Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Domestic violence (Read 5553 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Domestic violence
Jun 29th, 2007 at 10:20am

Unsurprisingly enough, women are as often the perpertrators as they are those assualted.
The official figures are dreadfully slanted. Due to men not complaining, and women being "encouraged as the victim" and believed immediately.
Hard for a man to complain to the cops he has been assualted by his wife. He will get laughed out of the police station. This is part of the uncompassion shown by one man toward another.

We are hopelessly outnumbered in verbal assualt. So overall are the beaten up.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Domestic violence
Reply #1 - Jun 29th, 2007 at 10:32am

Unless there is physical violence and economic dependency, I don't think you can really compare what men might go through to what a beaten wife experiences. It is far easier for a man to just walk away.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2007 at 10:48am

i was talking about a physical assualt. A man experiences just the same pain. Also the humiliation of being beaten physically by his wife. Who would you complain to, if it happened to you ??

In addition to that, us men bear the vast majority of the verbal assualt.

Women generally have a wider "support" group, so it is far easier for them to walk.
Women genarally are the first to walk in a relationship, men are the ones wanting to give it another go.
Women have normally emotionally left the relatonship 2 years before they physically do.

When a woman walks, they get all the compassion and "support". The guy is the one who is "guilty".
That is the mentality of our "womenaregood" society.
That's why so many men suicide after a relationship breakup.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2007 at 11:03am

Do you have any estimates of the number of men who are physically assaulted and don't report it? Given the significant differences in physical strength between the sexes I doubt that this could be a significant problem, or that the figures are 'dreadfully slanted'.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Jun 29th, 2007 at 1:37pm

Very few men who are assualted report it.
The physical differences makes a very minor impact. Women have a psychological advantege and tend to use weapons.
The statistics are very slanted as men have noone to complain to.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Jun 29th, 2007 at 1:58pm

"A surprising number of the domestic violence incidents recorded by police involve male victims. Where the victim is under 15 years of age, or more than 39 years of age, male victims outnumber female victims (in the former case by more than two to one). "

http://www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/lawlink/bocsar/ll_bocsar.nsf/pages/bocsar_mr_cjb89
This is a comment by the professionsals.
Yet all the funding goes towards"'helping" women .

"DAVID WEBER: Would there be a lot of men out there that aren't reporting and perhaps aren't responding to any kind of survey?

DONNA CHUNG: Yes, I think that's the issue, is a lot of men don't identify their situation as violent and abusive and one group that's been identified for further research is men with disabilities who may well be, particularly with physical disability, as well as intellectual and psychiatric, may be more vulnerable to abuse, both in heterosexual and same sex relationships than other men so that they're a particular group who may be vulnerable that we need to know more about.

DAVID WEBER: But there's be a lot of different issues as to why men aren't reporting as opposed to why women aren't reporting?

DONNA CHUNG: Absolutely and some of the men that I've talked to have been victims of domestic violence, have talked about the embarrassment associated with being a victim of domestic violence with not wanting to really view the situation as domestic violence but wanting to view it as conflict. "

Notice how the woman minimises and diverts it ?

http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/stories/s438735.htm

There are MANY more links .
What will the womens party do to help us men here ??
Same as mantra showed in her piccie. Using our taxes

IP Logged

cautious connie

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Jun 29th, 2007 at 7:21pm

A lot of negativity towards women in this thread. Women aren't all bad you know.

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #7 - Jun 29th, 2007 at 7:30pm

cautious connie wrote on Jun 29th, 2007 at 7:21pm:
A lot of negativity towards women in this thread. Women aren't all bad you know.

Connie..I agree.

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - Jun 29th, 2007 at 7:36pm

Sprint, that does not mean that men are getting beaten up by their wives. The first category - under 15 - obviously aren't married and this is more a case of child abuse probably, most often by the father. Even for the over 39 case, there is nothing to say that the perpetrators are their wives or even that they are female. This could just reflect the fact that men are far more likely to be physically violent towards each other. It may just be statistics from drunken fisticuffs. Even where Donna talks about men being embarrassed to report or even identify the situation as being domestic violence, she does not identify women as the aggressor. The only case where she implies female partners as the agressor is in cases of men that are physically or intellectually handicapped, and here she mentions both gay

Also, I don't see how Donna is minimising or diverting anything. She is very strongly implying that men are victims, just not that they are getting beaten up by their wives.

In fact I just checked out the first link you provided:

Female victims are more likely to be abused by a current or former intimate partner and male victims are more likely to be abused by other family persons and other persons. Almost half of all victims under 15 are abused by a parent or guardian.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Jun 30th, 2007 at 10:47am

Connie and oceans, no, women aren't all bad. Not at all.

I get highly peeved with the bias against us men.
Did it show ? 

Women have vastly preferential treament in courts.
Look at what happens when a female teacher bonks a male student ?? They rarely even get jailed, all the compassion goes to them. Media wise, the case is buried.
Compare that to a male teacher, he is vilified by the media. There is no question as to a jail sentence.

I am "irritated" that there is a womens party. prob all the mens clubs are closed down due to "sexist" rules. The womens party is only going after whatever else they can get from us men. 
Undoubtly there will be some suckful guys thinking it is a good idea !

Us men have a minority of services for us, a minority of funds for health care.  There was a womens health portfolio many years before a mans one. The first mans one was run by a woman !!
We die 7 years earlier, we should get proportionately more funding.

We are meant to feel guilty that we work the longest hours and hardest and make the most.
We pay the most tax cause we earn the most. In return we get the least in return.

Did it show again ??

Do I get a rant rating ??

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #10 - Jun 30th, 2007 at 10:55am

Freediver - I stand by my earlier statistics.
On anecdotal verbal advice from someone who used to work with troubled families.
women are just as much the perpertrator as men . Look at the way they "fly off the handle".
Then we excuse it away on "hormones" etc etc etc. , or accept the blame ourselves

As the experts poionted out, it surprised even them. That is only the "reported" unreported cases.
What would you do, if your wife attacked you with a rolling pin ?  After you woke up.
Why is a rolling pin used a classic one for a wife beating her husband.
Thats how common it is.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #11 - Jun 30th, 2007 at 11:05am

I would take the rolling pin off her (before she hit me with it) and tell her not to drink and cook.

IP Logged

spg79(Guest)

Reply #12 - Aug 6th, 2007 at 12:29am

Domestic Violence is about manipulation (lying, blaming, bullying) and abuse within a relationship or past relationship.  DV is when one person is controlling the other person through manipulation and/or fear.  

The victim (whether male or female) living with abuse will often become anxious, nervous, scared, angry and may also be abusive.
The difference between the perpertrator and victim is that the victim is honest about their abuse, owning the behaviour and knows that they need to stop being abusive.  The perpertrator ususally blames someone or something - saying they made me do it.
Both parties will say the other person needs help, has a problem, is abusive - a controlling partner will often not respect the other persons right to have time away from them, they may intimidate, stalk, harrass, lie to try to get control back or keep the other partner quiet.  Domestic violence is very complicated and happening all over the globe at all levels - most abuse occurs in the privacy of the home - as the abuser usually knows that their behavior is not appropriate for a public place

Physical abuse is a crime - just as it is in a public place eg shopping centre - each person (male or female) is responsible for their own choice to be physically violent and therefore if serious could be charged for the crime.  This crime has to be proved beyond doubt therefore if it happens in the isolation of the home and one or both people do not tell the truth about what happened it is difficult for a charge to be made.  The abuse is still a crime just hard to prove.  

It is not about men versus women it is about abuse and criminal behaviour within relationships

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print