Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Food (Read 19846 times)
mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Re: Food
Reply #15 - Jun 7th, 2007 at 12:53pm

I'll have to go along with Aussie Nat on this one.  I've seen the way our indigenous people cook their turtles, while they're still alive - and dugongs are almost human.

Obviously some people have to eat these animals as a matter of necessity, but it would be easier to bear if they killed them quickly and humanely first.  There's nothing worse than seeing a live turtle, lizard or snake on the fire.  It may be their culture, but that doesn't mean it's acceptable to be so cruel and you have to wonder whether their ancestors cooked their food alive - as they do in some Asian cultures.

Obviously feral animals have to be killed - but again often these animals are attacked by dogs, poisoned or trapped before they're put out of their misery.  Death is necessary of course, but at least it could be done quickly.

Sorry Oceans - I realise it was your husband's job to be a hunter.    I have spent quite a bit of time in the outback and in the country, but still can't accept the many inhumane methods of slaughter used by those who do it without second thought.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #16 - Jun 7th, 2007 at 12:57pm

Sounds an exciting life oceans. 1/2 your luck.

he is now your ex ?

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #17 - Jun 7th, 2007 at 2:22pm

mantra wrote on Jun 7th, 2007 at 12:53pm:
I'll have to go along with Aussie Nat on this one.  I've seen the way our indigenous people cook their turtles, while they're still alive - and dugongs are almost human.

Obviously some people have to eat these animals as a matter of necessity, but it would be easier to bear if they killed them quickly and humanely first.  There's nothing worse than seeing a live turtle, lizard or snake on the fire.  It may be their culture, but that doesn't mean it's acceptable to be so cruel and you have to wonder whether their ancestors cooked their food alive - as they do in some Asian cultures.

Obviously feral animals have to be killed - but again often these animals are attacked by dogs, poisoned or trapped before they're put out of their misery.  Death is necessary of course, but at least it could be done quickly.

Sorry Oceans - I realise it was your husband's job to be a hunter.    I have spent quite a bit of time in the outback and in the country, but still can't accept the many inhumane methods of slaughter used by those who do it without second thought.

O bviously mantra and Nat its impossible to go into a whole history re my experinces in this area..but never at any time were inhumane methods used..he was a professionl hunter..thus this is the difference..professional..and I would never allow it any way..

Its the weekend shooters who do it for fun who are the culprits in this way,,ie not being priofessional., that being the operative and key word.

I dont know what you have witnessed Mantra..but I do know we conducted our 'business' with integrity.

You guys all eat pork..lamb..beef..maybe we should start a thread about the barbaric and unhumane practices in iflicted on these animals to get to your dinnerplate...when you eat your pork tonight or your lamb..stop and consider what these poor animals go thru to get there.

I dont think you want to know..It would make your stomach turn..the cruelty and suffering. Abbatiors are houses of death and cruelty.Nothing warm and fuzzy there. Cry

Sorry..but hunting methods are far more humane..its quick and clean.Unlike the way pigs and sheep and beef are treated. We think nothing of picking up a pork roast or a nice leg of lamb do we.?

« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2007 at 2:37pm by oceanz »  

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #18 - Jun 7th, 2007 at 2:37pm

I think PETA would agree with you there Oceans. They recently launched a campaign promoting whale meat as involving less animal cruelty than factory farming.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #19 - Jun 7th, 2007 at 2:43pm

freediver wrote on Jun 7th, 2007 at 2:37pm:
I think PETA would agree with you there Oceans. They recently launched a campaign promoting whale meat as involving less animal cruelty than factory farming.

peta does freediver

http://www.chooseveg.com/pigs.asp

This link contains images of 'farmed' pigs...be warned..nasty.

article on sheep live exports etc

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Business/Cruelty-charges-threaten-live-exports/2005/1...

http://www.savethesheep.com/f-boycottAuWool.asp

Just a few links .

The thing is guys..yes maybe we dont agree with way Ind pple cook theyre food and I never witnessed any cruelty for the record by these pple, but Im making the point we inflict far greater cruelties and enmass..to sheep, pigs, cattle,chickens, fish etc..its goes on and on.

Yet the public will sit up and cry cruelty to an isolated incident which occurs with  far lesser commanality -but turn a blind eye to these animals..slaughtered in theyre thousands every day in this country..Why is that I wonder? Do these animals not have feelings of pain and suffering..they dont have rights..just because they are not protected?

