Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Women the greener sex (Read 10103 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Women the greener sex
Reply #15 - Oct 22nd, 2007 at 10:12am

Women also tend to be the ones who do the grocery shopping.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Sappho
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #16 - Oct 22nd, 2007 at 4:18pm

freediver wrote on Oct 22nd, 2007 at 10:12am:
Women also tend to be the ones who do the grocery shopping.

Men tend to be the ones building grocery stores.  Grin

"Love is a cunning weaver of fantasies and fables."

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #17 - Oct 22nd, 2007 at 6:36pm

Sappho wrote on Oct 22nd, 2007 at 7:58am:
deepthought wrote on Oct 21st, 2007 at 4:39pm:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Oct 20th, 2007 at 11:37pm:
depthought -

Yes entirely.  Only have to look at ALL the STUFF women have to see who the shoppers are.

Their consumption habits begger belief. How many shoe shops do they have ??

I reckon those who believe women consume less doesn't live with one or is being dishonest.  My girlfriend buys clothes at the rate of ten to one with me and she has dozens of pairs of shoes.  I don't.  She uses cosmetics and cleansers and perfumes and I use none.   She wears tights/panty hose and I don't (except on weekends) and she will drive to the shop to buy stuff because she can't carry the shopping home whereas I will walk and hump the bags home.

Crikey, as a consumer I am practically in hibernation by comparison.

I do however produce more methane for some reason known only to God.

Greetings again Deepthought. Still playing with steriotypes and urban myth I see. Good for you. What a vision of light in the relm of Misinformation you are. Stand proud Salesman. Brilliant Bamboozlement is yours.  Grin

Dare I mention the male products that sooth their Vanity?

Anyways... Capitalisation, Liberalsim, Enterprise, Economies of Scale, Marketing and Advertising are Male inventions... male ideas. If you would say then that women are dangerous consumers, I will counter and say male ideas that males encourage unfairly take advantage of womanhood.  Cool

Women are the greener sex. (Rock on gender wars.  Smiley)

??????

I'm afraid you lost me there Sappho.     Though I am impressed with your attack on the good old mother tongue, her grammatical imperatives and the way she is spelled.

IP Logged

Sappho
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #18 - Oct 22nd, 2007 at 7:37pm

deepthought wrote on Oct 22nd, 2007 at 6:36pm:
I'm afraid you lost me there Sappho.     Though I am impressed with your attack on the good old mother tongue, her grammatical imperatives and the way she is spelled.

Yes I must say my exploration of the language and her delicious spelling habits is only surpassed by Shakesphere himself. That I may, and in his honour, proclaim to all, in here and out, my will, though humble and meek, is a will that dreams sublime of a day in language creation, that is mine.

Otherwise, women are not less green than men is all I'm saying Deepthought.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #19 - Oct 22nd, 2007 at 8:00pm

Do you think they are more green?

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #20 - Oct 22nd, 2007 at 8:40pm

Sappho wrote on Oct 22nd, 2007 at 7:37pm:
Yes I must say my exploration of the language and her delicious spelling habits is only surpassed by Shakesphere himself. That I may, and in his honour, proclaim to all, in here and out, my will, though humble and meek, is a will that dreams sublime of a day in language creation, that is mine.

Otherwise, women are not less green than men is all I'm saying Deepthought.

I've met that bloke Brad Shakespeare and despite his annoying habit of calling himself 'The Brad' he's not a bad sort of fellow.  Can't bloody spell though - I think he's dyslexic.

That aside mate, how about a little evidence that "women are not less green than men".  I'm afraid your empty claim doesn't cut it when all around is the evidence of rampant consumerism driven by women.
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2007 at 8:49pm by deepthought »  
IP Logged

Sappho
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #21 - Oct 23rd, 2007 at 11:59am

deepthought wrote on Oct 22nd, 2007 at 8:40pm:
That aside mate, how about a little evidence that "women are not less green than men".  I'm afraid your empty claim doesn't cut it when all around is the evidence of rampant consumerism driven by women.

Have you no eyes that can see Deepthought? Nivia have a new range of beauty products for men and they are not the only brand to jump on the male vanity wagon. CK, Hugo and a range of others display their wares in department stores now to the resounding approval of the Metroman.

You're not a metroman eh? Hmmm... are you a hardware man then? Maybe a boating man? Huntin' Fishin' man, perchance an inventing man? Maybe cars are your buzz... or trucks... or bikes?

None of these? Maybe you are a cycling man with skin tight lycra, shoes and stream lined helmet using the roads and threatening the pedestrians with your lack of registration before stopping in for a well earned latte and bottled water whilst flicking the weekend papers and chatting with your mates.

Am I still of the mark? Hmmm.... could you be a drinking man then living though the bottle of wishful consumerism?

No evidence is needed Deepthought since it is still the case that the equalizing of women is yet complete. And whilst MEN invented and still control consumerism... Men remain the greater of the two evils.  Smiley

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #22 - Oct 23rd, 2007 at 12:22pm

sappho wrote

Quote:
Anyways... Capitalisation, Liberalsim, Enterprise, Economies of Scale, Marketing and Advertising are Male inventions... male ideas.

please expand sappho?

