Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I saw Maddie alive, says Dutch teen (Read 1238 times)
oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

I saw Maddie alive, says Dutch teen
Feb 21st, 2008 at 9:19am

I saw Maddie alive, says Dutch teenBy staff writers
February 21, 2008 08:16am
Article from: Font size: + -
Send this article: Print Email

Madeleine McCann "sighted at French restaurant"
Teenager "looked into her eyes"
Girl reacted when teen called out "Madeleine"

A DUTCH teenager says she saw missing British girl Madeleine McCann alive in a roadside restaurant in France last week.

Melissa Firing, 18, told De Gelderlander newspaper she saw Maddie, 4, at L'Arche restaurant on a highway near the French city of Montpellier on February 15.

She said the child reacted when she called out her name but was quickly whisked away by a man.

In-depth: The search for Maddie

Maddie went missing on May 3 last year from her familiy's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal'.

Ms Firing, from Nijmegen in the Netherlands, told the paper she was sure the girl she saw was Madeleine because of the way she reacted when she called out her name, and because she was able to look her in the eyes.

An adult man accompanying the child took her and left the restaurant quickly afterward, Ms Firing said.

Police said they had taken Ms Firing's claim seriously but had now discounted it, the Associated Press reported.

After viewing closed-circuit video footage, police investigators spotted a man and a young girl who indeed resembled the British girl, but determined it was not Maddie after a thorough inspection, an unnamed official said.

------------------

How heartbreaking for the parents of this little girl. I wonder if she will ever turn up?

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

willy

willy say's HI

Re:  I saw Maddie alive, says Dutch teen
Reply #1 - Feb 25th, 2008 at 5:41pm

Quote:
Maddie went missing on May 3 last year from her familiy's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal'.

Ms Firing, from Nijmegen in the Netherlands, told the paper she was sure the girl she saw was Madeleine because of the way she reacted when she called out her name, and because she was able to look her in the eyes.

An adult man accompanying the child took her and left the restaurant quickly afterward, Ms Firing said.

Police said they had taken Ms Firing's claim seriously but had now discounted it, the Associated Press reported.

After viewing closed-circuit video footage, police investigators spotted a man and a young girl who indeed resembled the British girl, but determined it was not Maddie after a thorough inspection, an unnamed official said.

------------------

How heartbreaking for the parents of this little girl. I wonder if she will ever turn up?

Yeah, can't imagine what maddie's parents are going through Embarrassed I, like the rest of the world pray that she does, but so much time has gone by......

IF YOU DON'T STAND UP FOR SOMETHING, YOU WILL FALL FOR ANYTHING.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #2 - Feb 25th, 2008 at 8:44pm

There's something strange about this case.  How have 2 irresponsible parents (although both doctors) managed to make this case so high profile and attract millions of dollars to continue their search?

There was a little Arabic girl about a year ago, snatched out of her bedroom window - in Australia, and it made the media for a few days and that was it.  She still hasn't been found and has been mentioned once, only recently.  A pretty little english girl is a different story.

Maddie  may have been genuinely kidnapped, but it would have to have been premeditated, as it's highly unlikely a random burglar would have snatched the little girl on just a general break-in.  Someone was either watching the parents movements for a period of time, or they have killed her - accidentally or on purpose.  

IP Logged

willy

willy say's HI

Reply #3 - Feb 25th, 2008 at 8:57pm

mantra wrote on Feb 25th, 2008 at 8:44pm:
There's something strange about this case.  How have 2 irresponsible parents (although both doctors) managed to make this case so high profile and attract millions of dollars to continue their search?

There was a little Arabic girl about a year ago, snatched out of her bedroom window - in Australia, and it made the media for a few days and that was it.  She still hasn't been found and has been mentioned once, only recently.  A pretty little english girl is a different story.

Maddie  may have been genuinely kidnapped, but it would have to have been premeditated, as it's highly unlikely a random burglar would have snatched the little girl on just a general break-in.  Someone was either watching the parents movements for a period of time, or they have killed her - accidentally or on purpose.

Definatley food for thought Huh 

IF YOU DON'T STAND UP FOR SOMETHING, YOU WILL FALL FOR ANYTHING.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
McCann's parents win libel damages
Reply #4 - Mar 20th, 2008 at 12:48pm

http://news.smh.com.au/mccanns-parents-win-libel-damages/20080319-20dc.html

The parents of Madeleine McCann have won STG550,000 ($A1.2 million) in libel damages from newspapers that repeatedly alleged they killed their missing daughter and covered up her death.

Kate and Gerry McCann received an apology at the High Court in London from the publishers of the Daily Express and the Daily Star over more than 100 defamatory stories.

"It is difficult to conceive a more serious allegation than to be falsely accused of being responsible for the death of one's daughter," their lawyer Adam Tudor told the court.

The McCanns said the money would be donated to the fund set up to find their daughter. The family has not yet decided whether to take action against other newspapers.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print