Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Pharmacy sick certificates 'save money' (Read 5800 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Pharmacy sick certificates 'save money'
Feb 1st, 2008 at 7:37pm

This sounds like a good idea. These sick notes are required for bureaucratic reasons, not health reasons. They waste the valuable time of doctors and patients and cost money. If a person is genuinely concerned about their health they can always see a doctor as well as or instead of a pharmacist.

http://news.smh.com.au/pharmacy-sick-certificates-save-money/20080201-1pjw.html

An industry push for local chemists to write medical certificates should be halted or patients may die, doctors say.

The Pharmacy Guild of Australia said it expected member pharmacies to begin offering the service, and had sent out guidelines explaining in which circumstances it was legally allowed.

The guild rejected doctors' complaints the move could put patients at risk as "scare tactics".

The Australian Medical Association (AMA) said pharmacists did not have the skills, training or facilities to take a patient's history, conduct an examination and make a correct diagnosis.

Pharmacists have been allowed to write certificates since the new industrial relations regime began in March 2006, but held off until now because of concerns over legal liability and insurance.

Pharmacists have been allowed to write certificates since the new industrial relations regime began in March 2006, but held off until now because of concerns over legal liability and insurance.

Mr Sclavos predicted pharmacists would issue only a small number of certificates, peaking at three or four a day in winter, but it could help relieve pressure on GPs.

His comments follow a new report showing patients are asking already-pressured GPs to write twice as many medical certificates as a decade ago, apparently to meet employers' demands.

A major study of the way GPs use their time has found patients made 800,000 more requests for "administration procedures" - most often medical certificates - in 2006-07 compared to 1998-99.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

shallowthought

Deepthoughts exwife

Re: Pharmacy sick certificates 'save money'
Reply #1 - Feb 2nd, 2008 at 4:03pm

Yes ,

Doctors do waste a lot of time with this but I dont think  a pharmacist should be qualified to make a diagnosis based on his limited training.

give me a court order Ill give you  2 kids and all the washing.

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #2 - Feb 2nd, 2008 at 6:15pm

shallowthought wrote on Feb 2nd, 2008 at 4:03pm:
Yes ,

Doctors do waste a lot of time with this but I dont think  a pharmacist should be qualified to make a diagnosis based on his limited training.

Why hello shallowthought, I think of you as 'shallowgrave' for some reason.

IP Logged

shallowthought

Deepthoughts exwife

Reply #3 - Feb 2nd, 2008 at 7:09pm

deepthought wrote on Feb 2nd, 2008 at 6:15pm:
shallowthought wrote on Feb 2nd, 2008 at 4:03pm:
Yes ,

Doctors do waste a lot of time with this but I dont think  a pharmacist should be qualified to make a diagnosis based on his limited training.

Why hello shallowthought, I think of you as 'shallowgrave' for some reason.

You know you still want me !! Wink... and what about the kids darls?

IP Logged

shallowthought

Deepthoughts exwife

Reply #4 - Feb 2nd, 2008 at 7:14pm

920 posts hey?

I've been slaving raising YOUR  kids and your in here posting up a storm- you've blown it now buddy!

IP Logged

IQSRLOW
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Feb 2nd, 2008 at 7:26pm

shallowthought wrote on Feb 2nd, 2008 at 7:14pm:
920 posts hey?

I've been slaving raising YOUR  kids and your in here posting up a storm- you've blown it now buddy!

You know you've been slutting it up around town anyway living off ALP handouts. The kids are in school but you can't be bothered getting a job- so you continue to live off the single mothers pension while hooking up with any union lackey that would take you in because they could sponge off your benefits.

DT was right to dump your sorry ass

Political Animal has little moderation. It is the forum for free speech and free thinkers to converse passionately without the threat of being banned. It is a forum for adults.

IP Logged

shallowthought

Deepthoughts exwife

Reply #6 - Feb 2nd, 2008 at 7:31pm

So DT- youve been w00tin this one?

I wondered what you meant when you said you couldnt get it up- you actually meant it had droppped off?

