Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Hanson calls for halt to immigration. (Read 26949 times)
oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Hanson calls for halt to immigration.
Aug 16th, 2007 at 12:00pm

Just more of the same old, same old...ho hum.

Now she hates muslims.

-----------------------------------------------------

www.smh.com.auHome » National » Article Hanson calls for halt to muslim immigration
Email Print Normal font Large font August 16, 2007 - 9:14AM

The right-wing former One Nation leader is seeking to register Pauline's United Australia Party in her bid for a political comeback by winning a Queensland senate seat in the upcoming federal election.

The 53-year-old former fish and chip shop owner, who won international notoriety during her brief spell as the independent MP for Oxley in the late 1990s, says she will targeting Muslims in her campaign.

"I want a moratorium put on the number of Muslims coming into Australia," Ms Hanson told the Nine network.

"People have a right to be very concerned about this because of the terrorist attacks that have happened throughout the world.

"I'm sick of these people coming out here and saying that our girls are like the meat market and the bible that is urinated on ... am I supposed to be tolerant?"

But Ms Hanson said she would have the support of Muslim women if they knew how oppressed they were.

"I think that if Muslim women realise how they have been treated I probably would get a lot of support," she said.

"Maybe we should look at the female genital mutilation that happens to young girls in this country ... if people want to live by these ways then go back to the Muslim countries."

Ms Hanson said immigration was not her only concern and she would campaign on other issues such as the privatisation of water.

She said many of the issues raised in her maiden speech to parliament in September 1996 had been adopted by the Howard government.

"Don't just say I'm simplistic and I don't know what I'm talking about. They said the same about the Aboriginal issue but the prime minister actually abolished ATSIC (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Commission) and that was in my maiden speech."

Ms Hanson believes her campaign is winning strong support among the people of Queensland.

"I wouldn't say I've got no chance ... I've travelled around Queensland quite extensively over the past six months. There is tremendous support from people."

"They are wanting someone else to vote for ... so they are looking at me."

Ms Hanson was elected to parliament as an independent MP for the Queensland seat of Oxley at the 1996 election after being disendorsed as a Liberal candidate because of her strong views on race and immigration.

She failed to win the neighbouring seat of Blair in 1998, a senate seat in 2004 and a position in the NSW upper house in 2003.

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

DILLIGAF
Gold Member

The greens are red
Re: Hanson calls for halt to immigration.
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 12:59pm

Its great isnt it! She is going to do well i predict. She already has alot of support- which outweighs opposition.

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #2 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 3:46pm

Quote:
Its great isnt it! She is going to do well i predict. She already has alot of support- which outweighs opposition.

I predict if she tries her ways on as she did before..she,ll go nowwhere fast. Contrary to popular belief not everyone hates Muslims. Howard ousted her last time (even though he then picked up the baton) and probabaly will again. If not he then it will be Rudd.

She has a support base thats for sure.

I dont disagree with everything she has to say, she makes some good points but its her methods that lose for her.

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

DILLIGAF
Gold Member

The greens are red
Reply #3 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 4:11pm

Things have changed dramatically in the past 11 years Oceans.
She was too early before.... Now the time is nearly ripe.
Watch how different things will be in 11 years time- i assure you, YOU will end up voting for her too.

IP Logged

Progs

Port Stephens, NSW
Reply #4 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 4:16pm

Quote:
Watch how different things will be in 11 years time- i assure you, YOU will end up voting for her too.

You are deluded. You think everyone that is not white, christian and a 5th generation Aussie convict descendant is a second-rate non-human.

An Aussie for Progressive Progressivness.

IP Logged

DILLIGAF
Gold Member

The greens are red
Reply #5 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 4:36pm

Progs wrote on Aug 16th, 2007 at 4:16pm:
Quote:

You are deluded. You think everyone that is not white, christian and a 5th generation Aussie convict descendant is a second-rate non-human.

On what grounds do you make this accusation mr Bigot?
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2007 at 4:43pm by DILLIGAF »  

IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Reply #6 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 4:58pm

the thing is, Pauline Hanson is not a very good politican, she has shown on numerous occassions that she doesn't have what it takes to lead Australia.

like i mean, sure she wants to stop immigration (africans, muslims, etc), but ask her about other areas and she wouldn't have a clue. i remember a few years ago her economic policy was to "print more money". that is so stupid, since we would then have hyperinflation as our dollar wouldn't be worth the paper it's printed on.

quite dangerous to vote her in, i would just wait for Labor or Liberal to crush her and to then rip off her policies (like they did last time). and it will happen again, just watch.

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #7 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 5:03pm

Quote:
years ago her economic policy was to "print more money".

To this day Gavin that still makes me laugh..are we sure thats not what they do anyway?

Think how strong the economy would be if we just printed more money. HA HA. Grin

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 5:15pm

Pauline's time has passed. People have seen through her. I checked out some one nation policies recently. Things like a flat 1% tax on transactions, and having the capital in Alice Springs. Pretty stupid stuff. I think it was one nation anyway. There is absolutely no substance at all behind the rhetoric. Vacuous would be a good way to describe it.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

DILLIGAF
Gold Member

The greens are red
Reply #9 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 5:35pm

Ok then, have a look at this poll.

http://ninemsn.com.au/

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #10 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 5:45pm

Just looked at the poll - it isn't surprising.  Pauline Hanson has always appealed to a lot of Australians in regard to immigration.

But she should include everyone, not just Muslims - we really need to slow down immigration - especially Asian immigration.   We just haven't got the infrastructure or resources to support the extra one million Howard has bought in, plus their families, plus those who have permanently overstayed their visas.

IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Reply #11 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 5:46pm

Quote:

okay, so people like Pauline Hanson's stance on immigration.

but politics is more than just immigration. what about the economy, military, education, health, the environment, etc?

Pauline Hanson has shown in the past that she doesn't know much about the other areas.

IP Logged

DILLIGAF
Gold Member

The greens are red
Reply #12 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 5:53pm

Gavin wrote on Aug 16th, 2007 at 5:46pm:
Quote:

okay, so people like Pauline Hanson's stance on immigration.

but politics is more than just immigration. what about the economy, military, education, health, the environment, etc?

Pauline Hanson has shown in the past that she doesn't know much about the other areas.

Thats where she falls apart Cry
And thats where her advisors come in. Smiley

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #13 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 8:58pm

Amazing how you're always proved wrong on this kinda thing, freediver.

Yes... Pauline Hanson needs advisors to handle other matters. After all... it's not like John Howard runs the country himself. He's mainly just a puppet and doesn't actually do paperwork himself. He's mainly just a person who unifies the party.

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #14 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 9:25pm

ex-member DonaldTrump wrote on Aug 16th, 2007 at 8:58pm:
Amazing how you're always proved wrong on this kinda thing, freediver.

Yes... Pauline Hanson needs advisors to handle other matters. After all... it's not like John Howard runs the country himself. He's mainly just a puppet and doesn't actually do paperwork himself. He's mainly just a person who unifies the party.

Pauline Hanson is pig ignorant..no 2 ways about it DT...

Politicians come from educated backgrounds at the very least.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print