muslims think it's compulsory but they take a hadith out of context and ignore others.

So there is ambiguity on the matter among Muslims? What percentage of muslims would you estimate think a burqua is compulsory?

Well it happens alot out of ignorance really. Like other religions culture gets mixed up in it and it shows up in dribs and drabs, I'd say its probably prelevant in places like tribal pakistan, afghanistan, saudi arabia and other gulf states.

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #33 - Jul 3rd, 2008 at 8:53pm

Malik Shakur wrote on Jul 3rd, 2008 at 6:40pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 3rd, 2008 at 6:35pm:
Apparently the burqua is not required in Islam. They should be able to show their face and hands.

Correct my friend.. Burkha and Niqaab are more cultural and tribal traditions..

I understand that. However, those who chose or are compelled to wear the burkha do so in the attempt to cover their face. Isn't there strict guidelines for those who wear them? If so, is she breaking those guidelines by revealing her face (albeit briefly)?

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #34 - Jul 3rd, 2008 at 9:43pm

There's been some doubt expressed about whether this "Sheikh Haroon" is even a bona fide person. Nobody in the Muslim community seems to have any knowledge of him whatsoever. Perhaps he's a member of the Islamic Australia Federation??

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #35 - Jul 3rd, 2008 at 11:11pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jul 3rd, 2008 at 9:43pm:
Perhaps he's a member of the Islamic Australia Federation??

Grin Grin Grin

Perhaps that's why she revealed her face without shame.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #36 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 1:33am

Quote:
What percentage of muslims would you estimate think a burqua is compulsory?

Are there Muslims who think niqaab is compulsory? Perhaps there's a tiny little minority somewhere. When they go for Hajj and their women MUST uncover their faces, they soon realise it definitely can't be compulsory.

There's very little ambiguity about it. This really just highlights the fact that your understanding of Islam is taken purely from media outlets of ill repute. Probably about 95% of Muslims, or more do not hold it to be compulsory. If you actually read up about Muslims, met Muslims, had any kind of first hand experience with Muslims, you'd find the vast majority do not wear niqaab. However in the Western media, it seems about 95% DO wear niqaab, this says something about what kind of images make good headlines, than it does about the beliefs of Muslims.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print