Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Qld opposition wants Labour Day moved (Read 3414 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Qld opposition wants Labour Day moved
Dec 6th, 2007 at 5:07pm

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Qld-opposition-wants-Labour-Day-moved/2007/12/06/1196812886803.html

The Queensland opposition has backed a proposal to shift a public holiday to the second half of the year, but says the government has picked the wrong event to move.

The Courier-Mail newspaper has reported the state government is considering moving the Queen's Birthday public holiday from June to October, beginning in 2009.

The state now has six public holidays between March and June - Queen's Birthday, Anzac Day, Labour Day and three Easter public holidays - but none in the second half until Christmas Day.

Most states celebrate Queen's Birthday in June and hold their Labour Day holiday in October.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Re: Qld opposition wants Labour Day moved
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2007 at 5:51pm

freediver wrote on Dec 6th, 2007 at 5:07pm:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Qld-opposition-wants-Labour-Day-moved/2007/12/06/1196812886803.html

The Queensland opposition has backed a proposal to shift a public holiday to the second half of the year, but says the government has picked the wrong event to move.

The Courier-Mail newspaper has reported the state government is considering moving the Queen's Birthday public holiday from June to October, beginning in 2009.

The state now has six public holidays between March and June - Queen's Birthday, Anzac Day, Labour Day and three Easter public holidays - but none in the second half until Christmas Day.

Most states celebrate Queen's Birthday in June and hold their Labour Day holiday in October.

Who needs Labour Day?  It celebrates some ancient ritual that few even remember.  Abandon it.  It's just an excuse for a holiday.  Who needs another later in the year?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Dec 6th, 2007 at 8:28pm

This Thread'll do.

So, Mark McArdle will lead the Queensland Liberals and power hungry Tim Nielson will be his Deputy.  I know both of them, one much better than the other.

Mark was a partner of a Sunshine Coast firm of lawyers, called Boyce Garrick.  Mark practised in the area of family law.  A  very, very 'low flyer.'  Glen Garrick is a good bloke, now a very junior barrister here on the Coast, and a Member of the Liberal Party.  In 2004, he unsuccessfulyl tried to wrench Fed Liberal endorsement for Fischer against Peter Slipper.  I wish he had won.  If he had, In would have voted for him.  He lost, so I voted Labor then.

While Mark was a partner, and thus receiving the financial benefit, another of his partners, Terry Boyce was unprofessionally gaining financial advantage at the expense of his clients. For doing so, Boyce has lost his legal wings.  Garrick and McArdle have never been  publicly pursued concerning their knowledge.

McArdle will be history very soon.

Now....Nielson......

I met him at a Taxi Conference within the last six months.  He was/is Shadow Minister.

Very impressive, personable, expressive, articulate, young and very ambitious.

McArdle will receive Neilson's knife at a time of Tim's choosing.

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #3 - Dec 7th, 2007 at 6:07am

Aussie wrote on Dec 6th, 2007 at 8:28pm:
This Thread'll do.

So, Mark McArdle will lead the Queensland Liberals and power hungry Tim Nielson will be his Deputy.  I know both of them, one much better than the other.

Mark was a partner of a Sunshine Coast firm of lawyers, called Boyce Garrick.  Mark practised in the area of family law.  A  very, very 'low flyer.'  Glen Garrick is a good bloke, now a very junior barrister here on the Coast, and a Member of the Liberal Party.  In 2004, he unsuccessfulyl tried to wrench Fed Liberal endorsement for Fischer against Peter Slipper.  I wish he had won.  If he had, In would have voted for him.  He lost, so I voted Labor then.

While Mark was a partner, and thus receiving the financial benefit, another of his partners, Terry Boyce was unprofessionally gaining financial advantage at the expense of his clients. For doing so, Boyce has lost his legal wings.  Garrick and McArdle have never been  publicly pursued concerning their knowledge.

McArdle will be history very soon.

Now....Nielson......

I met him at a Taxi Conference within the last six months.  He was/is Shadow Minister.

Very impressive, personable, expressive, articulate, young and very ambitious.

McArdle will receive Neilson's knife at a time of Tim's choosing.

Psssstttt Aussie, the dude's name is Nichols.  Tim Nichols.

Yeah I met this bloke in his previous position - he was a BCC Councillor and his office was in Racecourse Road at Ascot.  I used to drop in from time to time to see what he was up to.  A very approachable fellow I agree.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print