Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Aussie emissions targets 'affordable' (Read 15554 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Aussie emissions targets 'affordable'
Reply #15 - Dec 3rd, 2007 at 10:24pm

freediver wrote on Dec 3rd, 2007 at 10:10pm:
I have no idea who half of those people are.

They, Elde Fruit, are the buggers who formulate our policy.

'Yes Minister.'

Bamsey is a Grade A, died in the wool, ingrained Public Service excellence.........background in Foreign Affairs (once our Rep to the UN) and then on to whales and now, this job.

Smart cookie.

Let's see if the Rock Star keeps him there?

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #16 - Dec 3rd, 2007 at 10:50pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 3rd, 2007 at 10:24pm:
freediver wrote on Dec 3rd, 2007 at 10:10pm:
I have no idea who half of those people are.

They, Elde Fruit, are the buggers who formulate our policy.

'Yes Minister.'

Bamsey is a Grade A, died in the wool, ingrained Public Service excellence.........background in Foreign Affairs (once our Rep to the UN) and then on to whales and now, this job.

Smart cookie.

Let's see if the Rock Star keeps him there?

Rudd has targetted people like this bludger for annihilation with his razor gang.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #17 - Dec 4th, 2007 at 8:49am

On what basis are you able to conclude that Bamsey is a bludger?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #18 - Dec 4th, 2007 at 10:03am

and how much will the subsidies cost the taxpayer to compensate 'downtrodden'

What subsidies? If you are referring to my comment about prices coming down, I was talking about a green tax shift:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/green-tax-shift/green-tax-shift.html

An interesting interview about climate change on four corners with Malcolm Turnbull and a few others:

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/content/2007/s1961538.htm

TRISTAN EDIS, BUSINESS COUNCIL FOR SUSTAINABLE ENERGY: Our electricity greenhouse emissions in Australia have grown 50 per cent since 1990 and ABARE forecasts that they'll grow by another 50 per cent by 2030. So we've got to go beyond what we're doing right now.

JONATHAN HOLMES: Most of the money and attention has gone on new ways of making electricity: clean coal; renewable energy; nuclear power. But they're all expensive. It's much cheaper just to use less, especially in our own homes. Australian households create 20 per cent of the nation's greenhouse gas emissions.

ALAN PEARS, ENERGY EFFICIENCY CONSULTANT: By 2030 with a reasonably strong and comprehensive energy efficiency program household greenhouse gas emissions could be cut by about 30 per cent.

Putting a price on water:

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/content/2003/transcripts/s901867.htm
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2007 at 3:40pm by freediver »  

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #19 - Dec 4th, 2007 at 6:54pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 4th, 2007 at 8:49am:
On what basis are you able to conclude that Bamsey is a bludger?

Little Kevvy concluded it - he calls it 'bloating' and 'fat' but we know what he means.  We Australians just use the vernacular "bludger".

Quote:
"Well a razor gang is precisely what it says — you look at the totality of government outlays and see the extent to which fat can be cut in administration and delivered to frontline services instead," he said.

"I think we've had too much bloating of administration in the federal bureaucracy and it's time that some of those resources were put into frontline services."

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #20 - Dec 4th, 2007 at 9:35pm

No....you made it personal to Bamsey.......you said....

Quote:
Rudd has targetted people like this bludger for annihilation with his razor gang.

Bludger = Bamsey, according to you.

Can you back that up, or you could concede it was just your fingers on the key-board going faster than the brain.

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #21 - Dec 4th, 2007 at 10:54pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 4th, 2007 at 9:35pm:

Quote:

Can you back that up, or you could concede it was just your fingers on the key-board going faster than the brain.

Bludger = Annihilation, according to Kevvy.

Kevvy's the dude cutting the 'fat' out of the Public Service and unless he is completely bonkers he means the bludgers, after all he surely won't keep them while getting rid of the workers.  And as he has referred to excising the 'fat' while still maintaining services to the newly suffering taxpayer he must mean bludgers like Bamsey.

Trouble is I have no idea how he is going to do even that.  During the election bulltesticularing he promised to get a bunch of review committees going (well over a hundred) and set up a stack of duplicate bureacracies like the Petrol Timewasting Committee and the Grocery Timewasting one and even one to look at house prices.

What will they do sitting on their fat arses watching prices go up as prices have since the dinosaurs started selling their eggs to the highest bidders?  Just what will they do other than chew up taxpayer dollars?

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #22 - Dec 5th, 2007 at 7:20am

They'll boot he silly testicle out after this report

Quote:
We will fail Kyoto target

AUSTRALIA is set to miss its Kyoto targets, prompting the new Rudd Government to call for urgent modelling in an attempt to avoid stringent penalties.

Newly appointed Minister for Climate Change Penny Wong yesterday confirmed she had received official advice that Australia is likely to be about 1 per cent over its maximum greenhouse gas output of an 8 per cent increase on 1990 levels by 2012.

