Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
I touched a UFO: ex-air force pilot (Read 5424 times)
easel
Gold Member

I touched a UFO: ex-air force pilot
Mar 18th, 2008 at 2:28pm

http://www.smh.com.au/news/unusual-tales/call-for-inquiry-as-pilot-says-he-touch...

Flashback to 1981 ... seen over Vancouver Island in British Columbia and made public by the British Ministry of Defence in 2006.

November 13, 2007 - 2:16PM

A group of former pilots who have recounted seeing strange phenomena in the sky has demanded the US government reopen an investigation into UFOs.

Several pilots offered dramatic accounts of witnessing UFOs - including a transparent flying disc and a triangular craft with mysterious markings - as they insisted their questions needed to be taken seriously more than 30 years after the US file was closed.

"We want the US government to stop perpetuating the myth that all UFOs can be explained away in down-to-earth, conventional terms," said Fife Symington, former governor of Arizona and air force pilot who says he saw a UFO in 1997.

"Instead our country needs to reopen its official investigation that it shut down in 1969," Symington said.

"We believe that for reasons of both national security and flight safety, every country should make an effort to identify any object in its airspace," said a statement from the 19 former pilots and government officials from around the world.

The subject of UFOs came up in a recent debate among US presidential candidates, with Democrat Dennis Kucinich saying he once saw a UFO - making him the object of ridicule and jokes by late night television comedians.

Sceptics say UFO sightings are merely aircraft, satellites or meteors re-entering the Earth's atmosphere.

But the retired pilots spoke to a sympathetic audience of UFO "believers" who heard them recall their encounters with seemingly other-worldly objects appearing out of the sky.

"Nothing in my training prepared me for what we were witnessing," said James Penniston, a retired US Air Force pilot, as he described seeing and touching a UFO when he was stationed at a British air base in Woodbridge.

He said he saw an inexplicable triangular craft in a clearing in the woods with "blue and yellow lights swirling around the exterior".

The UFO was "warm to the touch and felt like metal," Penniston said. One side of the craft had pictorial symbols and "the largest symbol was a triangle, which was centred in the middle of the others," he said.

Then after 45 minutes the light from the object "began to intensify" and it then "shot off at an unbelievable speed" before 80 Air Force personnel, he said. "In my logbook, I wrote 'speed: impossible'."

Rodrigo Bravo from Chile's air force said UFOs needed to be studied but lamented that the media often belittle the sightings.

"Sadly the UFO subject has been contaminated with false information, out of touch with reality, provided by unqualified people to the media," Bravo said.

"One of our most important civil aviation cases occurred in 1988, showing that unidentified flying objects can be a danger for air operations," he said.

"A Boeing 737 pilot on a final approach to the runway at the Puerto Montt airport suddenly encountered a large white light surrounded by green and red."

The pilot took a sharp turn to avoid a collision, according to Bravo.

The panel included a former Iranian fighter pilot, Parviz Jafari, who said in 1976 he tried in vain to fire from his jet at an "object which was flashing with intense red, green, orange and blue light" over Tehran.

But when he approached, "my weapons jammed and my radio communications garbled".

A former Air France captain, Jean-Charles Duboc, said in 1994 he and his crew saw "a huge flying disc" near Paris with a diameter of about 300 metres that left no sign on radar.

The disc "became transparent and disappeared in about 10 to 20 seconds," Duboc said.

The former pilot said like other major airlines Air France was mindful of its image and it was difficult to raise the subject of UFOs.

A former official with the Federal Aviation Administration, John Callahan, said government agencies discourage inquiries into UFOs.

"'Who believes in UFOs?' is the kind of attitude of the FAA all the time," he said.

"However, when I asked the CIA person: 'What do you think it was,' he responded 'a UFO'."

When Callahan suggested the government tell Americans about a UFO, the CIA official allegedly told him: "'No way, if we were to tell the American public there are UFOs they would panic."'

AFP

I am from a foreign government. This is not a joke. I am authorised to investigate state and federal bodies including ASIO.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: I touched a UFO: ex-air force pilot
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 3:20pm

That photo looks like a black frisbee.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2008 at 3:53pm

wonder if there is a dof just off piccie jumping for the ufo/frisbee.

I saw a ufo one day.  it was in the air, an object and i could not identify it.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #3 - Mar 21st, 2008 at 1:20pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Mar 20th, 2008 at 3:53pm:
wonder if there is a dof just off piccie jumping for the ufo/frisbee.

I saw a ufo one day.  it was in the air, an object and i could not identify it.

In the air  ?..you dont say..how unusual. Roll Eyes

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 2:39am

The closest I've ever been to a UFO experience is hearing something really really really fast skim across a cloudy night sky from one horizon to the other overhead.
Couldn't see it, but it made a sound like it was ice-skating with sporadic breaks of silence.
I would say a meteor falling, but it seemed to just go right 'across' the sky.
Maybe it was a Stealth in Australian skies?
It was also low sounding, as if just above the cloud cover.
Didn't sound like a jet fighter though.

Fast, very fast. Five silent breaks with five 'skating on ice' sounds for about a second each.

That photo looks like a button on a blue art sheet you find in an art shop.

