Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Do you support gay marriage in Australia?

« Last Modified by: Progs on: Jul 15th, 2007 at 8:16pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print
GAY MARRIAGE (Read 20958 times)
ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Re: Victoria gets defacto gay marriages
Reply #15 - Jul 13th, 2007 at 8:59pm

WHY do they want to be recognised as a legal couple? Isn't their so-called 'love' good enough? 

There's nothing normal about being gay... it's a mental disorder

Like I said... I dont mind gay people... I find them to be polite and nice people. But ones that want the same rights as a man and woman make me sick. Why do they need kids and to get married? If you want that... marry a smacking woman.

Quote:
How are equal rights sickening? How would you even notice if they got these rights?

Because 2 men are not equal to a man and a woman. Simple as that, freediver. bugger your version of equal rights. You're as bad as Paul Keating with his dictionary definitions.

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #16 - Jul 13th, 2007 at 9:36pm

Quote:
Because 2 men are not equal to a man and a woman. Simple as that, freediver. bugger your version of equal rights. You're as bad as Paul Keating with his dictionary definitions

lol DT.

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #17 - Jul 14th, 2007 at 9:50am

WHY do they want to be recognised as a legal couple? Isn't their so-called 'love' good enough?

For financial reasons mostly. Also to be recognosed as a co-carer if one of them has a biological child.

Because 2 men are not equal to a man and a woman. Simple as that, freediver.

They aren't asking for vaginas DT, they are asking for equal access to each other's pension, stuff like that. They aren't asking to be the same, they are asking for legal recognition of those aspects of their lives that are the same.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Progs

Port Stephens, NSW
Umm... Do you support gay marriage?
Reply #18 - Jul 15th, 2007 at 8:13pm

I realise this could be an uncomfortable question for the...uh... more conservative among us, but do try.

I personally don't support gay marriage, in my view marriage was meant for between a man and a woman. But I do support a civil union type arrangement.

edit....
Guests are more than welcome to vote.

An Aussie for Progressive Progressivness.

IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Re: Umm... Do you support gay marriage?
Reply #19 - Jul 15th, 2007 at 8:35pm

HELL NO

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #20 - Jul 15th, 2007 at 8:46pm

I have no problems with a formal agreement amongst gays.

prob a good idea if it affords them more stability, a framework to base future decisions and events on.

must be hard living a secret life. A guy at work came out a while ago, he was a real pest for a while with his new found "freedom". 
Seems to me most gays are not happy people ??

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #21 - Jul 15th, 2007 at 9:33pm

No.

They should have no legal recognition as a couple, nor in marriage. That's just like me and a mate getting recognised as a couple.

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #22 - Jul 16th, 2007 at 11:34am

Yes they should get legal recognotion. I don't care whether it's called marriage or civil union and I doubt most gay couples do either. The state is the only organisation that can claim 'ownership' of the term. Churches cannot claim ownership of it, nor a right to define it. That is too much interference by the church in government.

That's just like me and a mate getting recognised as a couple.

If you formed a loving pair bond and lived together, sharing all expenses and wanting each other to have legal rights that normally only family would, then you pretty much would be a gay couple - just not having sex.

Would you like me to splice these two threads?

Victoria gets defacto gay marriages: http://ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1177393639

IP Logged

Classic Liberal
Gold Member

OzPolitic

sydney
Reply #23 - Jul 16th, 2007 at 4:18pm

i third dt's and ausnats statements.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #24 - Jul 16th, 2007 at 6:14pm

Quote:
If you formed a loving pair bond and lived together, sharing all expenses and wanting each other to have legal rights that normally only family would, then you pretty much would be a gay couple - just not having sex

I agree - gays have had their rights stripped away.  If a partner is dying in hospital, the other partner can't even give permission for medical treatment and they are not recognised legally in many areas of life.

Many gays are very lonely men and those who are able to form a bond with another man should be given full recognition as a spouse.

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #25 - Jul 16th, 2007 at 6:21pm

mantra wrote on Jul 16th, 2007 at 6:14pm:
Quote:
If you formed a loving pair bond and lived together, sharing all expenses and wanting each other to have legal rights that normally only family would, then you pretty much would be a gay couple - just not having sex

I agree - gays have had their rights stripped away.  If a partner is dying in hospital, the other partner can't even give permission for medical treatment and they are not recognised legally in many areas of life.

Many gays are very lonely men and those who are able to form a bond with another man should be given full recognition as a spouse.

Who cares? If they're lonely they should date women.

And who cares if they aren't recognised as a legal couple? Only they do.

Being gay is just to satisfy sexual urges etc...  a sickness of the mind.

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #26 - Jul 16th, 2007 at 6:26pm

If they care and you don't, why not let them have what they want? Denying something to another person when it would cost you nothing is not a good sign.

IP Logged

cautious connie

OzPolitic

Reply #27 - Jul 16th, 2007 at 6:29pm

I voted yes, but I am unsure whether it should be marriage or civil union. I can't see why a gay couple living like a married couple shouldn't  have similar rights and responsibilities if they want them.

IP Logged

cautious connie

OzPolitic

Reply #28 - Jul 16th, 2007 at 6:36pm

"Being gay is just to satisfy sexual urges etc...  a sickness of the mind."

That is a very negative view of it. Is being heterosexual equally sick? I must admit the promiscuousness and casual sexness of some people  living the gay lifestyle I find sickening, but it would be sickening to see heterosexuals having multiple casual sex contacts in public toilets also - just degrading of their and our humanity.

The promiscuous gay lifestyle is generally confined to a segment of the male gay population anyway (I am unsure of the size of the segment) and is atypical in female gay people.

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #29 - Jul 16th, 2007 at 6:46pm

Quote:

If they care and you don't, why not let them have what they want? Denying something to another person when it would cost you nothing is not a good sign.

I'll accept the union under a few conditions...

1) It's in name only.
2) The taxpayer doesn't have to pay anything extra as a result of this union.
3) They don't get a marriage.
4) They don't show it in public. No kissing... no holding hands. Etc etc.
5) They don't make the union 'religious' in any way. Just a signing of a paper... etc.
6) They don't get any special priveleges.

If they just want acknowledgement... whatever... give them a certificate. But it shouldn't affect the rest of us. Sorry if I'm benig fascist... but I'm just being honest.

Poofters alone don't bother me... it's two poofters together that bother me.

Quote:
That is a very negative view of it. Is being heterosexual equally sick? I must admit the promiscuousness and casual sexness of some people  living the gay lifestyle I find sickening, but it would be sickening to see heterosexuals having multiple casual sex contacts in public toilets also - just degrading of their and our humanity. 

The promiscuous gay lifestyle is generally confined to a segment of the male gay population anyway (I am unsure of the size of the segment) and is atypical in female gay people.

But it is a sickness of the mind connie... sorry... but it is.... for both men and women.

We're built with penises and vaginas primarily for pro-creation. If you prefer sticking it up a guys bum and HATE women.... then quite frankly... you're sick-minded. Sorry. I can't see that any other way.

As far as their choice of lifestyle goes... I don't care so long as it doesn't directly affect me. In the privacy of their own homes... away from us normal people.

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print