Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 42
Send Topic Print
Bible verses you like (Read 196721 times)
Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Re: Bible verses you like
Reply #480 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 1:26am

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

1 Corinthians 13: 6-7

This one also is meaningful.
There is not a word wasted there.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #481 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 11:32am

@ Reply #480

A perfect, and immutable message there Sprint.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #482 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 6:36pm

So can it be inferred from this 
Quote:
........ Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth ........

that what is evil is not the truth and the truth is not evil ?

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #483 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 10:07pm

@ Reply #482

Yes.

Evil is not the truth,        and the truth is not evil.

Truth, and evil,       are always mutually opposing 'entities'.

While 'light' and truth are often seen as being synonymous, in scripture.

as per.....

John 3:19
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20  For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21  But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Truth, is presented as a cleansing 'light',    is the light, which exposes the fault and error of evil.

sprint,

I would argue, that scripture indicates that liberty, and truth, and judgment, and righteousness, and lovingkindness, are all inextricably linked.

Psalms 119:29
Remove from me the way of lying: and grant me thy law graciously.
30  I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid before me.

Psalms 119:43
And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy judgments.
44  So shall I keep thy law continually for ever and ever.
45  And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.

Psalms 119:150
They draw nigh that follow after mischief: they are far from thy law.
151  Thou art near, O LORD; and all thy commandments are truth.

Jeremiah 9:24
But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

Jesus words....

John 18:37
...for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Nom de Plume
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #484 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 11:04pm

Luke 12:49-53 49"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! 50But I have a baptism to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."

Jesus' msg of love man......

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #485 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 6:45am

Quote:

So can it be inferred from this 
Quote:
........ Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth ........

that what is evil is not the truth and the truth is not evil ?

Truth opposes evil, and vice versa.

Light opposes darkness, and vice versa.

addendum to Reply #483

John 8:39
They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
40  But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
41  Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
42  Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43  Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15  For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #486 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 7:02am

Nom de Plume wrote on Feb 18th, 2018 at 11:04pm:

Luke 12:49-53 49"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! 50But I have a baptism to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."

Jesus' msg of love man......

Nom De Plume,

The message of your post is correct.

Truth opposes evil, and vice versa.

Light opposes darkness, and vice versa.

There is a spiritual war going on, for the souls of men, which is being played out here, in this realm.

Again....

John 8:39
They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
40  But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
41  Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
42  Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43  Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Galatians 4:22
For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
23  But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
24  Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
25  For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
26  But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
27  For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
28  Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
29  But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
30  Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
31  So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

Hebrews 12:6
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7  If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8  But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9  Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10  For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #487 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 7:58pm

I love the human personalities shown in The Bible

Quote:
Now King David was told, “The Lord has blessed the household of Obed-Edom and everything he has, because of the ark of God.”
So David went to bring up the ark of God from the house of Obed-Edom to the City of David with rejoicing.
When those who were carrying the ark of the Lord had taken six steps, he sacrificed a bull and a fattened calf.
Wearing a linen ephod, David was dancing before the Lord with all his might, while he and all Israel were bringing up the ark of the Lord with shouts and the sound of trumpets.

As the ark of the Lord was entering the City of David, Michal daughter of Saul watched from a window. And when she saw King David leaping and dancing before the Lord, she despised him in her heart.

They brought the ark of the Lord and set it in its place inside the tent that David had pitched for it, and David sacrificed burnt offerings and fellowship offerings before the Lord. After he had finished sacrificing the burnt offerings and fellowship offerings, he blessed the people in the name of the Lord Almighty.
Then he gave a loaf of bread, a cake of dates and a cake of raisins to each person in the whole crowd of Israelites, both men and women.
And all the people went to their homes.

When David returned home to bless his household, Michal daughter of Saul came out to meet him and said, “How the king of Israel has distinguished himself today, going around half-naked in full view of the slave girls of his servants as any vulgar fellow would!”

David said to Michal, “It was before the Lord, who chose me rather than your father or anyone from his house when he appointed me ruler over the Lord’s people Israel—I will celebrate before the Lord. I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes. But by these slave girls you spoke of, I will be held in honor.”

And Michal daughter of Saul had no children to the day of her death.

2 Samuel 6:12 - 23

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #488 - May 1st, 2018 at 6:43pm

Those who guard their mouths and their tongues keep themselves from calamity.

Proverbs 21:23

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #489 - May 5th, 2018 at 5:34pm

' ....... And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus..... '

Philippians 4:7

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #490 - May 5th, 2018 at 9:22pm

This is a thread for 'Bible verses you like'

Post those, stay within the guidelines and I will not delete it.

Make your own thread if you wish and stay within the guidelines

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #491 - Feb 9th, 2019 at 9:49am

Luke 10:25
And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26  He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27  And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28  And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #492 - Feb 16th, 2019 at 8:40am

Ancient Jacob had 12 sons.

But today, only one [of these sons] is still plainly identifiable, in the world.

Genesis 49:8
Judah, thou art he whom thy brethren shall praise: thy hand shall be in the neck of thine enemies; thy father's children shall bow down before thee.
9  Judah is a lion's whelp: from the prey, my son, thou art gone up: he stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion; who shall rouse him up?
10  The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

Q.
Have all of the other 'sons' of Jacob, been 'mingled' among mankind, and lost, in the course of human history ?

Some people, many, assume so.

Deuteronomy 32:8
When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel.
9  For the LORD'S portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

Romans 11:26
And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

2 Timothy 2:19
.....the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his.....

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #493 - Feb 16th, 2019 at 8:52am

What shall be the fate of the ungodly?

Psalms 1   KJV.

The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

6 For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #494 - Feb 16th, 2019 at 8:58am

"Blessed are the cheesemakers".

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 42
Send Topic Print