Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Robbery suspects face cruelty charges (Read 667 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Robbery suspects face cruelty charges
Jan 29th, 2008 at 1:03pm

This is a bit rich. I've had one of these dogs bark and lunge at me in a train station late one night. If they actually set one one me, I would not be concerned for it's welfare. It was obviously in self defence. You can't set a dog on a person and let it bite and injure them then complain when they fight back. My guess is the cruelty charges will be thrown out.

Robbery suspects face cruelty charges

http://news.smh.com.au/robbery-suspects-face-cruelty-charges/20080129-1oof.html

Two police officers, a police dog and a suspected armed robber are nursing injuries after an armed raid that sparked a massive manhunt in Sydney overnight.

The NSW Police Force helicopter, dog squad, and general duties officers joined the hunt for four armed robbers who raided the Gladesville Sporties Club, 10km north-west of Sydney's CBD, about 10.30pm (AEDT) on Monday, police say.

Two of the men arrested, a 20-year-old from Port Macquarie, on the mid north coast, and a 25-year-old from Cammeray in Sydney's north, have been charged with animal cruelty as well as a number of robbery and firearms offences.

It's alleged a police dog was punched during the arrests.

They were due to appear in Newtown Local Court later on Tuesday.

The third man arrested, a 31-year-old from Urunga, is expected to be charged after receiving hospital treatment for a police dog bite suffered during his arrest.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print