Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 42
Send Topic Print
Bible verses you like (Read 196325 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: Bible verses you like
Reply #75 - Jan 11th, 2009 at 3:21pm

Ezekiel 35:1
Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
2  Son of man, set thy face against mount Seir, and prophesy against it,
3  And say unto it, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O mount Seir, I am against thee, and I will stretch out mine hand against thee, and I will make thee most desolate.
4  I will lay thy cities waste, and thou shalt be desolate, and thou shalt know that I am the LORD.
Because thou hast had a perpetual hatred, and hast shed the blood of the children of Israel by the force of the sword in the time of their calamity, in the time that their iniquity had an end:
6  Therefore, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, I will prepare thee unto blood, and blood shall pursue thee: sith thou hast not hated blood, even blood shall pursue thee.
7  Thus will I make mount Seir most desolate, and cut off from it him that passeth out and him that returneth.
8  And I will fill his mountains with his slain men: in thy hills, and in thy valleys, and in all thy rivers, shall they fall that are slain with the sword.
9  I will make thee perpetual desolations, and thy cities shall not return: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
10  Because thou hast said, These two nations and these two countries shall be mine, and we will possess it; whereas the LORD was there:
11  Therefore, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, I will even do according to thine anger, and according to thine envy which thou hast used out of thy hatred against them; and I will make myself known among them, when I have judged thee.
12  And thou shalt know that I am the LORD, and that I have heard all thy blasphemies which thou hast spoken against the mountains of Israel, saying, They are laid desolate, they are given us to consume.
13  Thus with your mouth ye have boasted against me, and have multiplied your words against me: I have heard them.
14  Thus saith the Lord GOD; When the whole earth rejoiceth, I will make thee desolate.
15  As thou didst rejoice at the inheritance of the house of Israel, because it was desolate, so will I do unto thee: thou shalt be desolate, O mount Seir, and all Idumea, even all of it: and they shall know that I am the LORD.

Idumea = = Edom = = Jordan = = 'Palestinians'

".....When the whole earth rejoiceth, I will make thee desolate."

When the whole earth rejoices, because some calamity, some evil, befalls Israel ???

Is that the meaning?

++++++

Psalms 9:16
The LORD is known by the judgment which he executeth: the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Higgaion. Selah.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #76 - Jan 11th, 2009 at 10:20pm

The way i read it, the world will rejoice when those opposed to israel fall

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #77 - Jan 11th, 2009 at 10:30pm

Yadda, do you really follow the OT, and not the NT, which is the teachings of Christ, thus Christians, not Talmud (which I am led to understand, perhaps erroneously, the KJV OT is a replication of) and teachings of the Jews?

Psalms and NT I think is what Christians are supposed to live by.

Do you eat pork and shellfish? If you do you are going against the OT. Do you believe in stoning to death, casting judgement etc, which is also against the NT.

I think you are just supposed to live as the NT says to.

I am from a foreign government. This is not a joke. I am authorised to investigate state and federal bodies including ASIO.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #78 - Jan 12th, 2009 at 10:17am

easel wrote on Jan 11th, 2009 at 10:30pm:
Yadda,
do you really follow the OT, and not the NT
, which is the teachings of Christ, thus Christians, not Talmud (which I am led to understand, perhaps erroneously, the KJV OT is a replication of) and teachings of the Jews?

Psalms and NT I think is what Christians are supposed to live by.

Do you eat pork and shellfish? If you do you are going against the OT. Do you believe in stoning to death, casting judgement etc, which is also against the NT.

I think you are just supposed to live as the NT says to.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

easel,

When the verse above was given, there was no NT!

That verse, in the NT, was referring to the OT scripture !

Yes?

In Jesus day, AD 30? [and later], there was only the OT scriptures,
.....which Jesus and Paul, and other NT saints frequently quoted from, within the [now!] NT.

In my opinion,
A Christian who does not [also] study the OT is missing the 'main game'!

Jesus himself, stated that many, many, verses from the OT referred to himself, his person, as the redeemer.