To close to home perhaps?

Will we stop eating them to save them from this cruelty.?mmm I wonder. Huh

Sorry about my rave guys..but this subject is important.
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2007 at 2:57pm by oceanz »  

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

IQSRLOW
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #20 - Jun 7th, 2007 at 2:43pm

I'd gladly become a vegetarian if they legalised hunting PETA members

Political Animal has little moderation. It is the forum for free speech and free thinkers to converse passionately without the threat of being banned. It is a forum for adults.

IP Logged

AusNat
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Jun 7th, 2007 at 2:43pm

Quote:
cooked their food alive - as they do in some Asian cultures.

Ive seen them clean a fish while it was still alive, then fry it from the gills back and serve it to some gooks. The fish was still gulping for air.

Quote:
You guys all eat pork..lamb..beef..maybe we should start a thread about the barbaric and unhumane practices in iflicted on these animals to get to your dinnerplate...when you eat your pork tonight or your lamb..stop and consider what these poor animals go thru to get there.

They were bred to die as food. they know nothing of freedom like a turtle.

Quote:
We think nothing of picking up a pork roast or a nice leg of lamb do we.?

Why? it serves its purpose.

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #22 - Jun 7th, 2007 at 2:58pm

IQSRLOW wrote on Jun 7th, 2007 at 2:43pm:
I'd gladly become a vegetarian if they legalised hunting PETA members

no IQ peta arent perfect..I agree..

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #23 - Jun 7th, 2007 at 2:59pm

oceanz wrote on Jun 7th, 2007 at 2:43pm:
freediver wrote on Jun 7th, 2007 at 2:37pm:

peta does freediver

http://www.chooseveg.com/pigs.asp

This link contains images of 'farmed' pigs...be warned..nasty.

article on sheep live exports etc

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Business/Cruelty-charges-threaten-live-exports/2005/1...

http://www.savethesheep.com/f-boycottAuWool.asp

Just a few links .

The thing is guys..yes maybe we dont agree with way Ind pple cook theyre food and I never witnessed any cruelty for the record by these pple, but Im making the point we inflict far greater cruelties and enmass..to sheep, pigs, cattle,chickens, fish etc..its goes on and on.

Yet the public will sit up and cry cruelty to an isolated incident which occurs with  far lesser commanality -but turn a blind eye to these animals..slaughtered in theyre thousands every day in this country..Why is that I wonder? Do these animals not have feelings of pain and suffering..they dont have rights..just because they are not protected?

To close to home perhaps?

Will we stop eating them to save them from this cruelty.?mmm I wonder. Huh

Sorry about my rave guys..but this subject is important.

IP Logged

IQSRLOW
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #24 - Jun 7th, 2007 at 3:11pm

Animals die. It's not cruel, it's not pretty but it's necessary.

Political Animal has little moderation. It is the forum for free speech and free thinkers to converse passionately without the threat of being banned. It is a forum for adults.

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #25 - Jun 7th, 2007 at 3:13pm

They were bred to die as food. they know nothing of freedom like a turtle.

so its ok to be unspeakably cruel to an animal bred for consumption Aus?

they have no pain or suffering.?

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #26 - Jun 7th, 2007 at 3:15pm

[quote author=IQSRLOW link=1181129343/15#24 date=1181193062]Animals die. It's not cruel, it's not pretty but it's necessary.

Yes animals die..It IS cruel (in this country)and no its not pretty..but it doesnt have to be cruel..

Why is theyre life and welfare less important than a turtle? Thats my question?

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #27 - Jun 7th, 2007 at 3:35pm

[And perhaps they should outlaw the hunting of endangered species by Abo's too.[/i]

Absolutely Aussie. I agree.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #28 - Jun 7th, 2007 at 4:08pm

I have no problem Oceans if an animal is killed quickly and humanely - as you say your husband who was a professional hunter, did.

But like you I agree our farming practices leave a lot to be desired.  The breeding of animals for consumption is horrific in some industries.  Australia is slow to implement animal welfare laws and as far as animal export goes, the ALP put a stop to this practice.  When the Liberals got back into power, they could see a lucrative industry and revived it.

Seems as though some people believe that animals feel no pain.

IP Logged

AusNat
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Jun 7th, 2007 at 4:11pm

If everybody is so concerned about this, then why not complain (again) to the government to stop sending live sheep to the middle east. i dont believe they stopped the practice.

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print