Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Labor's internet censorship plan (Read 18347 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Labor's internet censorship plan
Dec 18th, 2007 at 9:58am

Labor has a plan to compell all internet service providers to offer 'family firendly' filters. Is this necessary and when do they plan to impliment it? There is already a voluntary program that allows ISP's to be certified as family friendly if they offer such a service. Compelling all ISP's to do so would slow down our connections and add little in the way of protection - parents can already choose a suitable ISP. They also plan to add terrorist websites to the list, though it is unclear why a would-be terrorist would opt in to the filtering scheme.

http://www.crikey.com.au/Politics/20070921-The-slippery-slope-towards-internet-censorship-continues.html

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Re: Labor's internet censorship plan
Reply #1 - Dec 18th, 2007 at 6:28pm

freediver wrote on Dec 18th, 2007 at 9:58am:
Labor has a plan to compell all internet service providers to offer 'family firendly' filters. Is this necessary and when do they plan to impliment it? There is already a voluntary program that allows ISP's to be certified as family friendly if they offer such a service. Compelling all ISP's to do so would slow down our connections and add little in the way of protection - parents can already choose a suitable ISP. They also plan to add terrorist websites to the list, though it is unclear why a would-be terrorist would opt in to the filtering scheme.

http://www.crikey.com.au/Politics/20070921-The-slippery-slope-towards-internet-censorship-continues.html

The dictatorship returns.  Hawke and Cheating demanded business and individuals complied with restrictive legislation which winds up punishing ordinary Australians while making the rich richer.  This would do the same.  Their policies are always tilted towards the wealthy while treating the average Aussie with disdain.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Euthanasia campaigner scents censorship
Reply #2 - Dec 19th, 2007 at 2:01pm

Euthanasia campaigner scents censorship

http://news.smh.com.au/euthanasia-campaigner-scents-censorship/20071218-1hv5.html

Voluntary euthanasia campaigner Philip Nitschke says he is prepared for more government censorship during a workshop in Canberra on Wednesday.

Dr Nitschke has been contacted by the ACT Department of Fair Trading about his plans for the Exit International workshop.

Dr Nitschke says he has been warned against playing an unclassified video entitled The Single Shot.

The attorney-general's department wrote to Exit International in October stating the screening of an unclassified film in a public place would breach the Classification Act.

The letter also warned Dr Nitschke of the penalties associated with the sale of a banned book - a $26,000 fine and a two-year jail term.

"The former federal government (often with the support of the Labor Party) have done all they can to remove elderly and terminally ill Australians' right to know about their end-of-life choices," Dr Nitschke said.

"This penchant for the selective censorship of the content of our private workshops not only tramples on our elderly members' right to free speech but is forcing our activities underground into people's garages and lounge rooms."

Tougher Internet harassment laws needed, mom of 13-year-old who killed self tells task force

http://news.smh.com.au/tougher-internet-harassment-laws-needed-mom-of-13yearold-who-killed-self-tells-task-force/20071219-1hyi.html

The mother of a teenage girl who committed suicide after being taunted online urged a Missouri task force on Internet harassment Tuesday to recommend criminalizing such behavior.

Gov. Matt Blunt formed the task force in response to the death of Tina Meier's 13-year-old daughter, Megan, who killed herself last year after being teased on her MySpace page by a fictional teenage boy named "Josh." A neighborhood mother and two girls played a role in creating the hoax because they wanted to keep tabs on Megan's gossip.

"I can start MySpace (accounts) on every single one of you, and spread rumors about every single one of you, and what's going to happen to me? Nothing," Tina Meier told the task force at its first meeting here. "People need to realize that this is 100 percent not OK, that you're going to go to jail."

