Send Topic Print
How Do You Vote? (Read 15566 times)
IQSRLOW
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: How Do You Vote?
Reply #90 - Feb 21st, 2008 at 3:02pm

Quote:
I don't think anybody can realistically save it now.

Results aren't important with the Greens and Labor- symbolism at any cost is where it at.

It's all the rage.

Political Animal has little moderation. It is the forum for free speech and free thinkers to converse passionately without the threat of being banned. It is a forum for adults.

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Re: How Do You Vote?
Reply #91 - Feb 21st, 2008 at 4:02pm

IQSRLOW wrote on Feb 21st, 2008 at 3:02pm:
Quote:
I don't think anybody can realistically save it now.

Results aren't important with the Greens and Labor- symbolism at any cost is where it at.

It's all the rage.

I agree with this.  If results mattered Little Kevvy would have done something about targets at Kyoto.  He didn't commit to anything at all, just ratified the agreement with some targets for sometime way in the future when we'll all be dead.  At the time he said he'd wait for Ross Garnaut's report before acting - now it seems it might make him do something he has said he will use a variety of sources before acting.  It's bullstesticles.

If Kevvy wanted to do something about the situation in aboriginal communities he would have acted rather than blabbered sorry which is a meaningless acceptance of responsibility without any action behind it.  If I said I was sorry for running some dude down and then said I didn't intend to reimburse him in any way would I be responsible?  Or just a Little Kevvy?

The Greens are worse.  They're the phuqsticks roaring about in smoky cars with 'save the planet' on the bumper.  They're pumping out tonnes of carbon just going to the next rent-a-crowd event.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print