Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Maxine McKew's thighs (Read 20305 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Maxine McKew's thighs
Dec 13th, 2007 at 4:45pm

The Canberra Times is copping a lot of flak for publishing this photo of Maxine McKew on the front page. It was taken at the official fundtion to declare the winner of Bennelong.

The editor claims it didn't even occur to him that people might have a problem with the picture. I find this hard to believe, as newspapers would have to make judgement calls on this sort of thing all the time.

Was it a publicity stunt from the beginning? Is it inappropriate? Are female politicians too objectified in this country?

Maxine_Mckew.jpg (35 KB | 322 )
Maxine_Mckew.jpg

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Maxine McKew's thighs
Reply #1 - Dec 13th, 2007 at 4:49pm

Also, check out what the British press did to the German Chancellor, Angela Merkel. This one really pissed the Germans off, but the Brit's didn't seem to care.

Angela_Merkel.jpg (5 KB | 177 )
Angela_Merkel.jpg

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #2 - Dec 13th, 2007 at 5:34pm

freediver wrote on Dec 13th, 2007 at 4:45pm:
The Canberra Times is copping a lot of flak for publishing this photo of Maxine McKew on the front page. It was taken at the official fundtion to declare the winner of Bennelong.

The editor claims it didn't even occur to him that people might have a problem with the picture. I find this hard to believe, as newspapers would have to make judgement calls on this sort of thing all the time.

Was it a publicity stunt from the beginning? Is it inappropriate? Are female politicians too objectified in this country?

I'm not sure which end is more horrific.

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #3 - Dec 13th, 2007 at 10:11pm

I've seen a few photos from that event. Howard looked very dejected in all of them. You can't blame him I guess. He was a good sport for turning up. Good luck to him on his retirement.

Nice legs. It's a pity the Canberra Times had to resort to upskirting to sell newspapers.

IP Logged

Labor_Man

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Dec 14th, 2007 at 1:08am

Geeeez, that photo of Maxine is definitely NOT pleasent!  Shocked

I didn't really care for her much anyway, but the  again, She doesn't represent my electorate, ergo, I don't know what she stands for, So I can't judge.

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #5 - Dec 14th, 2007 at 9:00am

It is a fantastic photo...now where is the one of her doing cartwheels in the nude? (oh yeh!!!!!!)

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #6 - Dec 15th, 2007 at 10:54pm

It seems there are a great many prudes out there for whom the sight of Maxine's frightening thighs has filled them with thoughts of the most impure kind.

Quote:
McKew's up-skirt newspaper photo raises eyebrows

Fairfax Media has been forced to defend an image published on the frontpage of yesterday's Canberra Times newspaper.

A photograph of Maxine McKew, the new Federal member for Bennelong, with former Prime Minister John Howard has raised eyebrows for the up-skirt view of Ms McKew during her conversation with Mr Howard.

The photograph shows the Bennelong member sitting next to Mr Howard during the confirmation of her winning of the seat, with Ms McKew laughing and talking, with the photograph taken at a low level.

The editor of the newspaper Mark Baker was yesterday forced to defend the image, saying that it was a high quality image and that nothing inappropriate was displayed in its publication.

The paper reportedly received 20-30 complaints following its publication yesterday morning, with readers concerned about the low level angle of the shot, accompanied by Ms McKew's mid-length dress. It was also reported that several readers had cancelled their subscriptions following the image's publication.

"It didn't occur to me that people would have a problem with the issue of the dress... It's been an extraordinary response from people.," Mr Baker told AAP.

Thunder thighs causes rumblings

I'm more concerned with whatever it is she seems to be screeching at poor Johnny in a workmanlike way.  What kind of person screams at another positioned only a metre away while performing what appears to be a seated 'knees up' dance?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Dec 16th, 2007 at 7:06pm

Yeah, but look at the effort hayseed has had to make to cover up the boner!!!

Cheesy

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #8 - Dec 16th, 2007 at 8:46pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 16th, 2007 at 7:06pm:

Cheesy

I never look at men's trousers Aussie.  It's not my style but good on you for noticing.

I did, however, notice his extreme boredom.  I reckon there would be nothing worse than listening to a Liebor pollie yelling inanities at you from a distance of a metre.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Dec 16th, 2007 at 9:20pm

deepthought wrote on Dec 16th, 2007 at 8:46pm:

Cheesy

I never look at men's trousers Aussie.  It's not my style but good on you for noticing.

Clearly, you ought in this case.  hayseed has a boner on which he wastes two hands to suppress, and he is telling Maxine about how he would like his evil way with her. 

She is telling him to bugger off, in no uncertain terms.

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #10 - Dec 16th, 2007 at 9:51pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 16th, 2007 at 9:20pm:
deepthought wrote on Dec 16th, 2007 at 8:46pm:

Cheesy

I never look at men's trousers Aussie.  It's not my style but good on you for noticing.

Clearly, you ought in this case.  hayseed has a boner on which he wastes two hands to suppress, and he is telling Maxine about how he would like his evil way with her.  

She is telling him to bugger off, in no uncertain terms.

You won't entice me to your ways mate.  I'm heavily into women.

And I feel certain she is asking to be phuqued - hence the bored look upon Johnny's grim visage.  I mean why would a man of intelligence pork a lefty?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Dec 16th, 2007 at 9:58pm

Too easy, peasy.

Let's look at what is on offer at home, and then decide which would enliven the hayseed drive......such as it is.

As for 'lefties'.............

Any 'port' in a storm, dt.

Cool

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #12 - Dec 16th, 2007 at 10:19pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 16th, 2007 at 9:58pm:
Too easy, peasy.

Let's look at what is on offer at home, and then decide which would enliven the hayseed drive......such as it is.

As for 'lefties'.............

Any 'port' in a storm, dt.

Cool

I only berth my vessel in friendly ports.  The fishwife manner of Ms McKew renders her somewhat unappealing to me (and obviously Johnny).

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Dec 16th, 2007 at 10:28pm

You are obviously not a sailor, or otherwise know port (originally 'larboard') from starboard, and so, you missed "Aussie'......'take the piss out of ye.'

Ho, hum.

Cool

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #14 - Dec 16th, 2007 at 10:32pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 16th, 2007 at 10:28pm:
You are obviously not a sailor, or otherwise know port (originally 'larboard') from starboard, and so, you missed "Aussie'......'take the piss out of ye.'

Ho, hum.

Cool

No, I've never been one for the gay life skipper.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print