I guess we wont be going for any more then 2 then.

IP Logged

IQSRLOW
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Feb 2nd, 2008 at 7:44pm

Na...I'm just a bloke who can smell your CFMEU tainted cooter a mile away after you let the site lackeys go through you in the portaloo.

At least those union mandated earmuffs managed to muffle your screeches- they were good for something other than an exorbitant cost to the builder

Political Animal has little moderation. It is the forum for free speech and free thinkers to converse passionately without the threat of being banned. It is a forum for adults.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - Feb 2nd, 2008 at 9:39pm

This is not on. Take the trash talk elsewhere please. Discuss the topic, not each other.

I hope none of you are revealing personal information about OzPolitic members.

IP Logged

IQSRLOW
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Feb 2nd, 2008 at 9:45pm

Perhaps you should remove a user like shallowthought who has only made up a user name to stir the pot by referring to themselves as DT's ex-wife (although I have no idea if DT was married or not)?

He or she has obviously been bested by DT in other debates and has resorted to a retarded user name because he/she is unable to respond with anything resembling a thought process

It would seem like the right thing to do

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #10 - Feb 2nd, 2008 at 9:45pm

It might be nice, if once in your life FD you actually reign in the troll that attacks all your posters in here.

Your not blind,  you can see what it does..Put the blame where it lies and stop being a gutless wonder.

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

IQSRLOW
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Feb 2nd, 2008 at 9:49pm

Whos' the troll? That would be shallowthought in this thread.

Oops now there's two including you Oceans- you useless piece of guttertrash.

Oceans/ Auz_gurl- the most hated troll on any forum

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Feb 2nd, 2008 at 9:57pm

Meanwhile, back to the Topic.

Nooo, Chemists ought not have this capacity. 

1.  The Indian Bride waits long enough to get a prescription filled without waiting longer while some cocknuckle attempts to get time off to watch the cricket.

2.  Chemists are not qualified to diagnose.  Sure, they can agree with the patient that s/he has the runs, and then write the excuse.  I can do that, as anyone can.

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #13 - Feb 2nd, 2008 at 10:18pm

freediver wrote on Feb 2nd, 2008 at 9:39pm:
This is not on. Take the trash talk elsewhere please. Discuss the topic, not each other.

I have no idea who the latest member is.  I expect it will be one of my stalkers - they follow me about loyally and with considerable devotion.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - Feb 2nd, 2008 at 10:25pm

deepthought wrote on Feb 2nd, 2008 at 10:18pm:

I have no idea who the latest member is.  I expect it will be one of my stalkers - they follow me about loyally and with considerable devotion.

......or your ex-wife, but who gives a bugger.  I certainly don't.

Back to the topic.

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #15 - Feb 2nd, 2008 at 10:27pm

Aussie wrote on Feb 2nd, 2008 at 10:25pm:
deepthought wrote on Feb 2nd, 2008 at 10:18pm:

I have no idea who the latest member is.  I expect it will be one of my stalkers - they follow me about loyally and with considerable devotion.

......or your ex-wife, but who gives a bugger.  I certainly don't.

Back to the topic.

You neglected to actually mention the topic mate?  Someone interrupt you?  What did you mean to say?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #16 - Feb 2nd, 2008 at 10:32pm

Read ^^^^^^^

IP Logged

IQSRLOW
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #17 - Feb 2nd, 2008 at 10:32pm

I have obviously been bested by DT in other debates and have resorted to a retarded user name because I am unable to respond with anything resembling a thought process

Anywhoo- Pharmacists should be able write a sick note. It would save medicare and taxpayers huge dollars. It's a furphy what I heard from the AMA describing someone with a headache may have undiagnosed meningitis if they did not attend a doctors surgery.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #18 - Feb 2nd, 2008 at 10:38pm

IQSRLOW wrote on Feb 2nd, 2008 at 10:32pm:
I have obviously been bested by DT in other debates and have resorted to a retarded user name because I am unable to respond with anything resembling a thought process

Anywhoo- Pharmacists should be able write a sick note. It would save medicare and taxpayers huge dollars. It's a furphy what I heard from the AMA describing someone with a headache may have undiagnosed meningitis if they did not attend a doctors surgery.

