Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Do you support multiculturalism?

Yes. Diversity leads to unity and enrichment.    
  53 (42.7%)
No. How can disunity lead to unity?    
  53 (42.7%)
Undecided.    
  8 (6.5%)
Other.    
  10 (8.1%)

Total votes: 124
« Last Modified by: ex-member DonaldTrump on: May 2nd, 2007 at 4:28pm »

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 56
Send Topic Print
Do you support multiculturalism? If so, why? (Read 109954 times)
Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Re: Do you support multiculturalism? If so, why?
Reply #270 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 6:49pm

You're complaining that white people were excluded. Would they have been if there were white Sudanese that wanted to enter the competition?

I'd understand your concern more if it was a Black Beauty competition and white women were unable to enter, but it's not.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #271 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 7:10pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Nov 16th, 2011 at 6:49pm:
You're complaining that white people were excluded. Would they have been if there were white Sudanese that wanted to enter the competition?

I'd understand your concern more if it was a Black Beauty competition and white women were unable to enter, but it's not.  

No, not exactly.

I'm complaining that there is one set of rules for non-whites and another for whites.

I have no problem with people organising, or favouring their own people - it's a natural and universal phenomeneon.  Well, it would be universal if it weren't for the tyrannical, self-imposed ideological shackles that some influential whites have put their own people, and ONLY their own people in. 

It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favour of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion. (Quote by - William Ralph Inge)

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #272 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 7:24pm

Miss Universe Australia 2010. Look at all those black faces...

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #273 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 7:34pm

what can I say? white girls are the hottest girls on earth by popular opinion.

Anyway, the miss south sudan thing was just fresh in my mind becasue it was on this week.  Do you need another example of how non-whites are encouraged to identify as a race or culture, yet whites are forbidden to, or are you with me so far?

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #274 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 9:51pm

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #275 - Nov 17th, 2011 at 1:46pm

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2059476/35-men-rural-Brazil-sex-animal-study-finds.html#ixzz1dvlnR7Zc

Be sure to embrace the 'richness' of rural brazilian culture.
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2011 at 5:14pm by ... »  

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #276 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 6:32am

ooooh!!! someone found the dirt on Brazil.

Brazil has the 5th largest population and an annual growth of 7.5% and they love making the baby Brazillion. Watch them take over from the whitey population in the next 50 years.

Do you want to be hand maiden to nice Brazillion cane farmer?

Will they like multiculturalism.....maybe not.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #277 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 9:37am

Soren wrote on Nov 16th, 2011 at 9:51pm:
http://jambonewspot.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/miss_norway.jpg

Jeg syntes hun er en veldig vakker kvinne (smok kvinde). Er du enig med meg (mig)?

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #278 - Nov 21st, 2011 at 2:00pm

Pretty enough but she ain't Monica Hansen.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #279 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 1:42am

I support multi-culturalism.

You can't beat it - better to join it with good will. It is the only way to go

Give a hand - Show the way to those who have had nothing but death, war, horror , disease, thirst etc.!!

I support it because it enables women and children who have known nothing else to have a better life - here in Australia. For one thing.!
And I agree with another early poster, who wrote on behalf of the indigenous people of Australia, that all of us (ie immigrants) are just that.!!  Foreigners from different countries and cultures .
We have successfully built on our multi-culturalism, and only racists, paranoids and self-obsessed people can deny it - to themselves.  

I agree with an early post --  ( I read about a third of them)...hmmm can't remember now - but it was for.!!!
OH OH yeah I remember   IT SURE BEATS THE WHITE AUSTRALIA POLICY.  And as some one else said, it would sure be boring if ( MY WORDS) everyone was the same.. eating pies, watching footie  (GAG)

Then some DH goes somewhere definitely NOT relevant.
WE get  bestiality stats  Roll Eyes  from another country.  WHAT THE ...???
Wasn't the topic / poll about multi-culturalism??
Well !!! the ex -member - has certainly provided a forum for hatred.!

AND THEN
Then I read these latest posts, where the posts have become sexual prejudice, not just racism.

So - I have to make this comment

I'd say it's a given - if you are racist you are sexist as well.
And it works the other way too -  if you're sexist you're racist as well.  THINK ABOUT IT.!!

YOU see ??? it is a mindset. !! A very defensive insular fearful mindset.!!  IMO. Smiley Tongue

Something I came to see and learn about after coming to live in Australia.  ( I was a child at the time.)