Senator Wong, who along with Prime Minister Kevin Rudd and several other senior ministers is preparing to travel to the UN Climate Change Conference in Bali next week, said she has asked her department to undertake urgent modelling to determine whether Labor's policy of 20 per cent renewable energy production by 2020 will cut emissions.

She said the modelling will take between four and six weeks, meaning its findings will not be available to the Government as it enters Bali talks about post-Kyoto arrangements.

Bend over taxpayers

After all Little Kevvy has set us up for penalties in his eagerness to play the big shot - I can unite the world on climate, says Rudd

For some reason the term 'tosser' comes to mind.  I bet the world is laughing.  I am.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #23 - Dec 5th, 2007 at 8:06am

so kevvy rushed in without due consideration. typical newboy.

we are going to be left holding the baby, with no upside.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #24 - Dec 5th, 2007 at 8:58am

DT says-
For some reason the term 'tosser' comes to mind.  I bet the world is laughing.  I am.

why does that not surprise  me.?

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #25 - Dec 5th, 2007 at 10:41am

oceans - because DT makes practical decisions ?

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #26 - Dec 5th, 2007 at 5:24pm

deepthought wrote on Dec 4th, 2007 at 10:54pm:

Quote:

Kevvy's the dude cutting the 'fat' out of the Public Service and unless he is completely bonkers he means the bludgers, after all he surely won't keep them while getting rid of the workers.  And as he has referred to excising the 'fat' while still maintaining services to the newly suffering taxpayer he must mean bludgers like Bamsey.

Trouble is I have no idea how he is going to do even that.  During the election bulltesticularing he promised to get a bunch of review committees going (well over a hundred) and set up a stack of duplicate bureacracies like the Petrol Timewasting Committee and the Grocery Timewasting one and even one to look at house prices.

What will they do sitting on their fat arses watching prices go up as prices have since the dinosaurs started selling their eggs to the highest bidders?  Just what will they do other than chew up taxpayer dollars?

I Hope Bamsey reads this and sues your arse off.  Bamsey is no bludger, yet you say he is and you give nothing to back it up when directly challenged.

Nasty that, DT.

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #27 - Dec 5th, 2007 at 5:56pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 5th, 2007 at 5:24pm:
deepthought wrote on Dec 4th, 2007 at 10:54pm:

Quote:

Kevvy's the dude cutting the 'fat' out of the Public Service and unless he is completely bonkers he means the bludgers, after all he surely won't keep them while getting rid of the workers.  And as he has referred to excising the 'fat' while still maintaining services to the newly suffering taxpayer he must mean bludgers like Bamsey.

Trouble is I have no idea how he is going to do even that.  During the election bulltesticularing he promised to get a bunch of review committees going (well over a hundred) and set up a stack of duplicate bureacracies like the Petrol Timewasting Committee and the Grocery Timewasting one and even one to look at house prices.

What will they do sitting on their fat arses watching prices go up as prices have since the dinosaurs started selling their eggs to the highest bidders?  Just what will they do other than chew up taxpayer dollars?

I Hope Bamsey reads this and sues your arse off.  Bamsey is no bludger, yet you say he is and you give nothing to back it up when directly challenged.

Nasty that, DT.

So do I hope he reads it.   He has great reason to fear the new Liebor government's razor gang.  In fact the site of the AGO carries this message

Quote:
SITE NOTICE:

A new Government was sworn in by the Governor-General on 3 December 2007, including the following Ministerial appointments:

Senator The Hon Penny Wong - Minister for Climate Change and Water.
The Hon Peter Garrett AM MP - Minister for the Environment, Heritage and the Arts.

Content on this web site is being reviewed. It currently provides information about programmes formerly administered by the Australian Greenhouse Office.

Any questions relating to archived content can be directed to the Manager, Climate Change Communications communications@environment.gov.au.

One assumes your mate will not know what is happening next.  The dole queue?

Incidentally, why not tell us what he has done as CEO of the Greenhouse Office - freediver greeted my revelation that Australia even had a Greenhouse Office with considerable mirth, he will be keen to hear the contributions Bamsey has made too.  You have been very quick to defend this fellow - I assume you have a lot of things to tell us and explain why he's not a bludger.
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2007 at 6:02pm by deepthought »  
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #28 - Dec 5th, 2007 at 7:48pm

I need prove nothing.  Maybe, soon, elsewhere, you will have to prove your allegation that Bamsey is a bludger.

You called it, you need to prove it.

Someone, not so long ago, said:

Quote:
But it is not truth without evidence.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #29 - Dec 5th, 2007 at 8:36pm

Deepy, you made the claim, you should back it up, not expect others to defend some guy against unsubstantiated, and largely unsubstantiable allegations.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print