A local prosecutor decided Lori Drew, her daughter and a teenage employee did not violate state laws against stalking, harassment or child endangerment. Drew's attorney Jim Briscoe has said the children designed the account and sent the messages to Megan. Drew was not aware of the hurtful messages sent prior to Megan's suicide, he said. A few other Internet users joined in with cruel taunts before her death.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #3 - Dec 21st, 2007 at 7:42am

And it is not just the internet where the tyranny returns.  Dorke and Cheating ran the country like dictators born to rule (Keating even boasted he was born to rule) and now Kevvy fronts up to the throne with his new plans to control the minds of the election fodder with propaganda designed by His Rudness.

Some (those without amnesia) will recall I said that Kevvy will reframe the government's control until he dictates everything that happens while the mushrooms just lay back in ignorant bliss and have their lives irrevocably ruined for them.  He did it before in Queensland and wrecked that state's economy.

It has started my guileless fiends . . . .

Quote:
Rudd takes control to new highs

SOME of Australia's major institutions will have their media releases vetted by the Rudd Government to make sure they reflect Labor's "key messages".

A directive was issued this week by the Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research to about a dozen statutory agencies.

Recipients include the CSIRO, the Australian Institute of Marine Science, the Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation, the Australian Research Council, the Co-operative Research Centres and Invest Australia. Even the Questacon science museum in Canberra was sent the directive.

It says the Prime Minister's office has instructed that "all strategic media releases which relate to the Government's key messages" must be forwarded to the department which will then submit them to the office of the minister, Kim Carr.

If necessary, Senator Carr would send the release to the Prime Minister's office. The department would contact the agency "regarding required changes".

The directive says releases "of a more pedestrian nature" need not be vetted but anything to do with climate change, industrial relations policy, education and science reform, tax policy, national security and health must be submitted. It has caused concerns within the statutory authorities which were never subject to such conditions under the Howard government.

If you want to be told how to think then vote for Liebor you plebs

And you were of the belief that the 'thought police' were a creation of fictional whimsy.

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #4 - Dec 22nd, 2007 at 7:21pm

The Liebor Party are full on into porkies since bulltesticling the Australian people.  Take a look at this load of cobblers.

Quote:
The Prime Minister's Department will have the power to clear and approve media releases issued by the CSIRO.

ABC Radio today reported that the Secretary of the Department of Innovation, Industry Science and Research, Mark Paterson, had issued a directive to the CSIRO that all future media releases be cleared through the office of the Prime Minister.

The move is thought to be in response to other cases of conflicting messages sent by both the Government and the CSIRO in times past, and the want of Prime Minister Kevin Rudd to ensure the research body is 'on message' for the new Government's environmental and research priorities.

Mr Paterson said that the CSIRO and other agencies had requested guidelines for media dealings under the new Government, with the response a more 'managed' media unit.

"It was something that we were asked for from those agencies so that they were certain as to how to deal with media releases," Mr Paterson told the ABC.

Mr Paterson said that the clearing of media releases via the PM's office was "not unusual", and that the new guidelines would ensure the CSIRO was in-step with the new Labor Government.

"The Government wanted to ensure a degree of consistency in message on key messages and therefore wanted to clear key messages through the Prime Minister's office," he said.

Mr Paterson rejected the argument that statutory bodies such as the CSIRO were, or should be, independent of the Government, adding that he did not support the idea they all worked outside of the Government's priorities.

"This is not about control of message, its about consistency. We were being asked be these agencies for guidance, and we've provided that guidance... its written in reasonably relaxed language." Mr Paterson said.

The Government said that it would not "vet" the ideas or language contained within the media or press briefings, but that it wanted to continue its "consistency" in public communication.

The Prime Minister was during his time as Opposition Leader criticized for an alleged 'over-management' of the media and a need to control political communication.

Who's a hypocrite Kevvy?

Let's take a look at those lies.

"Mr Paterson said that the CSIRO and other agencies had requested guidelines"  -  Not according to the earlier reports which stated that it had "caused concerns within the statutory authorities which were never subject to such conditions under the Howard government".

"Mr Paterson said that the clearing of media releases via the PM's office was 'not unusual' "  -  Once again it has already been reported that the clearing of media releases "were never subject to such conditions under the Howard government".