UFO's are an American thing: Culturally they are the most dominant 'Aviation' nation and all things 'up there'. It sounds more like an American Dream, than a current reality.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 8:17am

Jasin wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 2:39am:
The closest I've ever been to a UFO experience is hearing something really really really fast skim across a cloudy night sky from one horizon to the other overhead.
Couldn't see it, but it made a sound like it was ice-skating with sporadic breaks of silence.

Fast, very fast. Five silent breaks with five 'skating on ice' sounds for about a second each.

UFO's are an American thing: Culturally they are the most dominant 'Aviation' nation and all things 'up there'. It sounds more like an American Dream, than a current reality.

Enjoyed that anal probe, did you?

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

SadKangaroo

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #6 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 12:13pm

There has to be other life out there in the universe, intelligent or otherwise, we can't be the only fluke of nature.

But grainy poor quality photos of UFO's only prove one thing, the person claiming it is a UFO is mistaking the "Unknown" un UFO for "it's Aliens!"

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 2:12pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 12:13pm:
There has to be other life out there in the universe, intelligent or otherwise, we can't be the only fluke of nature.

But grainy poor quality photos of UFO's only prove one thing, the person claiming it is a UFO is mistaking the "Unknown" un UFO for "it's Aliens!"

Good point and I think you're right.

Over-Population makes people desperate for a $buck, so Americans would make anything up to crawl away from that poverty mass down below. There's a silly program on now 'Supernatural caught on camera' - it's not really the subject matter - its all about 'camera tricks' that create that 'culture' of illusion. It's a big money spinner.
Luckily I saw a Doco on nearly all of the popular camera tricks and 'hoaxes' and how they are all done. It was so precise in its debunking, that I'm surprised shows like Supernatural on 'Camera' is still going around. But if idiots will still pay for such 'entertainment' - which it is to many who participate in such to provide for a $buck, I guess it will just keep flowing on, despite the obvious sham that it is.

I can understand and even support that people probably found prehistoric fossils back in the very old days - where a skull of T-Rex in the rock and dirt may be seen as a 'Dragon'. I guess that's the best they can do, until more knowledge becomes available and quite frankly the concept of 'Dragons' has provided my 'entertainment' down through the ages until the truth is properly found and revealed. Hell, Nessie probably saved the Town of Loch Ness financially, so why not just make a show of it. There is always 'evidence' to kick start such things, but like a Fish Tale, the bells and whistles come out as well to make it more than it really is.

2001: A Space Odyssey is a very good example. Clarke and Kubrick knew the Monolith represented the Cinema screen (my god, it's full of 'hollywood' stars) - but the movie manipulates it as something more and mysterious which has been it's biggest attraction to keep people 'wondering' beyond the bounds of what it really is. Clarke changed the Monolith 'Cinema Screen' to a Computer in later novels. So in essence, there was really 'nothing' out there in regards to the story - but to the uniformed, the audience was as mentally aware as Primates. Quite an insult to the informed Viewer to be labelled a 'monkey' by Clarke & Kubrick.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 2:15pm

AiA wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 8:17am:
Jasin wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 2:39am:

Enjoyed that anal probe, did you?

Grin
I kid you not AiA. Had an American patient come out from his sedation after surgery. He woke up while I was doing his BP and he asked in his accent "How long have I been under?"
Jokingly I said "About a week, do you remember all those bright lights and austra-aliens around you?"
I near crapped myself when I saw the sheer terror in his eyes that he absolutely believed me. Shocked

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 3:26pm

I am certain that there is other sentient life out there, however unless they or we ever develop faster than light travel we are simply too far apart to ever make contact.  This is why I am sceptical about all these alien encounters. 

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #10 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 3:38pm

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #11 - Mar 11th, 2021 at 1:36pm

Belgarion wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 3:26pm:

I am certain that there is other sentient life out there, however unless they or we ever develop faster than light travel we are simply too far apart to ever make contact.  This is why I am sceptical about all these alien encounters. 

The amount of energy required to move an object to near the speed of light precludes most civilisations from achieving those sorts of speeds.  The point is, it is nigh on impossible to go faster than the speed of light, according to present physics.  Elon Musk needs to work on a FTL drive, not just rockets if he wants humanity to survive a meteor/comet strike as he has stated. Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #12 - Mar 11th, 2021 at 1:56pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 11th, 2021 at 1:36pm:

The amount of energy required to move an object to near the speed of light precludes most civilisations from achieving those sorts of speeds.  The point is, it is nigh on impossible to go faster than the speed of light, according to present physics.  Elon Musk needs to work on a FTL drive, not just rockets if he wants humanity to survive a meteor/comet strike as he has stated. Roll Eyes

You tell em bwiaaaan........

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #13 - Mar 11th, 2021 at 5:01pm

Fuzzball wrote on Mar 11th, 2021 at 1:56pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 11th, 2021 at 1:36pm:

You tell em bwiaaaan........

Watch out Brian you've been shot by the nerf sniper.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #14 - Mar 11th, 2021 at 8:05pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 11th, 2021 at 5:01pm:
Watch out Brian you've been shot by the nerf sniper.

Not to worry, I have a fireman to attend to such attacks.  Bobby!  Bobby!  I need you to put out a small fire!   Smiley

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print