Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Kangaroo..good for the body and mind!!! (Read 55564 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Kangaroo..good for the body and mind!!!
Reply #30 - Oct 27th, 2019 at 9:57pm

Fragmachine wrote on Jul 23rd, 2009 at 6:30am:
As an "ex" Chef I would say that roo is a fantastic meat and it falls into the game category.
The toughness experienced by many is because the animal has to work to obtain it's food.
The backstrap of the roo is the exeption. It is a delicious meat though because of it's low fat content it must be cooked medium rare to rare or infused with fat. For example wrapped in bacon or a similar fatty meat.
The tougher cuts must be cooked for a much longer period to give the best result.
Roo meat in Australia comes from farms. Sorry greeny people, eating roo is the same as eating cow as far as the law is concerned.

I've been told by some Maori Mr Fraggle (Agne's better half?) - that venison in Hungi's steamed from the beneath the earth, come out very soft. Wonder if Roo can be done the same regardless of part or thickness. The 'steam' being the softener?

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #31 - Nov 2nd, 2019 at 2:26pm

Any meat gets soft if you cook it long enough.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #32 - Nov 3rd, 2019 at 11:13am

freediver wrote on Nov 2nd, 2019 at 2:26pm:
Any meat gets soft if you cook it long enough.

...and low in temp. Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #33 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 9:30pm

Got a kilo of roo and venison for just $25 each.
Cool  Cool

Beats paying a fortune for Woolworths/Coles meat that is filled with fat and non-recyclable packaging.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print