Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
low blow from Bill Heffernan (Read 10975 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: low blow from Bill Heffernan
Reply #15 - Nov 21st, 2007 at 7:11pm

I'ld be surprised if FF have been harassing women visiting an abortion clinic.

Sure, they prob don't agree with abortions, but harassing women at an abortion clinic is a different thing altogether.
Their site does not suggest this sort of thing.

no response means nothing

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

IQSRLOW
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #16 - Nov 21st, 2007 at 7:13pm

no response means nothing

Except to someone with an obvious bias

Political Animal has little moderation. It is the forum for free speech and free thinkers to converse passionately without the threat of being banned. It is a forum for adults.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #17 - Nov 21st, 2007 at 7:29pm

Why didn't they deny it up front? Something ringing bells in the back of their mind perhaps?

Still no word from family first as far as I can tell.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #18 - Nov 21st, 2007 at 7:41pm

freediver wrote on Nov 21st, 2007 at 7:29pm:
Why didn't they deny it up front? Something ringing bells in the back of their mind perhaps?

Still no word from family first as far as I can tell.

Perhaps you could check the news then

Quote:
Family First deny harassing abortion clinic patients

The Democrats have accused Family First members of harassing women outside an abortion clinic in Melbourne.

Democrats Leader Lyn Allison says security guards at the East Melbourne clinic have told her protesters often yell at women entering the clinic and follow them down the street.

She says she wants to see buffer zones that distance protesters from the entrance to abortion clinics.

"It does show the extent to which the far right will go to limit women's access to reproductive health services and outside there today are members of the Family First Party," she said.

Family First member Dave Foster was campaigning against abortion at the front of the clinic today and he denies the protesters harass women.

"We've been here 15 years and at no stage has there ever been a charge laid, nor has there ever been any evidence other than hearsay presented that would... incriminate us in anyway at all, and certainly we do not call women murderers," he said.

Democrats tell porkies

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #19 - Nov 21st, 2007 at 7:46pm

Maybe I misread it - is he saying they have been out the front of the abortion clinic for 15 years? What do they do? Sit out the front and drink tea and chat quietly amongst themselves? Though I do congratulate them from avoiding having charges laid against them. I guess they have some self control.

This Dave bloke must think he's real tough sitting out the front of an abortion clinic having a go at women when they are at their most vulnerable. Maybe he'll graduate to harassing school kids next for holding hands with people of the same sex.

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #20 - Nov 21st, 2007 at 9:13pm

freediver wrote on Nov 21st, 2007 at 7:46pm:
Maybe I misread it - is he saying they have been out the front of the abortion clinic for 15 years? What do they do? Sit out the front and drink tea and chat quietly amongst themselves? Though I do congratulate them from avoiding having charges laid against them. I guess they have some self control.

This Dave bloke must think he's real tough sitting out the front of an abortion clinic having a go at women when they are at their most vulnerable. Maybe he'll graduate to harassing school kids next for holding hands with people of the same sex.

I expect he cares to speak out for those even more vulnerable.  Those without a voice at all.  I expect that makes him a very principled man.  But you don't care for that obviously.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #21 - Nov 22nd, 2007 at 8:52am

hear hear deepy.
If they have been there for 15 years without a charge laid, pretty ok really.

I'ld presume they are for the unborn baby, not against the troubled mum to be.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #22 - Nov 22nd, 2007 at 9:40am

I can respect people who oppose abortion and who campaign against it, but to start harassing women when they are at their most vulnerable and forcing doctors to hire security guards is just wrong. Half the women they harass are probably just there for advice anyway.

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #23 - Nov 22nd, 2007 at 6:03pm

freediver wrote on Nov 22nd, 2007 at 9:40am:
I can respect people who oppose abortion and who campaign against it, but to start harassing women when they are at their most vulnerable and forcing doctors to hire security guards is just wrong. Half the women they harass are probably just there for advice anyway.

At an abortion clinic?    What kind of advice do they give?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #24 - Nov 22nd, 2007 at 8:09pm

What the health implications of the various oiptions are - the sort of advice doctors are trained to give.

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #25 - Nov 22nd, 2007 at 10:51pm

freediver wrote on Nov 22nd, 2007 at 8:09pm:
What the health implications of the various oiptions are - the sort of advice doctors are trained to give.

So let me get this straight - you believe that doctors in abortion clinics urge women not to abort their unborn?  Why are they called abortion clinics do you think?  Why not medical centres?  And why would women seeking advice go to an abortion clinic?  I don't know of any woman who just wants pre-natal advice utilising the services of an abortion clinic.  Do you?
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2007 at 7:06am by deepthought »  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #26 - Nov 23rd, 2007 at 7:28am

So let me get this straight - you believe that doctors in abortion clinics urge women not to abort their unborn?

No Deepthought, they inform them of what their options are and what the implications of each option are. They do not try to steer patients in any one direction.

Why are they called abortion clinics do you think?

They are called plenty of things - family planning centres. If you were totally against abortion and wanted to jsutify harassing every single woman that walked through the door, you would call them abortion clinics.

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #27 - Nov 23rd, 2007 at 4:41pm

freediver wrote on Nov 23rd, 2007 at 7:28am:
So let me get this straight - you believe that doctors in abortion clinics urge women not to abort their unborn?

No Deepthought, they inform them of what their options are and what the implications of each option are. They do not try to steer patients in any one direction.

Why are they called abortion clinics do you think?

They are called plenty of things - family planning centres. If you were totally against abortion and wanted to jsutify harassing every single woman that walked through the door, you would call them abortion clinics.

So that bloody Democrat Lyn Allison is a hypocrite hey?  It was him that called it an abortion clinic when he told the news media "Family First members have been harassing women attending a Victorian abortion clinic".  Hypocritical bastard.

Tell me freediver - why don't women get advice from their own doctor then?  What purpose do 'abortion clinics' serve?  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #28 - Nov 23rd, 2007 at 4:43pm

I think that family planning clinics give free consultation on pregnancy, STD's etc, or something like that. GP's refer people to them.

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #29 - Nov 23rd, 2007 at 5:00pm

freediver wrote on Nov 23rd, 2007 at 4:43pm:
I think that family planning clinics give free consultation on pregnancy, STD's etc, or something like that. GP's refer people to them.

WHAT???????????  I know of only one woman who ever went to an abortion clinic and I have known heaps of pregnant women.  That one woman went for an abortion, not advice.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print