Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 42
Send Topic Print
Bible verses you like (Read 196329 times)
Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Re: Bible verses you like
Reply #465 - May 25th, 2017 at 1:31am

Luke 14:26

"If you want to be my disciple, you must hate everyone else, your father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, even yourself. Otherwise you can not be my disciple."

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #466 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 3:09am

I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches.
Psalm 119:14 NIV

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

0ktema
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #467 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 10:48am

Search through me, O God, and know my heart. Examine me and know my disquieting thoughts, and see whether there is in me any painful way, and lead me in the way of time indefinite

Pslams 139:23-24

"We Are Consciousness Itself"
- Adi Da Samraj

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #468 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 7:59pm

A woman in that town who lived a sinful life learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee’s house, so she came there with an alabaster jar of perfume.
As she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears.
Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them.

When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, “If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is—that she is a sinner.”

Jesus answered him, “Simon, I have something to tell you.”

“Tell me, teacher,” he said.

“Two people owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. Neither of them had the money to pay him back, so he forgave the debts of both. Now which of them will love him more?”

Simon replied, “I suppose the one who had the bigger debt forgiven.”

“You have judged correctly,” Jesus said.

Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.”

Then Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”

The other guests began to say among themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?”

50 Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

Luke 7:37-50

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #469 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 8:04pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 7:59pm:
A woman in that town who lived a sinful life learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee’s house, so she came there with an alabaster jar of perfume.
As she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears.
Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them.

When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, “If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is—that she is a sinner.”

Jesus answered him, “Simon, I have something to tell you.”

“Tell me, teacher,” he said.

“Two people owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. Neither of them had the money to pay him back, so he forgave the debts of both. Now which of them will love him more?”

Simon replied, “I suppose the one who had the bigger debt forgiven.”

“You have judged correctly,” Jesus said.

Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.”

Then Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”

The other guests began to say among themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?”

50 Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

Luke 7:37-50

I first read this a decade ago. Truly read it.
It is an amazing portion of the Bible.
It so shows the human nature, relationships.
When you put it into context of the times and 'who was who' ..........

Jesus was and is a rivetting person.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #470 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 10:34pm

Matt 5

[9] Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #471 - Nov 19th, 2017 at 9:27pm

Hey Marla,

Rest assured, i don't believe in such a myth.

Psalms 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
2  The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
3  They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #472 - Nov 26th, 2017 at 12:38am

All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.
No one calls on your name or strives to lay hold of you; for you have hidden your face from us and have given us over to our sins.
Yet you, Lord, are our Father.
We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.
Do not be angry beyond measure, Lord; do not remember our sins forever.
Oh, look on us, we pray, for we are all your people.

Isaiah 64:6-9

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #473 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 7:33pm

"It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for the rich to go to heaven..."

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #474 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:41am

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 14:6 NIV

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #475 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 1:03pm

I do not sit with the deceitful, nor do I associate with hypocrites.
I abhor the assembly of evildoers and refuse to sit with the wicked.
I wash my hands in innocence, and go about your altar, Lord, proclaiming aloud your praise and telling of all your wonderful deeds.

Lord, I love the house where you live, the place where your glory dwells.
Do not take away my soul along with sinners, my life with those who are bloodthirsty, in whose hands are wicked schemes, whose right hands are full of bribes.
I lead a blameless life; deliver me and be merciful to me.

My feet stand on level ground; in the great congregation I will praise the Lord.

Psalm 26:4-12

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #476 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 2:39pm

The people of Jerusalem and their rulers did not recognize Jesus, yet in condemning him they fulfilled the words of the prophets that are read every Sabbath.

Acts 13:27

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #477 - Feb 3rd, 2018 at 11:57am

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.
He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Colossians 1:15-20

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #478 - Feb 3rd, 2018 at 12:04pm

Auggie wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 7:33pm:
"It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for the rich to go to heaven..."

There is one of Jesus more confusing quotes.
I doubt Jesus is saying "Rich people are not coming to Heaven."
That'ld be contrary to what the NT is all about.
Jesus was really rich.

Quote:
................The "Eye of the Needle" has been claimed to be a gate in Jerusalem, which opened after the main gate was closed at night.
A camel could only pass through this smaller gate if it was stooped and had its baggage removed.
This story has been put forth since at least the 15th century, and possibly as far back as the 9th century............

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #479 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 7:34pm

Quote:
He strengthened their defenses and put commanders in them, with supplies of food, olive oil and wine.
He put shields and spears in all the cities, and made them very strong. So Judah and Benjamin were his.

2 Chronicles 11:11,12

This one says a lot

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 42
Send Topic Print