Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Rudd Apology Revealed (Read 38426 times)
mellie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: Rudd Apology Revealed
Reply #60 - Oct 9th, 2010 at 9:10pm

Soren wrote on Oct 9th, 2010 at 8:35pm:
Who's sorry now??

Speaking of sorry, have you read this...

http://www.crikey.com.au/2010/06/04/closing-the-gap-rudd-overpromised-on-indigen...

All together now Labor voters.......&&&&lap-tops, pink-bats refugees and Clunker-cars&&&&insurance.AES256

IP Logged

aikmann4
Gold Member

canberra
Reply #61 - Oct 9th, 2010 at 9:11pm

mellie i want to close the gap between my penis and some sexy mamas

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Oct 9th, 2010 at 9:12pm

deepthought wrote on Feb 12th, 2008 at 5:35pm:
Yep, it is an admission of liability - it will be followed by billions in compensation, a strong sense of victimhood, a whole lot of 'gimme gimme gimme' and a further division between cultures which John Howard has gone a long way towards repairing.

Hang on, why shouldn't there be compensation?

The 12 year old girl who was prostituted in Tasmania now has lawyers lining up to represent her. They're talking million dollar compensation figures.

Why shouldn't the same apply to anyone else?

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #63 - Oct 10th, 2010 at 5:40pm

FORMER prime minister Kevin Rudd would slip past his security detail and "play hookey" from the Lodge when the pressures of his confined life became too much, he has revealed.
"It's fantastic to just drive yourself," he said in his first interview since the election.

"The AFP used to freak out every time I took the car for a drive."

Today a conceited celebrity house cat is the only irksome domestic issue he faces as he revels in new found freedoms.

The former prime minister told the Sunday Herald Sun his removal from office in June has re-acquainted him with family, friends and the joys of the more banal aspects of life.

Free of bitterness about the events of June 24, he sees the loss of the prime ministership as a chance to get back in the driver's seat, literally.

The Australian Federal Police were "outstanding professionals", but their dedication to duty could be so oppressive he'd occasionally give them the slip.

"As prime minister, occasionally, I would just play hookey from the Lodge - just disappear," he said.

His motive wasn't necessarily to seek time alone as to give his protectors a break.

"It was just about not having to bother people.

"It's not in my nature to say, 'Marshall the Fourth Field Army so I can go to the IGA and get a litre of milk'."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/rudd-played-hookey-from-the-lodge-when...

ONYA, KEV !

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

layeazy

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Jan 16th, 2011 at 9:13am

I'm sorry that we even have this debate!

Why is it still an issue! Look at it this way 6 millions Jews got brutally executed by the Nazi's however we are not saying sorry or are the Jews expecting anything they have just got on with it.

i know plenty of Aboriginals that are quite happy to play the victim to be this poor victim of modern society and live off benefits and enjoy just relaxing and not contributing to society.

Cant we just move on having we made enough mistakes in the past to not just say OK now its finished lets move on lets make some changes in the indigenous circles and get proactive..

IP Logged

Life_goes_on
Gold Member

400kms south of Yobsville, Qld
Reply #65 - Jan 16th, 2011 at 9:30am

Quote:
Why is it still an issue! Look at it this way 6 millions Jews got brutally executed by the Nazi's however we are not saying sorry or are the Jews expecting anything they have just got on with it

Germany formally apologised for the Holocaust.
Israel and various Jewish organisations have sought and been receiving reparation payments from Germany since the early 1950s. The claims still continue today.

"You're just one lucky motherf-cker" - Someone, 5th February 2013

Num num num num.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Jan 16th, 2011 at 11:38am

layeazy wrote on Jan 16th, 2011 at 9:13am:

Why is it still an issue! Look at it this way 6 millions Jews got brutally executed by the Nazi's however we are not saying sorry or are the Jews expecting anything they have just got on with it.

i know plenty of Aboriginals that are quite happy to play the victim to be this poor victim of modern society and live off benefits and enjoy just relaxing and not contributing to society.

Cant we just move on having we made enough mistakes in the past to not just say OK now its finished lets move on lets make some changes in the indigenous circles and get proactive..

Uhmmm...I think some history is in order for you my friend.  Go read up on the reparations Germany paid.

A better example to use would've been the genocide orchestrated on Armenia by Turkey. That's still not recognised.  And guess what, many are still suffering because of that.

Not to mention that the debate over saying sorry to indigenous people has passed....if you haven't noticed...

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

Infarction
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Jan 16th, 2011 at 12:20pm

layeazy wrote on Jan 16th, 2011 at 9:13am:

Grin Grin

Don't you just love ignorance at it's finest.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print