Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Are the Libs stil pro-Nuclear? (Read 8685 times)
deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Re: Are the Libs stil pro-Nuclear?
Reply #15 - Dec 11th, 2007 at 8:57pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Dec 11th, 2007 at 8:38pm:
DT - that is johns strongest point.
He always said what he was all about.

Internationally he was termed the man of steel.

ruddy will be the marshmallow man

He said what he meant, meant what he said and he stuck with doing the right thing. 

Kevvy's all over the shop already.  Reneged on the ACL pledge to oppose gay marriage after he had got their vote, signed Kyoto but won't back any effort to set targets while barking at everyone else to commit, supports nuclear power generation - in everyone else's backyard but acts like Mr Sheen in his own, reckons he's about an education revolution while cutting thousands of uni places . . . . .

He's got some people fooled - but not those with intelligence.  He's a major fraud.

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #16 - Dec 12th, 2007 at 12:39pm

deepthought wrote on Dec 11th, 2007 at 6:22am:
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Dec 10th, 2007 at 11:24pm:
deepthought wrote on Dec 10th, 2007 at 11:07pm:
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Dec 10th, 2007 at 10:49pm:
IQSRLOW wrote on Dec 10th, 2007 at 4:19pm:
So you are pro GHG emissions then- thats a selfish position to take

What the...what were Howards targets you imbecile?

I have a feeling that John Howard had set exactly the same targets as Liebor for 2020.

I get the feeling you are wrong!

I can only hope you didn't vote on that issue!

Oh dear, what are Liebor's targets for 2020 then?  I do hope I'm not wrong.

They have Renewable Energy targets of 20%, specifically excluding Clean Coal!

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #17 - Dec 12th, 2007 at 12:40pm

deepthought wrote on Dec 11th, 2007 at 8:57pm:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Dec 11th, 2007 at 8:38pm:
DT - that is johns strongest point.
He always said what he was all about.

Internationally he was termed the man of steel.

ruddy will be the marshmallow man

He said what he meant, meant what he said and he stuck with doing the right thing.  

Kevvy's all over the shop already.  Reneged on the ACL pledge to oppose gay marriage after he had got their vote, signed Kyoto but won't back any effort to set targets while barking at everyone else to commit, supports nuclear power generation - in everyone else's backyard but acts like Mr Sheen in his own, reckons he's about an education revolution while cutting thousands of uni places . . . . .

He's got some people fooled - but not those with intelligence.  He's a major fraud.

I don't think you know what the word intelligence means!

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #18 - Dec 12th, 2007 at 12:44pm

IQSRLOW wrote on Dec 11th, 2007 at 9:04am:
Libs are no longer in power.

The question you should be asking is "will Labor backflip on their 3 mines policy" or "will Labor be a surrogate advocate for nuclear power"

They changed that policy: they recognise that other countries need it as they have problems with much larger populations than ours.

We have oodles of sun and bugger all population.

The world is laughing at us for not using Solar and it is part of the reason John Howard died at the first election after mentioning Nuclear Power to the Australian people.

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #19 - Dec 12th, 2007 at 12:47pm

deepthought wrote on Dec 11th, 2007 at 5:43pm:

The question you should be asking is "will Labor backflip on their 3 mines policy" or "will Labor be a surrogate advocate for nuclear power"

Liebor continue to support nuclear power - they just have the typical leftard NIMBY position on it.  They know it's good - as long as someone else does it.

They recognise other countries have populations much larger than ours.

If you are not willing to share a resource of Uranium as large as Australias then you should by all rights prepare for invasion.

Should we give it away for free, perhaps?

*Idiot!*

Cheesy

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #20 - Dec 12th, 2007 at 12:49pm

deepthought wrote on Dec 11th, 2007 at 5:44pm:
Quote:

I have a feeling that John Howard had set exactly the same targets as Liebor for 2020.

DT setting AND doing something about them are 2 different things-

Libs tended to telll pple  what they wanted to hear and then completely forgot what they told us.

Rudd acted immediateley on Climate Change -wether or not he agrees to new targets or carries thru what he promised the electorate remains to be seen,.

But at least HE IS doing something.

No he's not.  He has declined to set targets.  So what is he doing that is different to a real leader?  

I'll tell you.  He is bulltesticulating.  Johnny was honest about his intentions - Kevvy's are shrouded in fluff.

Heavy Kevvies Renewable Energy targets don't register in your brain, do they?

