Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Newbie (Read 3162 times)
Glen

OzPolitic

Apr 27th, 2007 at 9:49pm

Hey all Grin

I'm new, hope I'm doing my intro in the right spot.

I found this link on another board. Seems like a cool place you've got here!

Debate & Relate where I post is very right heavy. It's well run I admit, but they don't do enough to mod the debate. So we have a white guy using the word "boong" to a guy who's a known aboriginie, and nothing gets done. Makes my blood boil.  Angry

Anyway, my name is glen, and I'm anti Howard, think Rudd is pretty cool, and I'm in to reconcilliation. Oh yeah, I live in Melbourne,and I'm a reservations manager for a 5 star hotel in the CBD.

Nice to be here. Viva la revolution!

Glen

&&

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Re: Newbie
Reply #1 - Apr 28th, 2007 at 7:55am

Glen wrote on Apr 27th, 2007 at 9:49pm:
Hey all Grin

Debate & Relate where I post is very right heavy. It's well run I admit, but they don't do enough to mod the debate. So we have a white guy using the word "boong" to a guy who's a known aboriginie, and nothing gets done. Makes my blood boil.  Angry

Anyway, my name is glen, and I'm anti Howard, think Rudd is pretty cool, and I'm in to reconcilliation. Oh yeah, I live in Melbourne,and I'm a reservations manager for a 5 star hotel in the CBD.

Glen

Hey fastestdraw, welcome aboard - I came here after seeing a link on D & R too.   I'm a rightie but I don't get involved in most of the discussions there - I try to stick to politics as most people can't seem to control their violent agression about every other subject over there.   Though even on politics I have been soundly abused for having the nerve to voice my opinion.

IP Logged

oceans_blue
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2007 at 8:06am

Hello fastestdraw,

Welcome to Ozpolitics-  Ive been here for a couple of months and its not  bad place to be.

The word 'boong' and 'coon' are very derogatory terms - I agree with you.

cheers Ocean Blue

IP Logged

oceans_blue
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 28th, 2007 at 8:07am

Deepthought,

Welcome again-- Smiley

IP Logged

Nicole Page

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Apr 28th, 2007 at 7:40pm

deepthought wrote on Apr 28th, 2007 at 7:55am:
Hey all Grin

Glen

Hey fastestdraw, welcome aboard - I came here after seeing a link on D & R too.   I'm a rightie but I don't get involved in most of the discussions there - I try to stick to politics as most people can't seem to control their violent agression about every other subject over there.   Though even on politics I have been soundly abused for having the nerve to voice my opinion.

Hiya Deep! Wink

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #5 - Apr 28th, 2007 at 7:47pm

Nicole Page wrote on Apr 28th, 2007 at 7:40pm:
deepthought wrote on Apr 28th, 2007 at 7:55am:
Hey all Grin

Glen

Hey fastestdraw, welcome aboard - I came here after seeing a link on D & R too.   I'm a rightie but I don't get involved in most of the discussions there - I try to stick to politics as most people can't seem to control their violent agression about every other subject over there.   Though even on politics I have been soundly abused for having the nerve to voice my opinion.

Hiya Deep! Wink

Hey Nicole.    What you doing here?    Don't I keep you entertained enough at D & R?    Smiley

I'll have to be funnier.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Dec 30th, 2023 at 7:05pm

Sorry I'm late guys.
Hi from me as well.

Don't know about Boong, Coon, Koori and other Abo names.
But I do like 'Cheer' mob, as if they've stolen something from White people, eh?

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Dec 31st, 2023 at 10:31am

Hey all Grin

Glen

Grin Grin Grin Grin you must like your blood boiled?

same is going to happen here...

take a number & a chair ..... first turn left Grin

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #8 - Jan 1st, 2024 at 11:06am

Jasin wrote on Dec 30th, 2023 at 7:05pm:
Sorry I'm late guys.
Hi from me as well.

But I do like 'Cheer' mob, as if they've stolen something from White people, eh?

... the right to peaceful co-existence ... I want the popcorn franchise for Australia Day.... and the lead-up ... and just when the good will between Cheers and Snowflakes and Yellows and Ultra-whites and Browns and Outright Joongle Boonnies was getting into stride - along comes that silly voice and now the voice by stealth with all the giving and hand-overs of The Twenty Six Pages That Never Existed according to Albo proceeding at a light speed pace...

.... and now..... from the Heart of Australia...... a New Year Special..... twenty six hits for the price of one.......... we bring you......

https://www.skynews.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/Document-14-1.pdf

Come on, guys - which one of you owns all this lot???  Gotta be that sheila Lefty typing at light speed and trying to bombast her way to Berlin again... a target-rich environment again ....

Jesus - Day One and here we go - kicked out for corruption, lies and bent dealing with their own people - and here twenty years later it's the fault of the bi-partisan booters-out.... and the dorks on their mobiles and online will actually believe this... I love it - if the GOD (Government Of Day) hadn't gotten rid of a corrupt body, there would never have been a voice referendum to throw stones at .... true story:-

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/how-2003-decision-helped-lay-foundation...

« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2024 at 11:18am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #9 - Jan 1st, 2024 at 11:48pm

Jasin wrote on Dec 30th, 2023 at 7:05pm:
Sorry I'm late guys.
Hi from me as well.

Really?  Alice Springs spring to mind? None so blind.... the ABC had a 'rap group' turning good music into sewerage, and the lyrics were all about being at war with Whitey.... I was going to add an Abo flag to an Oz Flag for Oz Day - but when I came across one that said "Proud and Deadly" I fell apart laughing...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print