"Mr Paterson rejected the argument that statutory bodies such as the CSIRO were, or should be, independent of the Government" - Perhaps Mr Paterson should familiarise himself with the meaning of 'statutory authority'.  While they still report to government each acts according to its own specific legislation.

"The Government said that it would not "vet" the ideas or language contained within the media or press briefings, but that it wanted to continue its "consistency" in public communication"  -  This is an outright contradiction within the same report by this bulltesticularating artist.  If they had no intention of 'vetting' the media release, they would have no need to address any inconsistencies.

The Liebor Party rules once more.  Just who do these dictators think they are?  Kevvy ramps up total control and locks down the government to a level not seen before in an allegedly democratic country.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Dec 22nd, 2007 at 11:07pm

d/t - rudd has had an undercurrent to me as being a micromanager.
One who controls everything very closely.

After a while, the pressure will tell.
But by then, the federals will have LOTS of power, and libs will be back Smiley

Look at the big picture

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #6 - Dec 23rd, 2007 at 7:12am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Dec 22nd, 2007 at 11:07pm:
d/t - rudd has had an undercurrent to me as being a micromanager.
One who controls everything very closely.

After a while, the pressure will tell.
But by then, the federals will have LOTS of power, and libs will be back Smiley

Look at the big picture

Sprint, as a manipulator and controller, which is what Little Kevvy is, things can go horribly wrong, horribly quickly.  Witness his lies about the ANZAC service in Vietnam, his lies about his reasons for meeting with Brian Burke, his lies about the actual cause of his father's death in hospital and his lies about being instantly evicted from their home after his father's death.

He attempts to control truth by hiding it and feeding lies to the mushrooms.  Who for some odd reason believed the bulltesticulating in November.

IP Logged

boxingkangaroo

Reply #7 - Dec 23rd, 2007 at 8:49am

Quote:
Sprint, as a manipulator and controller, which is what Little Kevvy is, things can go horribly wrong, horribly quickly.  Witness his lies about the ANZAC service in Vietnam, his lies about his reasons for meeting with Brian Burke, his lies about the actual cause of his father's death in hospital and his lies about being instantly evicted from their home after his father's death.

He attempts to control truth by hiding it and feeding lies to the mushrooms.  Who for some odd reason believed the bulltesticulating in November.

Since when have ANY politicians NOT lied during a campaign.? Your kidding me right. You put yourself around here like some kind of sage and yet you are just plain stupid!!

You are  niave  I can tell you. You got him for 3 yrs ,s uck it up.!!!
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2007 at 9:39am by boxingkangaroo »  

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #8 - Dec 23rd, 2007 at 10:43am

boxingkangaroo wrote on Dec 23rd, 2007 at 8:49am:
Quote:
Sprint, as a manipulator and controller, which is what Little Kevvy is, things can go horribly wrong, horribly quickly.  Witness his lies about the ANZAC service in Vietnam, his lies about his reasons for meeting with Brian Burke, his lies about the actual cause of his father's death in hospital and his lies about being instantly evicted from their home after his father's death.

He attempts to control truth by hiding it and feeding lies to the mushrooms.  Who for some odd reason believed the bulltesticulating in November.

Since when have ANY politicians NOT lied during a campaign.? Your kidding me right. You put yourself around here like some kind of sage and yet you are just plain stupid!!

You are  niave  I can tell you. You got him for 3 yrs ,s uck it up.!!!

I put myself around here like Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme mate.  Are you going to Scarborough Fair?

And I agree with you that Little Kevvy lies his bonce off.  But I find it unusual is all.  Most pollies make an effort to be honest whereas Kevvy doesn't appear to even try to pretend he's honest.  He even lies about lying.

Quote:
Liz Hayes: 'So you would never lie?’

Little Kevvy Liar: 'I would never knowingly lie’

Liz Hayes: 'You throw in ‘knowingly’ because you can accidentally lie?'

Little Kevvy Liar: ’I’m just saying that’s the way in which I see it’.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Dec 23rd, 2007 at 9:33pm

This is DT at his very best, which makes his worst worth beheading.............

