Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 42
Send Topic Print
Bible verses you like (Read 196319 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: Bible verses you like
Reply #105 - Apr 25th, 2009 at 11:52pm

There was a time, and there is a way....

Proverbs 14:12
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Acts 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #106 - Apr 25th, 2009 at 11:54pm

Those who walk without God, walk without God because they are proud [overconfident in their own abilities].

The children of men are too 'wise', to want, to need, or to seek their God and his righteousness.

".....and they shall be driven to darkness."

Isaiah 8:9
Associate yourselves, O ye people, and ye shall be broken in pieces; and give ear, all ye of far countries: gird yourselves, and ye shall be broken in pieces; gird yourselves, and ye shall be broken in pieces.
10  Take counsel together, and it shall come to nought; speak the word, and it shall not stand: for God is with us.
11  For the LORD spake thus to me with a strong hand, and instructed me that I should not walk in the way of this people, saying,
12  Say ye not, A confederacy, to all them to whom this people shall say, A confederacy; neither fear ye their fear, nor be afraid.
13  Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.
14  And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
15  And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken.
16  Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.
17  And I will wait upon the LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him.
18  Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.
19  And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?
20  To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
21  And they shall pass through it, hardly bestead and hungry: and it shall come to pass, that when they shall be hungry, they shall fret themselves, and curse their king and their God, and look upward.
22  And they shall look unto the earth; and behold trouble and darkness, dimness of anguish; and they shall be driven to darkness.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #107 - Apr 25th, 2009 at 11:56pm

Isaiah 54 speaks of Zion.

Zion is a 'woman'.

Who is Zion?

Isaiah 54:1
Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the LORD.
2  Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes;
3  For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.
4  Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more.
5  For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.
6  For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.
7  For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.
8  In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.
9  For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.
10  For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.
11  O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires.
12  And I will make thy windows of agates, and thy gates of carbuncles, and all thy borders of pleasant stones.
13  And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children.
14  In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee.
15  Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.
16  Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.
17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #108 - May 14th, 2009 at 4:59pm

Where is God's help for his ppl, Israel?

Psalms 89:38
But thou hast cast off and abhorred, thou hast been wroth with thine anointed.
39  Thou hast made void the covenant of thy servant: thou hast profaned his crown by casting it to the ground.
40  Thou hast broken down all his hedges; thou hast brought his strong holds to ruin.
41  All that pass by the way spoil him: he is a reproach to his neighbours.
42  Thou hast set up the right hand of his adversaries; thou hast made all his enemies to rejoice.
43  Thou hast also turned the edge of his sword, and hast not made him to stand in the battle.
44  Thou hast made his glory to cease, and cast his throne down to the ground.
45  The days of his youth hast thou shortened: thou hast covered him with shame. Selah.
46  How long, LORD? wilt thou hide thyself for ever? shall thy wrath burn like fire?
47  Remember how short my time is: wherefore hast thou made all men in vain?
48  What man is he that liveth, and shall not see death? shall he deliver his soul from the hand of the grave? Selah.
49  Lord, where are thy former lovingkindnesses, which thou swarest unto David in thy truth?
50  Remember, Lord, the reproach of thy servants; how I do bear in my bosom the reproach of all the mighty people;
51  Wherewith thine enemies have reproached, O LORD; wherewith they have reproached the footsteps of thine anointed.
52  Blessed be the LORD for evermore. Amen, and Amen.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #109 - Jun 2nd, 2009 at 12:21am

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes.
There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

Revelation 21:4

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #110 - Jun 4th, 2009 at 12:33pm

sprint,

A comforting sentiment.

There is a very similar verse in Isaiah.

Isaiah 25:8
He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.
9  And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #111 - Jun 20th, 2009 at 5:50pm

What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?

Mark 8:36

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #112 - Aug 17th, 2009 at 9:46am

THE HARVEST OF WICKEDNESS OF THE EARTH IS RIPE

Genesis 12:3
And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Matthew 13:24
Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25  But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26  But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27  So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28  He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29  But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30  Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Matthew 13:36
Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
37  He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38  The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39  The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40  As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

Matthew 24:37
....as the days of Noe [Noah] were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Genesis 6:5
And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Revelation 14:15
And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.

Zechariah 12:1
The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.
2  Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.
3  And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Joel 3:9
Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles; Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up:
10  Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.
11  Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O LORD.
12  Let the heathen be wakened, and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat: for there will I sit to judge all the heathen round about.
13  Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great.

Mark 4:23
If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
24  And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.
25  For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath.
26  And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground;
27  And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how.
28  For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear.
29  But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #113 - Aug 17th, 2009 at 9:48am

ZION SHALL BE REDEEMED WITH JUDGEMENT

Isaiah 1:27
Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness.

Isaiah 54:8
In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.

Isaiah 43:1
But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

Isaiah 44:21
Remember these, O Jacob and Israel; for thou art my servant: I have formed thee; thou art my servant: O Israel, thou shalt not be forgotten of me.
22  I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee.

Isaiah 26:21
For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

Zechariah 12:9
And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
10  And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Isaiah 40:1
Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.
2  Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD'S hand double for all her sins.
3  The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
4  Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:
5  And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Ezekiel 39:23
And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against me, therefore hid I my face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword.
24  According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them, and hid my face from them.
25  Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
26  After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
27  When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
28  Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
29  Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

2 Samuel 7:23
And what one nation in the earth is like thy people, even like Israel, whom God went to redeem for a people to himself, and to make him a name, and to do for you great things and terrible, for thy land, before thy people, which thou redeemedst to thee from Egypt, from the nations and their gods?

Mark 4:30
And he said, Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? or with what comparison shall we compare it?
31  It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth:
32  But when it is sown, it groweth up, and becometh greater than all herbs, and shooteth out great branches; so that the fowls of the air may lodge under the shadow of it.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #114 - Aug 17th, 2009 at 2:06pm

"Who? Me?!?" (Moses in Exodus 4:1 - I paraphrase)

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #115 - Aug 17th, 2009 at 9:24pm

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

1 Corinthians 12:27

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #116 - Aug 18th, 2009 at 10:14am

2 Corinthians 6:15
And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #117 - Aug 21st, 2009 at 8:20am

He told them, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
You are witnesses of these things.
I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high."

Luke 24:46-49

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #118 - Aug 22nd, 2009 at 12:16am

I've heard there was a secret chord
that David played, and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, Do you?
It goes like this, the fourth, the fifth
The minor Fall, The major lift,
The baffled king composing, hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Your faith was strong but you needed proof
You saw her bathing on the roof
Her beauty in the moonlight overthrew you
She tied you to a kitchen chair, she broke your throne
she cut your hair and from your lips she drew the halleujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Maybe I've been here before
I know this room, I've walked this floor
I used to live alone before I knew you
I've seen your flag on the marble arch
love is not a victory march
it's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

There was a time you let me know
What's real and going on below
but now you never show it to me, do you?
And remember when I moved in you
the holy dove was moving too
And every breath we drew was Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Maybe there's a God above
And all I ever learned from love
Was how to shoot at someone who outdrew you
It's not a cry you can hear at night
It's not somebody who's seen the light
it's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah…

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #119 - Aug 22nd, 2009 at 12:29pm

Was that from the humanist bible Helian?

I liked Buckley's version, but this one I think outdoes it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIMOdVXAPJ0

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 42
Send Topic Print