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #23 - Oct 23rd, 2007 at 12:26pm

In my experience it is men who waste more money on consumerist junk. Maybe not the same things like makeup, but usually far more expensive and environmentally destructive things. They also work a lot harder to earn the money to waste on these things.

IP Logged

Sappho
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #24 - Oct 23rd, 2007 at 1:04pm

oceanz wrote on Oct 23rd, 2007 at 12:22pm:
sappho wrote

Quote:
Anyways... Capitalisation, Liberalsim, Enterprise, Economies of Scale, Marketing and Advertising are Male inventions... male ideas.

please expand sappho?

All I'm really saying is that the ideas and mechanisms that celebrate consumerism come from a patriarchy and that feminism has not affected that, but rather seeks to compete with men on men's terms, those terms being Capitalism.

Women are merely followers of the male drive to have more and more stuff.

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #25 - Oct 23rd, 2007 at 1:17pm

Sappho wrote on Oct 23rd, 2007 at 1:04pm:
sappho wrote

Quote:

please expand sappho?

All I'm really saying is that the ideas and mechanisms that celebrate consumerism come from a patriarchy and that feminism has not affected that, but rather seeks to compete with men on men's terms, those terms being Capitalism.

and you'd be right-on most points-but are we really "followers" of the male drive to have more and more stuff-does this not come from desire?

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #26 - Oct 23rd, 2007 at 7:26pm

Sappho wrote on Oct 23rd, 2007 at 11:59am:
deepthought wrote on Oct 22nd, 2007 at 8:40pm:

Have you no eyes that can see Deepthought? Nivia have a new range of beauty products for men and they are not the only brand to jump on the male vanity wagon. CK, Hugo and a range of others display their wares in department stores now to the resounding approval of the Metroman.

You're not a metroman eh? Hmmm... are you a hardware man then? Maybe a boating man? Huntin' Fishin' man, perchance an inventing man? Maybe cars are your buzz... or trucks... or bikes?

None of these? Maybe you are a cycling man with skin tight lycra, shoes and stream lined helmet using the roads and threatening the pedestrians with your lack of registration before stopping in for a well earned latte and bottled water whilst flicking the weekend papers and chatting with your mates.

Am I still of the mark? Hmmm.... could you be a drinking man then living though the bottle of wishful consumerism?

No evidence is needed Deepthought since it is still the case that the equalizing of women is yet complete. And whilst MEN invented and still control consumerism... Men remain the greater of the two evils.  Smiley

How utterly extraordinary.  Nivea have a range of 'metroman' cosmetics for the girly man?  Good luck to them.  Hope their boyfriends like their eye shadow.

And I expect you're missing out on one of the great revolutions of our time - I hope you can handle this next announcement - women like hardware too!  At least at my local Bunnings.  A good chum of mine at Uni rides a motorbike though I don't - but she's female.  And I have seen girls on bicycles too.  Amazing huh?

In fact all the stuff you mention is done by both men and women - but only women buy clothes by the truckful, shoes by the dozen, handbags, stockings, lip gloss, a new household appliance for every purpose and make the Cheesecake Shop franchisees rich.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #27 - Oct 23rd, 2007 at 7:31pm

So women can be singled out for buying too much of certain items, but when it comes to fishing gear, dirtbikes and computers, you should treat them as equals?

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #28 - Oct 23rd, 2007 at 7:40pm

freediver wrote on Oct 23rd, 2007 at 7:31pm:
So women can be singled out for buying too much of certain items, but when it comes to fishing gear, dirtbikes and computers, you should treat them as equals?

Yep.  They are.  As men (except Sappho's 'metromen') don't buy lots of stuff that is unique to women.  Take a look at the magazine industry for example.

The biggest three sellers are Australian Women’s Weekly, Woman’s Day and New Idea.  Men's mags don't even come close.  How many trees are lost to produce a million plus magazines a month?
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2007 at 8:01pm by deepthought »  
IP Logged

Sappho
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #29 - Oct 25th, 2007 at 4:06pm

oceanz wrote on Oct 23rd, 2007 at 1:17pm:
Sappho wrote on Oct 23rd, 2007 at 1:04pm:
sappho wrote

Quote:

please expand sappho?

and you'd be right-on most points-but are we really "followers" of the male drive to have more and more stuff-does this not come from desire?

We follow the ideas of men and form our desires from that male conceptual construct. Have you noticed how many men there are controlling the 'fashion industry' perhaps? I hear it's a gay man's paradise.  Grin

And it is only in recent times that men have done away with makeup... and most have also given up the wig, lace, frills, satin and silk. We have so many paintings of men dress in frills and lace and madeup, it seems a joke to blame all this girly stuff on merely girls.

And what about that slick stuff that men would put in their hair during the dawn of rock and roll, forever putting a comb through in an apparently cool way, to keep it looking good. Let's go back further to the starch in their collars and cuffs.

And men are returning to the girly stuff too I notice. We have the metro male. Now Deepthought may like to discount them in his reflections but that merely reflects his age and lack of contact with teen males and 20 somethings.

OHG the smelly stuff they use. Repulsive to the nose they are, but these young boys will stink out a train or office with the stuff.

Advance hair anyone.... Yeah yeah! Or maybe you need those grey bits covered. Pfft.... men are vain.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print