Quote:
Sprint, as a manipulator and controller, which is what Little Kevvy is, things can go horribly wrong, horribly quickly.  Witness his lies about the ANZAC service in Vietnam,

What lies were told by Rudd?  Specify with valid source, and without speculation.

Quote:
..his lies about his reasons for meeting with Brian Burke,

What lies were told by Rudd? Specify with vaild source, and without speculation.

Quote:
..his lies about the actual cause of his father's death in hospital

What lies were told by Rudd? Specify with vaild source, and without speculation.

Quote:
..and his lies about being instantly evicted from their home after his father's death.

When answering, DT, I want you to attend to your allegation that Rudd LIED, ie. deliberately told an untruth.  And I want you to provide the evidence which establishes these lies.

When you do so, bear in mind that I live on the Sunshine Coast, and have read the local News quoting from his own family and others about his father's death, and his family's forced removal from their share-farm.

And in any event...............you and your Lieberal mates tried all this garbage on during the campaign, and the electorate rejected it.

Your are pissing into the wind for at least six years, and if you keep that tired old rubbish up, I will not be reading you.  I am reminded of Don Quixote, and you might be Pancho.

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #10 - Dec 23rd, 2007 at 9:48pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 23rd, 2007 at 9:33pm:
This is DT at his very best, which makes his worst worth beheading.............

Quote:
Sprint, as a manipulator and controller, which is what Little Kevvy is, things can go horribly wrong, horribly quickly.  Witness his lies about the ANZAC service in Vietnam,

What lies were told by Rudd?  Specify with valid source, and without speculation.

Quote:
..his lies about his reasons for meeting with Brian Burke,

Quote:
..his lies about the actual cause of his father's death in hospital

Quote:
..and his lies about being instantly evicted from their home after his father's death.

When answering, DT, I want you to attend to your allegation that Rudd LIED, ie. deliberately told an untruth.  And I want you to provide the evidence which establishes these lies.

When you do so, bear in mind that I live on the Sunshine Coast, and have read the local News quoting from his own family and others about his father's death, and his family's forced removal from their share-farm.

And in any event...............you and your Lieberal mates tried all this garbage on during the campaign, and the electorate rejected it.

Your are pissing into the wind for at least six years, and if you keep that tired old rubbish up, I will not be reading you.  I am reminded of Don Quixote, and you might be Pancho.

You know as well as I do that Little Kevvy owned up to his lies about Vietnam, that he pretended he was bumping into Burke by accident yet was actually the guest of honour at one of Burke's 'soirees', that he reckons the doctors were negligible in the hospital where his old man died when the truth is his old man died of the injuries he received when he totalled his car while driving home drunk and he ruthlessly lied when he said his family was booted out of their share farmer home when the truth was they were given as much time as they needed but left straight away of their own accord.

He lies mate, and you know it.  For some reason you like to pretend he is honest.  You're fooling no one though.  Not even you.  Little Kevvy Liar is the worst liar we have seen in opposition or government since the last Liebor PM - Paul Cheating.
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2007 at 9:58pm by deepthought »  
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Dec 23rd, 2007 at 10:15pm

Quote:
You know as well as I do that Little Kevvy owned up to his lies about Vietnam, that he pretended he was bumping into Burke by accident yet was actually the guest of honour at one of Burke's 'soirees', that he reckons the doctors were negligible in the hospital where his old man died when the truth is his old man died of the injuries he received when he totalled his car while driving home drunk and he ruthlessly lied when he said his family was booted out of their share farmer home when the truth was they were given as much time as they needed but left straight away of their own accord.

He lies mate, and you know it.  For some reason you like to pretend he is honest.  You're fooling

Ferk me.  How's your insurance freediver? 

DT, he never owned up to any lies about Vietnam.  You probably meant Anzac.  And even there, the very best you have is Rudd confessing that some of his staffers stuffed up without his knowledge.  Feel free to PROVE me wrong.

