Send Topic Print
Go you old thing (Read 16703 times)
Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Re: Go you old thing
Reply #90 - May 22nd, 2008 at 5:18pm

BTW, for the purpose of full disclosure I don't work nor do I contribute to Wikipedia.

Grin Grin Wink Wink

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #91 - May 22nd, 2008 at 5:26pm

Actually, they did a study comparing wikipedia to a standard encyclopedia. I think wikipedia came out either the same or better. Sure anyone can edit it, but it is very easy to remove bad edits.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

lapaz62

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - May 22nd, 2008 at 6:24pm

They edited the Bible didnt they, nothing but the truth in there.

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #93 - May 22nd, 2008 at 7:43pm

lapaz62 wrote on May 22nd, 2008 at 6:24pm:
They edited the Bible didnt they, nothing but the truth in there.

LOL. I have to agree with you there.

Grin

IP Logged

Sappho
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #94 - May 23rd, 2008 at 9:04am

freediver wrote on May 21st, 2008 at 6:25pm:
Obviously I am not suggesting that workchoices is responsible for more than a small part of the increase in demand. This will explain how it works better than I could:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand

Note that as far as the local labour market is concerned, the supply side is very insensitive (ie constrained, the 'labour shortage').

Freediver, I'm not even going to go there with wiki kinder knowledge. Surely you realise that many factors permiate the economy?

I am interested in the connection you are making between 'work choices', labour and 'lots of money' for 'most' people. You claimed there was an influence that work choices has effected... Albeit a small influence... But an influcence nonetheless.

The answer you give is supply and demand. Well, how has supply and demand within the labour market been effected by work choices? 

Where you say... Lots of money... What do you mean?

Asside from commodities, what is the next most significant factor driving the economy, if not work choices? 

"Love is a cunning weaver of fantasies and fables."

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #95 - May 23rd, 2008 at 9:34am

Wikipedia is as good a source as any on the net. This is especially true for 'non-controversial' issues - like supply and demand.

Workchoices makes it easier for employers to take on employees by reducing the risk involved. Hence it increases demand. Another way of looking at it is a reduction in the transaction cost.

Note that Howard watered the legislation down significantly in response to an electoral backlash, to the point where many commentators saw it as little better than the previous legislation. However, I think the watered down bits only applied to existing contracts.

IP Logged

Sappho
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #96 - May 23rd, 2008 at 2:33pm

It's like pulling teeth ladies and gentlemen.

And how has this caused employees, who would have been employed regardless, to have 'lot's of money'?

Would seem to me that by making employer responsibilities less and so increase their demand upon the labour market, which wasn't necessary by the way, employees get less wealth.

And when you say lot's of money, what do you mean?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #97 - May 23rd, 2008 at 2:36pm

It's like pulling teeth because I am not going to explain the concept of supply and demand to you. I gave a link above to a better explanation than I could give. I assure you that once you understand that it will all be perfectly clear. If you don't make that effort, well, you will never understand will you?

IP Logged

Sappho
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #98 - May 24th, 2008 at 10:03am

duplicate

IP Logged

Sappho
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #99 - May 24th, 2008 at 10:05am

freediver wrote on May 23rd, 2008 at 2:36pm:
It's like pulling teeth because I am not going to explain the concept of supply and demand to you. I gave a link above to a better explanation than I could give. I assure you that once you understand that it will all be perfectly clear. If you don't make that effort, well, you will never understand will you?

But I am well studied in Economics Freediver... formally and informally. I understand Supply and Demand... and I understand that it is not the dominant factor in the allocation of 'lots of money' to employees though work choices... Do you? In fact I question your claims entirely.

Scarcity is playing a role here that you ignore, that would give readers a better understanding of why work choices did not give people 'lot's of money'... would you like a Wiki Kinder link for that?

Quite clearly you have avoided answering the question because you are a waffling wankademic.

Talk about what you know about next time.

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #100 - May 24th, 2008 at 10:11am

freediver wrote on May 23rd, 2008 at 2:36pm:

If wikipedia can explain things better than you dude why participate in forums?  Or is that the answer to everything for you? 

Post a dumb theory you just made up then if anyone asks you to explain it you state that Wiki is much better than you at it, besides which unless we have had the education you have we won't be likely to understand anyway.  So you're not wasting your valuable time?

Have you any idea how obviously false that is to the reader?

You don't fool me freediver, I went to primary school too.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #101 - May 24th, 2008 at 12:29pm

Scarcity is playing a role here that you ignore

I am not ignoring it at all. In fact that link contains a brief description of supply side economics. Scarcity comes into the supply side. Whatever sensitivity the supply side has, you still need something to change in oder for that sensitivity to play a role. I said work choices only plays a small role. That hardly means I am ignoring all the other factors. In fact I believe it was you who kept bringing work choices up. Why, I still have no idea. I'm sure you're working up to some kind of point though.

IP Logged

Sappho
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #102 - May 24th, 2008 at 4:34pm

freediver wrote on May 24th, 2008 at 12:29pm:
Scarcity is playing a role here that you ignore

I am not ignoring it at all. In fact that link contains a brief description of supply side economics. Scarcity comes into the supply side. Whatever sensitivity the supply side has, you still need something to change in oder for that sensitivity to play a role. I said work choices only plays a small role. That hardly means I am ignoring all the other factors. In fact I believe it was you who kept bringing work choices up. Why, I still have no idea. I'm sure you're working up to some kind of point though.

I keep bringing it up because you are yet to explain it's small influence. I don't see it. I see the opposite. You are also yet to explain what you mean by 'lot's of money for most'. I don't see most people with 'lot's of money'.

You can post all the links you want but none of them are actually discussing what you are claiming.

Your wiki link, and I haven't read it, probably makes no mention of 'work choices' and very little reference if any to the 'means of production'.

Give up. You've been shown as a sham.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #103 - May 25th, 2008 at 2:43pm

You think it has a big influence? A positive influence? It is absurd to expect someone to justify why it would have a small effect. If you think it has a significant effect, it's up to you to explain. Otherwise you are doing little more than demanding I counter an argument, or any number of arguments, that do not (yet) exist. You can't prove a negative.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print