Freediver.....what say ye, when a a Member sets out to deliberately mis-quote another (me), and at the same time suggests that 'Aussie' is responsible for the 'shallowthought' posts?

IP Logged

IQSRLOW
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #19 - Feb 2nd, 2008 at 10:40pm

Freediver.....what say ye, when a a Member sets out to deliberately mis-quote another (me), and at the same time suggests that 'Aussie' is responsible for the 'shallowthought' posts?

Boo Hoo?

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #20 - Feb 3rd, 2008 at 8:08am

I agree with ST and Aussie-- pharmacists dont have the correct qualifications to dispense medcal advice to pple off the street.

A mere sniffle can herald something more sisnister so its just a stupid and irrisponsible move.

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #21 - Feb 3rd, 2008 at 8:11am

-
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2008 at 9:31pm by oceanz »  

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #22 - Feb 3rd, 2008 at 10:03am

-
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2008 at 9:31pm by oceanz »  

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #23 - Feb 3rd, 2008 at 10:04am

-

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #24 - Feb 3rd, 2008 at 10:42am

I would just ignore it. No-one is fooled by the misquote (I hope). If it really bothers you, you can point it out. As for shallowthought, that sort of conjecture is inevitable. Deny it if you can be bothered. I'd prefer you just rose above the silly games.

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #25 - Feb 3rd, 2008 at 12:42pm

IQSRLOW wrote on Feb 2nd, 2008 at 9:45pm:
He or she has obviously been bested by DT in other debates and has resorted to a retarded user name because he/she is unable to respond with anything resembling a thought process

It would seem like the right thing to do

Posting the correct quote for Aussie-

IP Logged

IQSRLOW
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #26 - Feb 3rd, 2008 at 5:43pm

Posting the correct quote for Aussie-

What would anyone do without you Oceans? Thank god you're here to straighten things out- no one would have ever guessed otherwise unless you had put your less than 0.02c worth in  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #27 - Feb 3rd, 2008 at 7:06pm

Thank you Oceans.

IP Logged

IQSRLOW
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #28 - Feb 3rd, 2008 at 7:09pm

I see you haven't got rid of 'shallowthought'  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #29 - Feb 3rd, 2008 at 7:15pm

Would you like me to raise the standards a bit when it comes to banning people IQ?

IP Logged

IQSRLOW
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #30 - Feb 3rd, 2008 at 7:20pm

Yes...I think user names targeting other users should be a no-no.

But if that's the case maybe I should come back as Auz_slag or braindead_gurl...seeing that it's alright in your eyes?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #31 - Feb 3rd, 2008 at 7:29pm

If DT has a problem with it, he is welcome to bring the issue up with me.

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #32 - Feb 3rd, 2008 at 9:20pm

freediver wrote on Feb 3rd, 2008 at 7:06pm:
Thank you Oceans.

Your very welcome freediver Wink

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #33 - Feb 3rd, 2008 at 10:20pm

freediver wrote on Feb 3rd, 2008 at 7:29pm:
If DT has a problem with it, he is welcome to bring the issue up with me.

People devotedly following me around the net is a hazard I have learned to live with.  As movie stars must accommodate the paparazzi I too must accommodate my loyal fans who pop their heads in wherever I may be.

Shallowthought's inablity to create their own identity is tragic but understandable, given my appeal.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #34 - Feb 3rd, 2008 at 10:32pm

Thanks for being so understanding DT. If it does bother you, just drop me a PM. Hopefully shallowthought will simply disappear, given your maturity in handling trolls.

IP Logged

shallowthought

Deepthoughts exwife

Reply #35 - Feb 4th, 2008 at 9:05am

deepthought wrote on Feb 3rd, 2008 at 10:20pm:
[quote author=freediver link=1201858651/30#31 date=1202030951]

Shallowthought's inablity to create their own identity is tragic but understandable, given my appeal.

You married me coz you liked my name ? hellllooo?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print