Send Topic Print
Hicks (Read 852 times)
oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Hicks
Feb 18th, 2008 at 2:37am

I thought this one thing about David Hicks needed clarifying-

Why ?  Because I have seen this  one picture pasted at least 100 times in relation to and used as an arguement to bolster support on the supposed guilt on Hicks' involvement regarding  terrorist activities.

see below

"Hicks, though, is an ambiguous figure, a screen onto which we have all projected our fantasies about the "war on terror". Even the iconic image of him holding the rocket-launcher turns out to have been taken when he was preparing to fight in Kosovo against Slobodan Milosevic. Perpetually almost-at-war, Hicks is constantly acquiring training and weaponry but never quite managing to get into a fight."

mmm nowhere near Afaghansistan as you can see. My assertion that the media lied and miscontrued facts regarding Hicks is already coming to the fore.

The rest [[the book in his own words]]will be a fascinating reveal on many other lies have been pedalled by Howard and Bush regarding the treatment of prisoners in Guantanamo Bay and the pathetic butt licking by Howard who sold out the  values held dear to the hearts of his own pple/country. That is everyone is equal in the eyes of the law and is entiltled to due process under those laws. Innocent until proven guilty.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/book-reviews/detainee-002-the-case-of-david-hicks/...

« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2008 at 2:45am by oceanz »  

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print