Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
after climate and water? (Read 6287 times)
Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Re: after climate and water?
Reply #30 - Oct 20th, 2019 at 11:09am

The_Barnacle wrote on Oct 20th, 2019 at 10:59am:
Ajax wrote on Oct 20th, 2019 at 10:34am:
zoso wrote on May 5th, 2007 at 1:39pm:
In 2003, the US was emitting 20 tonnes of CO2 per person, per year (Australia is something similar), China was emitting 2.7 tonnes per person per year... So please, lets be fair about this, China has 1/6th of the worlds population, they can be emitting a whole lot more CO2 than the US in total, and still the average chinese will be living quite the humble existence.

It is the first world countries that need to curb emissions, stop looking at everyone else and start looking at your own lifestyle.

Lead the way buddy get rid of

mobile phone
I-pad
Computer
No electricity in your house
No cars or trains trams or buses only push bikes
No aeroplanes
No tv or entertainment that uses power.
No plastic products
Everything has to be done manually.

Might as well live in a cave.

You wiling to show the way.

BTW Australian emits 1% of manmade greenhouse gases which is absorbed by Australia eco-systems..

Wake the f@rk up and stop listening to the oligarchy.

You do realise that zoso posted that 12 years ago.
I suspect he won't read your reply  Grin Grin Grin Grin

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Oct 20th, 2019 at 1:02pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Oct 20th, 2019 at 9:41am:
Wow, I didn't realise that you were so stupid that I would have to spell it out for you

record rains in 2010 after bushfires and a long drought made for huge amounts of regrowth which made Australia (temporarily) a carbon sink

Yes petal I read that.

You do understand the difference 60% carbon uptake would make?

So if we take the net carbon flux at approximately 220Mt and reduce it by 60%, ( although how they arrived at that is not mentioned), that would make, in a normal year  a 88Mt Carbon Sink.  And for the 60% they actually used 2011.

The_Barnacle wrote on Oct 20th, 2019 at 9:41am:
And that had a global impact. While atmospheric carbon dioxide still rose in 2011, it grew at a much lower rate – nearly 20% lower – than the average growth over the previous decade.

Almost 60% of the higher than normal carbon uptake that year, or 840 million tons, happened in Australia.

BTW - You do understand the difference between a carbon sink of about 220Mt and 560.4 Mt emissions. About 780Mt.  How could Australia have both sets of figures? Surely it is either one or the other. Wink

Figure 4
Carbon flux IAV for a TM5‐4DVAR GOSAT‐based inversion and a CASA‐GFED TM5 forward model run.

"Our results show a strong carbon uptake in Australia from the end of 2010 to mid‐2012. This uptake coincided with record‐breaking rainfall and consequent soil moisture increase that lead to increased growth of vegetation as shown by the increased SIF and the observed peak in biomass burning emissions, as well as the large increased flux uptake shown in the inversion results."

https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/2015GL065161

So the graph shows CO2 flux (blue line) was falling throughout 2010. Wink

I notice you still haven't referenced Australia's Chief Scientist. Wink

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #32 - Oct 20th, 2019 at 8:29pm

Zoso will be back like the Wrath of Khan.

C02 levels have risen.
Methane levels have risen.

Is it man-made or natural occurance that is due??

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print