Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
History, geograhy and economics back (Read 1896 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
History, geograhy and economics back
Apr 24th, 2007 at 11:35am

This seems like a good idea to me. You have to elarn the fundamentals before the specifics.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/States-move-away-from-sad-curriculums/2007/04/24/1177180600594.html

The traditional school subjects history, geography and economics will return to a national school curriculum agreed upon by all state and territory governments, The Australian newspaper reports.

A report on the future of schooling outlines plans for the three subjects to replace subjects such as environmental and legal studies.

The plan commits the governments to refocus the catch-all subject, Studies of Society and Environment (SOSE), which has been overtaken with modern topics over traditional subjects, the newspaper says.

"Studies of Society and Environment has been criticised by a number of commentators, partly because its focus is not clear from the label," the report says. "It has become increasingly clear that what should be studied under this label are the disciplines of history, geography and economics."

Return to traditional lessons 'sensible'

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Return-to-traditional-lessons-sensible/2007/04/24/1177180617905.html
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2007 at 3:54pm by freediver »  

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Re: History, geograhy and economics back
Reply #1 - Apr 25th, 2007 at 3:25pm

What great news.  Smiley

I really hated the 'new-age' idea of 'SOSE.' Whoever thought of it was an idiot.

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print