Send Topic Print
Oceans blue poll (Read 5681 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Oceans blue poll
Reply #15 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 11:47am

Regardless of the state of Christianity these days, our society is based on Christian ethics and morals of honesty, charity, and caring about others, including not beheading or burning Unbelievers/Heretics or stoning alleged adultresses, and allowing a far higher standard of proof, even back to Mosaic Law, which stipulated that if you did not directly see it, you had nothing to say about it ......

Still needs some work, but still...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #16 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 11:52am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 2nd, 2019 at 11:47am:
Regardless of the state of Christianity these days, our society is based on Christian ethics and morals of honesty, charity, and caring about others, including not beheading or burning Unbelievers/Heretics or stoning alleged adultresses, and allowing a far higher standard of proof, even back to Mosaic Law, which stipulated that if you did not directly see it, you had nothing to say about it ......

Yes, but if Christians don't have Moslems and Jews around to blame.
They revert to the same behaviour via Catholicism and Protestantism.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #17 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 2:34pm

Jasin wrote on Feb 2nd, 2019 at 11:52am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 2nd, 2019 at 11:47am:

Yes, but if Christians don't have Moslems and Jews around to blame.
They revert to the same behaviour via Catholicism and Protestantism.

Taigs and Prods no longer burn one another at the stake... pretty quiet these days....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

BigP
Gold Member

Australian Politics

West Auckland
Reply #18 - Feb 7th, 2019 at 11:35am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Apr 1st, 2007 at 1:27am:
[This was commenced in Chat, years ago, and dredged up by JaSin early Feb/late Jan 2019.  FD moved it here around Noon on the 3rd Feb 2019.  Mod.]

Sure Oceans, run a poll.
Freedom of speech and democracy are valuable to me.
If I am voted off democratically, I'll go and not come back.

It was my error to post spiritual things in the general forum.
I thought that meant general topics, as in anything in general, not as in general political stuff.

If my being here is keeping others away, I should go.

It'll be exciting.   Wink

The word of your gospel has spread brother Sprint, I am here to see the messiah, Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print