Pages: 1 2 3 ... 17
Send Topic Print
Polygamy (Read 52686 times)
pope urban 2

Australian Politics

melbourne
Polygamy
Jun 25th, 2008 at 8:41pm

Sheikh Khalil Chami of the Islamic Welfare Centre in Lakemba said polygamous marriages, although illegal, existed in Australia and should be recognised.

Islamic leader Keysar Trad was born into a polygamous relationship and he says his wife isn't against him taking another partner. 

The wife of the Islamic Friendship president conceded that a choice of polygamy could be due to a husnand wanting sex with more women.

"Yeah it can be," she said, "but having it in the right way instead of having it in like go to prostitute or just date".

What goes on their heads, do they have to do everthing they can to make us dislike them, does it ever end.

God takes care of old folks and fools, while the Devil makes up all the rules.

IP Logged

pope urban 2

Australian Politics

melbourne
Re: Polygamy
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 8:46pm

13. asifakkas50 - Jun 25 10:35am
we're a very modern muslim family.we live as all australian are living here.but with regards i would say most comments aren't racist, they're extremist rather.this country belongs to every one who lives here not only to white majority,so any rule can be changed to suite other religions.

Here is a comment from another web site, now we are not only racist, now we are extremists for believing polygamy is wrong. I saw that Muslim mouthpeice, the one who always sticks up for the Sheik, he reckons marriage to minors is ok as well, whats up with these people, do they understand that the law is above any religion. In this country anyway.

God takes care of old folks and fools, while the Devil makes up all the rules.

IP Logged

RecFisher

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 9:35pm

Just another example of the imports not willing to play by the local rules.  Piss off if you don't like our laws.

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #3 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 9:11am

well.. i dunno.. i think its kind of hypocritical..

it's completely legal to cheat on your wife behind her back in this country, if she finds out you're probably going to get divorced, causing heaps of trouble for you, lawyers expenses, broken home etc.. but if she lets you take another woman as a wife to make it a legitimate relationship you can't and it's against the law..

i don't see the logic there..

if polygeny has to be illegal, so should cheating on your wife

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #4 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 9:17am

Malik Shakur wrote on Jun 26th, 2008 at 9:11am:

it's completely legal to cheat on your wife behind her back in this country, if she finds out you're probably going to get divorced, causing heaps of trouble for you, lawyers expenses, broken home etc.. but if she lets you take another woman as a wife to make it a legitimate relationship you can't and it's against the law..

also, u can marry as early as 16 in australia if u have your parents permission..

IP Logged

athiest
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 9:24am

Other than the sex, why would you want more than one?
I'm assuming you would have to feed , clothe, and  accomadate them as well as put up with the whinging of two women living under one roof both vying for the afections of the same man, sounds like hell to me.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #6 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:11am

And what if we run out of women?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #7 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:15am

Quote:
I'm assuming you would have to feed , clothe, and  accomadate them as well as put up with the whinging of two women living under one roof both vying for the afections of the same man, sounds like hell to me.

maybe you want more kids? maybe you have more love in ur heart than one woman can take? maybe your first wife cant have kids at all? and yes your right.. maybe they want more sex..

theres lots of reasons why people want more than one wife, just like many reasons why husbands cheat on their wives in the first place..

but you are right, he has to provide for each of his wives equally, he has to clothe, feed and accommodate them, and if the wives don't want to live under the same roof as each other, then he has to pay for other houses for them.. not only will he have to deal with each womans own  whinging, but then you have to deal with their jealousy of each other too..

Sometimes it works however, some wives enjoy the company of another woman in the house, especially when they all help each other out and look after each others kids and support each other etc.. I knew a friend in that position.. But the trick was, whenever his wives got angry at him.. they ganged up on him and kicked him out of the house and he lived in his van lol..

So I'm not sure, is it better to keep them jealous of each other so they drive you insane with it, or best friends so they gang up on you?

I think I'll just get married to one woman and leave it at that lol.

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #8 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:16am

freediver wrote on Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:11am:
And what if we run out of women?

women already outnumber men in this country, and especially within the Muslim community..

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #9 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:18am

By how much Malik, and why? Is there enough for two women each?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #10 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:25am

Quote:

Well if one is out shopping, you need a spare one to tell you to put the toilet seat down and mow the grass.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #11 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:30am

Malik Shakur wrote on Jun 26th, 2008 at 9:11am:

I have to agree with you partly, Malik. There is a lot of unofficial polygamy going on in this world, especially in the US Suth'n Batist states. You just don't get VD from monogamous relationships, and they have a lot of VD. 

On the other hand, I don't think it's the role of any government to be bedroom watch dogs. What people do in private is up to them (- or should be between them and God if you prefer.)

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #12 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:35am

muso wrote on Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:25am:
Quote:

Well if one is out shopping, you need a spare one to tell you to put the toilet seat down and mow the grass.

Grin Grin Grin

Amen to that, I personally don't see why you'd bother..

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #13 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:38am

Freedom of religion, gotta love it.
They want the best of both world's these muslims, they want all the freedom offered by a democratic, free and open society, which they cannot even dream of receiving from Islamic regimes, but also want us to change our laws and social norms to accommodate their unacceptable behaviours, in the name of 'Freedom of Religion.

Bull! poo!

The religious lobby has to be made to respect the laws of society, before and above their irrational religious customs.

They want to disrespect our women, because we allow them sexual freedom.
They want to curtail our rights to criticise their beliefs which we find ridiculous and, or offensive, by demanding we respect their religious beliefs.
Sorry boys, if it is repugnant and stupid, calling it religious is not going to make me respect it.

We in the west are being more and more imposed upon by these 'Islamic Spokesmen', usually funded by Saudi money, where they are trying to use our system of freedom and tolerance to demand we accommodate their peculiar and hypocritical Islamic beliefs and customs, whilst at every opportunity,denying and violently opposing our rights to not accept their beliefs.

Religions demand too many freedoms.
They are not content to have the freedom to adopt a personal spiritual faith, and practice that faith within the bounds of the greater context of social responsibility.
No, they demand extra rights.
Like the right for Religious institutions to be exempt from Taxation.
Why should religious groups not pay Tax?
There is NO valid reason, it is a deal they have had forever, but that does not make it right.
They want the right to isolate their children from society, and imprint their innocent little minds with religious dogma, EXCLUSIVELY!!
That is not freedom of religion, that is denying kids the right to a balanced and open education.

So while I fully agree that people have the right to freedom of religion, I do not believe it should be allowed to be used as a catch all type of phrase to give religious followers Any EXTRA Rights, which are not freely available to all society.

While we are on it, what about my right of Freedom FROM Religion?

I am continually assaulted with religious beliefs which I find preposterous, but I put up with it, I think it is time for Religious people to do a bit of the same, and stop trying to have society change to allow all their silly quirks.

Bullshit, automatically changed to poo?
Are we being censored FD?

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

King Billy

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:39am

I can shack up with two women.  If they both get pregnant I can have myself named as the father (in fact I am legally responsible for the children.) 

I can claim de-facto status with both of them.  They can claim family support listng me as the partner.

We can have our wages go into a joint bank account, I can get a medicare card for both families, and so on and so on.

(Why anyone would want to do so is beyond me.)

The only reason this story got any play was becuase it featured muslims.

There have been plenty of examples of fundamental christian groups supporting polygamy.

Bill

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 17
Send Topic Print