Personally, the books of the Bible i seem to get the most out of atm, are,
  • John,
  • Romans,
  • Hebrews,
  • Psalms [these are so, so, inspiring!!!],
  • Isaiah,
  • Exodus,
  • Deuteronomy.

Quote:
".....do you really follow the OT, and not the NT..."

easel,

I think that if you read my my posts in OzP, it should become quite clear what i believe [in].

p.s.

I'm mostly [70%-90%] a vegan.

[I mostly, try to avoid all processed foods.]

I don't eat pork, but i do sometimes eat chocolate!   Grin

Quote:
".....Do you eat pork and shellfish? If you do you are going against the OT."

Colossians 2:16
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17  Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
18  Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

easel,

Our God and our LORD, is interested in what is in our hearts, not in what is in our stomachs.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #79 - Jan 12th, 2009 at 2:57pm

Doesn't the OT not command against eating pork and shellfish? If you are gonna use some of the OT, use it all.

Also, I thought angels were not to be worshipped, and they don't accept worship, exceptions being fallen angels, yet it would appear you are quoting bible that says you get reward in worshipping angels. What reward is this, hell? I thought worship God and God only.

I am from a foreign government. This is not a joke. I am authorised to investigate state and federal bodies including ASIO.

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Jan 12th, 2009 at 3:24pm

easel wrote on Jan 12th, 2009 at 2:57pm:
Doesn't the OT not command against eating pork and shellfish? ....

Where?

Reality is a figment of imagination

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #81 - Jan 12th, 2009 at 3:50pm

Leviticus 11

11:7 And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.

11:10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Jan 12th, 2009 at 3:59pm

muso wrote on Jan 12th, 2009 at 3:50pm:
Leviticus 11

11:7 And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.

11:10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:

Sounds more like dietary recommendation then religious command.

Reality is a figment of imagination

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #83 - Jan 12th, 2009 at 11:18pm

A prayer for those challenged by their sin, and seeking forgiveness and God's mercy.

Psalms 25:1
<<A Psalm of David.>> Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul.
2  O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.
3  Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.
4  Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.
5  Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
6  Remember, O LORD, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old.
7  Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O LORD.
8  Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.
9  The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.
10  All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.
11  For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great.
12  What man is he that feareth the LORD? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.
13  His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.
14  The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.
15  Mine eyes are ever toward the LORD; for he shall pluck my feet out of the net.
16  Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
17  The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
18  Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
19  Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
20  O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
21  Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
22  Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles.

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #84 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 6:35pm

Quote:
(Genesis 1:29) -King James Bible
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Does this mean it's ok to smoke pot? What about heroin, that comes from opium. What about amphetamines, which are made from pseudoephedrine which is lab synthesised ephedrine which comes from the ephedra plant. What about cocaine?

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #85 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 11:13pm

Where we are now is not The garden of Eden.
Where we are is not what is promised there.
Where we are is somewhere else than where we should be.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #86 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 11:41am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jan 13th, 2009 at 11:13pm:
Where we are now is not The garden of Eden.
Where we are is not what is promised there.
Where we are is somewhere else than where we should be.

Correct response. Well done.

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #87 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 11:44am

easel wrote on Jan 12th, 2009 at 2:57pm:
Doesn't the OT not command against eating pork and shellfish? If you are gonna use some of the OT, use it all.

Also, I thought angels were not to be worshipped, and they don't accept worship, exceptions being fallen angels, yet it would appear you are quoting bible that says you get reward in worshipping angels. What reward is this, hell? I thought worship God and God only.

Don't lose your faith. It's a valuable thing.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #88 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 1:34pm

Quote:
Does this mean it's ok to smoke pot? What about heroin, that comes from opium. What about amphetamines, which are made from pseudoephedrine which is lab synthesised ephedrine which comes from the ephedra plant. What about cocaine?

Yes, but everything in moderation.
'scuse me...gots to run!

-thanks God.

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #89 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 2:09pm

tallowood wrote on Jan 12th, 2009 at 3:59pm:
Sounds more like dietary recommendation then religious command.

Ok. It's a recommendation. If you don't accept it, you go to Hell and have your intestines chewed out by vultures - just like Prometheus.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 42
Send Topic Print