Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 42
Send Topic Print
Bible verses you like (Read 196328 times)
Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Re: Bible verses you like
Reply #540 - Jan 21st, 2020 at 8:15am

moses wrote on Jan 19th, 2020 at 5:08pm:
So the theory is that God became a man, who was tortured to death on a cross?

Well why did God do this?

Because man is so sinful that he can offer absolutely nothing to the Spirit of righteousness (God) as a token of his sorrow and regret, there is nothing that can absolve mankind from this state of continually falling into transgression.

It seems that God so loved mankind that he decided to become the one and only offering that man required, in order to repent and seek spiritual forgiveness for all sins genuinely repented for.

Now I think this is not a bad thing, after all there are some who offer human sacrifice as their offering to their god, some who slaughter animals as a token offering to their god, etc., etc..

Christianity has a peaceful bloodless offering of faith as the supreme sacrifice to their God.

Much better than non Christian human and animal slaughter as the offerings of appeasement to their gods.

Your attempt at biblical apologetics fails as do the vast majority.
Given you mention ‘forgiveness for all sins genuinely repented for’ ask yourself why anyone should repent given your God knowingly granted (omniscience) our species free will in the full knowledge where that would end.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #541 - Jan 21st, 2020 at 4:01pm

Repentance, why should someone seek it, because we all have free will and can do as we like?

Not really true if we want a civilized caring progressive society.

Murderers rapists thieves liars, all do things that are not compatible with our civilized way of life.

We have societal laws and punishments set out as the rules and regulations of our civilization.

Man definitely has the capacity both physically and mentally to carry out these deeds, some men more than others.

Man should seek to live within the social guidelines set out by our lawmakers.

Men often fail to live up to the standard required.

Now spiritually speaking, some men who have failed, may wish to genuinely discontinue their wrong ways, they may genuinely wish to stop, repent and seek spiritual tranquility.

Many men of all persuasions believe they must offer a sacrifice to some *god*, these sacrifices take the form of gifts, slaughtered animals, humans etc..

Christianity has the sacrificial creed of: The highest offering they can give to God is, the faith that Christ died for their sins.

I believe this is definitely a superior way over the slaughter of animals, or human sacrifice, as is the case with some people today 21st century.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #542 - Jan 25th, 2020 at 11:52pm

John 17:6
I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.
7  Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.
8  For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.
9  I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

John 17:12
While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
13  And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
14  I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
15  I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
16  They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Yadda said....
Quote:

We have no power, to choose God.

It is God who chooses us.

"....The Lord knoweth them that are his...."

How ?

The clues, are everywhere, in God's word.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #543 - Jan 26th, 2020 at 4:08am

Judges 1:19

And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

Iron. God's kryptonite.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #544 - Feb 16th, 2020 at 7:01pm

Raven wrote on Jan 26th, 2020 at 4:08am:
Judges 1:19

And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

Iron. God's kryptonite.

Grin

Heard it before but it's a good one.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #545 - Feb 28th, 2020 at 11:16pm

Clamorous, for that which is false [and, worthless].

Men and women, are.

...for what SATAN offers to them.   "And the serpent said unto the woman,..."

Matthew 24:28
For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

"ye know that summer is nigh"

Matthew 24:32
Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33  So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

"travailing in birth"

Revelation 12:1
And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
2  And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #546 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 2:24pm

John 12:35
Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.
36  While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.

Truth isn't always with us [....isn't always able to be seen or recognised].

If you see truth, appreciate it !

We ought to, grasp hold of it tightly, and press it to your heart.

appreciate = = recognize the value or significance of.     be grateful for.

When the darkness comes, then, we will appreciate the great value of the knowledge of the light.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #547 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 2:28pm

I am the normal one- Jurgen Klopp (aka God)

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #548 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 2:46pm

Some of us are not normal......

Especially Yadda.    [wink]

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1326674103/11#11
Quote:

I am not mainstream.

I am not 'normal'.

IMO, the 'mainstream' [represented by the people present at the Hilltop Hoods gig], are the people who are 'normal'.

I, me, Yadda, i am a part of humankind.

But i am perhaps, on the periphery of the what we know as humankind?

But i am not 'mainstream'.

And to me, that is a good thing.

From where i am 'standing', i [definitely] have a different perspective from the 'mainstream'.

Do ya think?

Watch that music clip again.     Wink

I just do not want to be associated with, what are regarded [by the 'majority' today] as 'normal' people.

'Normal' criminal behaviour - in mankind
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1293669294/0#0
Quote:

What happens to many 'normal' people when they think that they are free from any restraint or authority?
Look at the common behaviour and conduct of many people in society, especially young people out at night, looking for a 'good time'.

I'm sure that you have seen some of the results on the evening TV news, the one punch fatalities, the random sexual assaults, the broken and slashed faces.

Q.
And i ask, why is it, that it isn't it safe to walk our suburban or city streets at night?

A.
Because there are too many 'normal' people, walking those streets at night.     Cheesy

A simple definition of SANITY/INSANITY.

Typically, an unrestrained sane person will act in ways which are harmless to others, and in ways which are creative, and productive [for himself, others, and society].

And typically, and conversely, an unrestrained INSANE person will act in ways which are harmful and destructive to himself, and, or, others around him.

Lonely Yadda.               Smiley              Wink

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #549 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 2:53pm

*watches the joke sail clear over Yaddas head*

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #550 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 2:55pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 6th, 2020 at 2:53pm:

*watches the joke sail clear over Yaddas head*

Ha. Ha.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #551 - Apr 12th, 2020 at 12:58am

Yadda wrote on Feb 28th, 2020 at 11:16pm:

Clamorous, for that which is false [and, worthless].

Men and women, are.

...for what SATAN offers to them.   "And the serpent said unto the woman,..."

Matthew 24:28
For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

"ye know that summer is nigh"

Matthew 24:32
Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33  So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

"travailing in birth"

Revelation 12:1
And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
2  And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

So you believe you are worthless?

Why should anyone believe your lies?  How sad is your faith if think you are nothing.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #552 - Apr 12th, 2020 at 8:01pm

Here's Moses praying and getting instruction from Sauron from Middle-East... Earth.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #553 - Apr 14th, 2020 at 7:16pm

Isaiah 56:1
Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.

Q.
How do we 'Keep judgment' ?

Q.
How do we 'do justice' ?

"And what is good, Phaedrus? And what is not good? Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?"

- Plato

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #554 - Apr 19th, 2020 at 10:00pm

Proverbs 29:4
The king by judgment establisheth the land: but he that receiveth gifts overthroweth it.

Right judgment establishes and enriches a land [for its people], but corruption [in the halls of authority] overthrows a land.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 42
Send Topic Print