DT, you say he 'pretended bumping into Burke.'  Where is your evidence of 'pretence?'  Feel free to PROVE me wrong.

This one, DT is right out of left field.  Even being a local, I have never heard of it...........

Quote:
he reckons the doctors were negligible in the hospital where his old man died when the truth is his old man died of the injuries he received when he totalled his car while driving home drunk

Nasty that, DT.  Produce the evidence.

And, to round it off......this DT is a beauty....

Quote:
and he ruthlessly lied when he said his family was booted out of their share farmer home when the truth was they were given as much time as they needed but left straight away of their own accord.

Mate, I'd just love to have you in the Witness Box quizzing you about "ruthless," "lying" etc.....when the local evidence will prove the K. Rudd version of the story totally correct.

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #12 - Dec 23rd, 2007 at 10:21pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 23rd, 2007 at 10:15pm:
Quote:

He lies mate, and you know it.  For some reason you like to pretend he is honest.  You're fooling

Ferk me.  How's your insurance freediver?  

DT, he never owned up to any lies about Vietnam.  You probably meant Anzac.  And even there, the very best you have is Rudd confessing that some of his staffers stuffed up without his knowledge.  Feel free to PROVE me wrong.

DT, you say he 'pretended bumping into Burke.'  Where is your evidence of 'pretence?'  Feel free to PROVE me wrong.

This one, DT is right out of left field.  Even being a local, I have never heard of it...........

Quote:
he reckons the doctors were negligible in the hospital where his old man died when the truth is his old man died of the injuries he received when he totalled his car while driving home drunk

Nasty that, DT.  Produce the evidence.

And, to round it off......this DT is a beauty....

Quote:
and he ruthlessly lied when he said his family was booted out of their share farmer home when the truth was they were given as much time as they needed but left straight away of their own accord.

Mate, I'd just love to have you in the Witness Box quizzing you about "ruthless," "lying" etc.....when the local evidence will prove the K. Rudd version of the story totally correct.

Good God man, where have you been?  In a coma?

Quote:
For instance, the official coronial record makes it clear that Bert Rudd was involved in a single car accident in late December, 1968, after spending an afternoon playing bowls and drinking beers and whiskies and a dinner at which he had more beers before he attempted to drive the 120km home.

About 3am his car swerved to the wrong side of the road and hit a power pole. He suffered massive internal injuries and despite a number of major operations over a seven-week period, died on February 12, 1969, in the Royal Brisbane Hospital.

Kevin Rudd's memory, however, is that "there were great concerns about the calibre of the surgeons who were operating on him toward the end of his period in hospital".

Indeed, he told Channel 9's Ellen Fanning he'd like to know exactly what their skills were and what happened to them professionally "because I've heard reports that some of them were subsequently removed from medical practice. I'd like to know the truth of that one day but I've not had the time to check it out."

It's a pity he did not check because the coroner's report contains no suggestion of medical malpractice.

Little Kevvy Liar has been telling porkies for yonks

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Dec 23rd, 2007 at 10:34pm

I rest my case, DT.......................you rely on a newspaper article with contains no referenced source about the death of Rudd Snr.

Well, shame Rudd Jnr cannot sue you about defaming his father, as the dead are fair game under our Laws, if I recall.

However, it is far more noteworthy that you have no issue with my other challenges.

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #14 - Dec 23rd, 2007 at 10:37pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 23rd, 2007 at 10:34pm:
I rest my case, DT.......................you rely on a newspaper article with contains no referenced source about the death of Rudd Snr.

Well, shame Rudd Jnr cannot sue you about defaming his father, as the dead are fair game under our Laws, if I recall.

However, it is far more noteworthy that you have no issue with my other challenges.

Perhaps you didn't read it.  It actually does reference the official coronial record obtained by Channel Nine.  May I suggest reading it for the first time while wearing specs?

I know you know he lies his head off.  Tell me Aussie - do you want me to keep proving it?  I'm happy to you know.  I enjoy watching you squirm.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print