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #21 - Dec 12th, 2007 at 6:05pm

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Dec 12th, 2007 at 12:39pm:

As we were talking about Greenhouse Gas emissions it would be prudent to stick to the topic of greenhouse gases rather than divert it to sources of energy.  What are the targets for the reduction of greenhouse gases?  I have a feeling that Liebor's targets are the same as the coalitions.

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #22 - Dec 12th, 2007 at 6:06pm

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Dec 12th, 2007 at 12:47pm:

Liebor continue to support nuclear power - they just have the typical leftard NIMBY position on it.  They know it's good - as long as someone else does it.

If you are not willing to share a resource of Uranium as large as Australias then you should by all rights prepare for invasion.

*Idiot!*

Cheesy

So the only thing holding Kevvy back from nuclear power generation is the size of our population?  Why is that?

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #23 - Dec 12th, 2007 at 6:31pm

deepthought wrote on Dec 12th, 2007 at 6:05pm:
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Dec 12th, 2007 at 12:39pm:

As we were talking about Greenhouse Gas emissions it would be prudent to stick to the topic of greenhouse gases rather than divert it to sources of energy.  What are the targets for the reduction of greenhouse gases?  I have a feeling that Liebor's targets are the same as the coalitions.

How do we find the answer to that, then?

Perhaps a reference is in order!

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #24 - Dec 12th, 2007 at 6:34pm

deepthought wrote on Dec 12th, 2007 at 6:06pm:
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Dec 12th, 2007 at 12:47pm:

*Idiot!*

Cheesy

So the only thing holding Kevvy back from nuclear power generation is the size of our population?  Why is that?

We have the desert to set up Solar Power. The small population just means it is a less daunting task than, say, what America would have to set up to go Solar.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #25 - Dec 12th, 2007 at 6:39pm

Death, please don't start insulting people here, no matter how frustrated you get. The world is not laughing at us over solar because wind is far cheaper and more consistent. Also, ratification of Kyoto sets us a short term target of roughly 0% increase on current levels. The coalition's course of action would have resulted in an estimated increase in GHG emissions of 27% by 2020.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #26 - Dec 12th, 2007 at 6:43pm

freediver wrote on Dec 12th, 2007 at 6:39pm:
Death, please don't start insulting people here, no matter how frustrated you get. The world is not laughing at us over solar because wind is far cheaper and more consistent. Also, ratification of Kyoto sets us a short term target of roughly 0% increase on current levels. The coalition's course of action would have resulted in an estimated increase in GHG emissions of 27% by 2020.

Okay, fair warning.

...nice info!

Shocked

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #27 - Dec 13th, 2007 at 5:56am

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Dec 12th, 2007 at 6:34pm:
We have the desert to set up Solar Power. The small population just means it is a less daunting task than, say, what America would have to set up to go Solar.

But the small population also means that we don't have the resources to pay for it either.   In any costs benefit analysis it would be swept straight into the bin with a burst of laughter.

See the kind of thinking that brings you to these 'realities' is the kind of thinking that ensures that parties like the Greens remain  on the edge of politics as irrelevant curiosities harping at people like a bunch of old women.  Tolerated as an unfortunate side effect of representative democracy it is no wonder they have picked up the nickname of the Groans.

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #28 - Dec 13th, 2007 at 9:41am

deepthought wrote on Dec 13th, 2007 at 5:56am:

But the small population also means that we don't have the resources to pay for it either.   In any costs benefit analysis it would be swept straight into the bin with a burst of laughter.

See the kind of thinking that brings you to these 'realities' is the kind of thinking that ensures that parties like the Greens remain  on the edge of politics as irrelevant curiosities harping at people like a bunch of old women.  Tolerated as an unfortunate side effect of representative democracy it is no wonder they have picked up the nickname of the Groans.

Seeing that a major party borrowed one of their policies, which basically won them the election mind you, I wouldn't say the Greens are irrelevant.

You are such a Blueblood!

You are irrelevant until you learn that Australia is anti-Nuclear... and that's all she wrote!

Saying we don't have the resources is a joke as, in case you haven't noticed, we are the worlds quarry!

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #29 - Dec 13th, 2007 at 5:37pm

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Dec 13th, 2007 at 9:41am:
deepthought wrote on Dec 13th, 2007 at 5:56am:

Seeing that a major party borrowed one of their policies, which basically won them the election mind you, I wouldn't say the Greens are irrelevant.

You are such a Blueblood!

You are irrelevant until you learn that Australia is anti-Nuclear... and that's all she wrote!

Saying we don't have the resources is a joke as, in case you haven't noticed, we are the worlds quarry!

Errrr . . .. resources = cash.  What is the cost of electricity generated by these farms of solar panels?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print