If they aren't in stubbies and Bond's they're a wog.!!
Or a sheila !!!  

Wipe your dangly bits creeps - those pics of 'beauty queen contestants' put up, and the following comments - in this context- is pathetic. Shame on you - tiny minds.!! Think its funny??? NOT!

Of course this is page 19 - guess you got tired of the topic. Find somewhere else then. Cool

live every day

IP Logged

Bob Miller

Australian Politics

Reply #280 - Nov 27th, 2011 at 9:31pm

Weighing its Pros and Cons, I am also for multi-culturalism.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #281 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 6:18pm

Bob Miller wrote on Nov 27th, 2011 at 9:31pm:

You must really like foreign cuisine.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #282 - Nov 30th, 2011 at 10:10am

Emma wrote on Nov 22nd, 2011 at 1:42am:
I support multi-culturalism.

You can't beat it - better to join it with good will. It is the only way to go

Give a hand - Show the way to those who have had nothing but death, war, horror , disease, thirst etc.!!

I support it because it enables women and children who have known nothing else to have a better life

A better life for them is possible precisely when you say NO to their cultural practices:

[url]More than three thousand London girls are at risk of genital mutilation every year, experts warned today.[/url]

The report by black and ethnic minority women's organisation Imkaan found that in the city 3,500 baby girls are born every year to mothers who have suffered female genital mutilation, and therefore are at risk themselves. This is an increase of 65 per cent in 10 years.

Imkaan is calling for all school teachers to be trained to help girls who are facing violence and is calling on David Cameron to tackle the issue.

Marai Larasi, director of Imkaan, said: "It is not acceptable that in 2011 many girls and women living in Britain face extreme, violent threats to their safety and even to their lives. These issues are neglected because of fears of being labelled at best culturally insensitive and at worst racist.

"There would be outrage and a national scandal if this were happening to little white girls. Every girl should be protected, no matter her background."

The report's authors said girls from African families, as well as Afghan, Turkish, South Asian, Kurdish, Arab and Irish traveller families are among those who could be at risk, and stressed that education for health professionals is needed to tackle "a dangerous postcode lottery of support services for girls and women should they try to find help".

The report also noted that hundreds of women could fall victim to forced marriage every year. The Forced Marriage Unit dealt with 330 cases of women and girls at risk of forced marriage in London last year.
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-24014977-3500-girls-are-at-risk-o...

These girls an women, for eaxample, suffer exactly because of multiculturalism, exactly because of the completely misdirected 'sensitivity' about their barbaric, primitive cultural practices. Nobody is game enough to tell them straight: your cultural practices are unacceptable in a civilised country because their men and usuful idiot apologists would immediately get on the racism bandwagon and would brand their cultural critics racists.

If this was happening to white girls, we would wipe out the practice and condemn the practitioners as guilty of gross child abuse. But as this is a practice by tinted people from different 'cultures' (ie backward places and mindsets), we can say anything but that it is a morally inferior, primitive and unacceptable child abuse. Saying that is branded immediately as racist and insenitive.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #283 - Nov 30th, 2011 at 11:17am

... wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 6:18pm:

Well, I like foreign cuisine......and I quite like a lot of foreign born people and their Australian born children too....

I've found that a large number of immigrants are friendly, and go out of their way to learn about our customs and culture....

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #284 - Nov 30th, 2011 at 11:29am

gizmo_2655 wrote on Nov 30th, 2011 at 11:17am:
... wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 6:18pm:

Well, I like foreign cuisine......and I quite like a lot of foreign born people and their Australian born children too....

I've found that a large number of immigrants are friendly, and go out of their way to learn about our customs and culture....

Of course you like foreign cuisine - how could anyone with a straight face say they don't like 'foreign' food?  

But of course you will be aware that a policy of multiculturalism is not a pre-requisite for foreigners or foreign expertise to enter these shores.  The problem is that the issue is (intentionally) framed  wrong.  It's not like the only alternative to multiculturalism is having a 100% monocultural/monoracial society.  Migrants of all colours are free to come, but they are encouraged to assimilate ie "go out of their way to learn about our customs and culture" - exactly like the greeks, italians, vietnamese that multicult-boosters use to bolster their case were.  

So what would you rather - a collection of tribes, or a coherent, unified culture, whoever it may comprise of?  THAT is the real underlying question.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 56
Send Topic Print