Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
The GBR marine park site selection conspiracy (Read 12040 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: The GBR marine park site selection conspiracy
Reply #45 - May 22nd, 2010 at 10:40am

RecFisher wrote on Feb 27th, 2008 at 11:05pm:
freediver wrote on Feb 27th, 2008 at 10:05pm:
Do you have any evidence that the authorities somehow 'targetted' the favourite spots of local fishermen?

Well, I could overlay the map I drew at the consultation meeting (where we collated everyones favourite spots) with the current zoning plan, if I could find the bloody thing.  I have a feeling it got thrown out when we moved house over Xmas.  You'll just have to trust me when I say it couldn't possibly be a coincidence.

I've met Nigel Scullion, he's a nice guy.

Here you go PJ, at least Recfisher seems to understand what evidence to look for. It's a real shame the evidence 'disappeared'. This could have been a first - the anti marine park lobby backing up their claims.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

pjb05
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #46 - May 22nd, 2010 at 10:48am

freediver wrote on May 22nd, 2010 at 10:40am:
[Here you go PJ, at least Recfisher seems to understand what evidence to look for. It's a real shame the evidence 'disappeared'. This could have been a first - the anti marine park lobby backing up their claims.

You have his word for it FD, which is an example of the direct evidence your so keen on.

PS: Before you have be chasing up evidence do you still think stat decs from fishermen are worthless, because they are 'anti-marine park lobbyists' ?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #47 - May 22nd, 2010 at 11:08am

Quote:
You have his word for it FD

Of course. I do not doubt that he honestly believes what he is saying. It is his competence to make the judement rather than his honesty that I am calling into question.

Quote:
which is an example of the direct evidence your so keen on

Taking someone's word for it that they could try to piece together evidence that may end up suppoprting their claim, if they hadn't lost the relevent pieces, is not direct evidence PJ. It is the opposite of direct evidence.

Quote:
Before you have be chasing up evidence do you still think stat decs from fishermen are worthless, because they are 'anti-marine park lobbyists' ?

No. I expect they will be worthless in the sense that they won't demonstrate what you think they do. It is inevitable that some people will loose their favourite spots. This is to be expected, regardless of how the GBRMPA handled the situation. So, a couple of fishermen insisting this happened to them doesn't really mean anything, no matter how hard they insist. Recfisher was at least on the right path, though I suspect his evidence (if he could produce it) would have some significant sampling bias, depending on how it was collected. In any case, maybe he did put it together and decided not to post it because it didn't show what he wanted it to.

That being said, it would be great evidence of your tendency to believe what you want to believe and to project it onto the evidence, rather than responding to the evidence, so it would not be a complete waste of time for you to post it.

IP Logged

pjb05
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #48 - May 22nd, 2010 at 11:21am

Then do you dispute that most towns on the southern end of the GBR lost around 80-85% of their accessible reefs?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #49 - Jul 17th, 2010 at 3:37pm

yes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print