Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Electoral Enrolement-did you know (Read 1924 times)
oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Electoral Enrolement-did you know
Oct 9th, 2007 at 6:03pm

That the day the PM calls the elction is the last day up until 8 oclock that night (I think the time is correct)to lodge your elecoral enrolement form or update.

Contrary to what you may have heard you cant actually update your details by phone or on the website. Has to be submitted in hardcopy and processed that way.

A great many pple may not know this little fact and so I hope you wont be caught short.

The ones who will be caught are a lot of young pple voting for the first time. Howards betting on it actually!!

You have only really this week to get your enrolemnt completed.

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Re: Electoral Enrolement-did you know
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2007 at 8:19pm

Luckily I knew that; and I damn well made sure that all my family and friends check that their enrolments are up to date.

Cheers!

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2007 at 11:01pm

If you didn't know that you must have been either asleep for the last few weeks or dead.

There have been ads every night about it on the tele.  I guess if you never watch TV, read papers, travel on buses and other places where there are the ads telling you that, then you may not know.  But if that's so you probably aren't in Australia anyway.  If you are you don't deserve a vote anyway - you're too dumb to vote and would never work out what a pencil is.

In fact that requirement was brought in well over a year ago so you would be decayed by know if you had never heard of it.

(It's actually up to 8pm on the day the writs are issued - not the day the election is called but that date is soon after anyway so enrol as soon as you are able.  Why wait until it's too late then bitch about it)
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2007 at 6:55am by deepthought »  
IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #3 - Oct 20th, 2007 at 7:53pm

deepthought wrote on Oct 19th, 2007 at 11:01pm:
<snip> Why wait until it's too late then bitch about it)

What the hell does a pregnant dog have to do with anything?  I type 'b*tch' and get 'pregnant dog'?  That's funny.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print