Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Oceans blue poll (Read 5680 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Oceans blue poll
Apr 1st, 2007 at 1:27am

[This was commenced in Chat, years ago, and dredged up by JaSin early Feb/late Jan 2019.  FD moved it here around Noon on the 3rd Feb 2019.  Mod.]

Sure Oceans, run a poll.
Freedom of speech and democracy are valuable to me.
If I am voted off democratically, I'll go and not come back.

It was my error to post spiritual things in the general forum.
I thought that meant general topics, as in anything in general, not as in general political stuff.

If my being here is keeping others away, I should go.

It'll be exciting.   Wink

« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2019 at 12:19pm by Mod. »  

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Oceans blue poll
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2007 at 12:11pm

go on, post the poll

IP Logged

AUShole

OzPolitic

WA
Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2007 at 2:21pm

The reason the boards have become stagnant is beause of petty bickerings such as yours, and has nothing to do with religion.

This site had the opportunity to do great things. Due to mismanagement (not applying appropriate controls to posts, and allowing debate to move away from politics) it has driven away any person believing there is anything of value to discuss.

IP Logged

oceans_blue
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2007 at 4:14pm

Read 159 times)  
Aussie Nationalist

Gold Member

Proud to be an
Athiest

Mar 25th, 2007, 12:44pm    Is this site under invasion by bible bashing christians? seems that way. A few of the subjects have been infected by religious dribble.   "
------------------------------

Re: Bible Bashers.
Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2007, 2:47pm    Again - I agree with you AN.  It's changed dramatically recently.

Freediver needs to start a new board for Religion,  Bigotry and Racism.

-----------------------

OzPolitic

Re: Bible Bashers.
Reply #5 - Mar 25th, 2007, 11:29pm    Bible bashers !!! Here !!!!!!!!!!
Who ????
Can't be me, not read any of mine for HOURS now !!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA  ..

---

a thread was started to discuss the irritation of religious dribble and it attracted  attention by like minded pple..

I have had pple email me personally saying how aggravated they are by it..

So Aus hole speak for yourself...I wont be drawn into bickering with you.
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2007 at 4:20pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

AUShole

OzPolitic

WA
Reply #4 - Apr 1st, 2007 at 4:43pm

Where is the thread?

No one seems to be complaining about the religious intolerance of Muslims that is accepted on this forum. Is it because there are none here to defend themselves? Why is it so aggravating for someone to preach christian beliefs? We do live in a christian society, after all.

My point is, what does it have to do with politics? Nothing!

IP Logged

oceans_blue
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 1st, 2007 at 8:48pm

Do we live in a christian society Aushole?  I beg to differ..and now I see why you are badgering me.

YOU are a bible basher!

Christainity has been fast diminishing  for a good many years now..the ONE thing that has seen hoards of pple shun it IS the hypoctrits and fanatics...and downright bigotry of off so called christians. Christians I tolerate..that does not mean I want them to convert me thank you very much.

The Muslim topics are at least politically relevant wether we agree or not..

Take your cr ap and shove it where the sun dont shine!!!!!

Christians give themselves a bad name- they only have themselves to blame.They are 2 faced and do not practice what they preach in my experinece. Some of the worst sins imaginable are committed in the name of religion.

tel it to someone who cares Aus hole.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Apr 1st, 2007 at 10:37pm

Oceans - this certainly IS a christian society.  As is America, England, New Zealand, Europe, Germany.

By number, christianity is the fastest growing belief currently.
So, you just want us christians to be "nice", quiet, shut up and sit down ??? HAHHAHAHHA

You do not listen to us christians. When Jesus is mentioned, we get attacked by all and sundry.
When Jesus is mentioned, people are convicted of their sins, remined of their mortality and the "pointlessness" of living a material life.
No wonder there is an uproar. Jesus name means something.
As a christian, I know I sin. I know I make mistakes. That is not a problem. I apologise.  I try to improve.
When others verbally have a go, I either reply or "turn the other cheek".

You are right, some of the worst sins are committed in the name of religion.
Everyone dislikes religion. I do. You do. Jesus does.

My concordance shows the word  "spirit" (or a derivation of it, eg spirits, spiritual) is in the bible 533 times. The word religion (and derivations) is there 11 times, normally in a bad connotation.

Guess what we are meant to be ?

I am a Bible basher !!  Smiley

IP Logged

oceans_blue
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Apr 2nd, 2007 at 5:06pm

sprint-

in your own words..' HAHHAHAHHA '

now go start a political topic  somwhere. Wink

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 3:22am

Sprint was a good Christian Sex Addict by the look of all of his early posts and topics way back when

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #9 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 8:01am

I don't mind which Prophet, Messiah or Swami you follow, but I make a mental note of Forumites who make claims of cosmic knowledge, it voids any worth of their opinion. A ratbag is a ratbag, no matter how they deploy their pseudo-objectivity.

Those claims of cosmic knowledge are not always direct, they are sometimes asides inferring cosmic knowledge used to support arguments. Either way, the person dissolves their own credibility.

If a person thinks they have special esoteric knowledge, they need to grow up, face life without their mental crutch, and stop insulting the rest of humanity.
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2019 at 9:12am by issuevoter »  

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #10 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 9:37am

AUShole wrote on Apr 1st, 2007 at 2:21pm:
The reason the boards have become stagnant is because of petty bickerings such as yours, and has nothing to do with religion.

This site had the opportunity to do great things. Due to mismanagement (not applying appropriate controls to posts, and allowing debate to move away from politics) it has driven away any person believing there is anything of value to discuss.

Its as if this post was made today, not 12 years ago  Grin

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 9:51am

The_Barnacle wrote on Feb 2nd, 2019 at 9:37am:
AUShole wrote on Apr 1st, 2007 at 2:21pm:
The reason the boards have become stagnant is because of petty bickerings such as yours, and has nothing to do with religion.

Its as if this post was made today, not 12 years ago  Grin

well they say life is a circle  barny   and this place is a very good example...

I wasnt here in 2007 or maybe just around then it was when yahoo closed down  and yes I am one of those intruders...I think my name was codswal at yahoo   i have forgotten it all...

but as we can see nothing changes much   its all about the quality of the membership...

why the good guys get driven away is sad really   its a giving in mentality.... 

its up to the individual  to stand up for himself.....dont expect the gmods to do it for you......that is beyond them 

those that do the usual trolling are beyond help lets face it  its a new word for bullying thats all

....all you can do is IGNORE those who do it..... they have no conscience or empathy...so pretend they dont exist....hard to do i grant you... but the way HERB was driven off the forum  was disgraceful  to my knowledge  he is no longer with us....but I have never seen one post regretting what they did........it tells me a lot about the hearts of people I mean! these people we are led to believe are ADULTS... Sad Sad Sad  sadly I dont believe it...

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 10:04am

Watching the Drum the other day and a guest to Adam was discussing her 'Troll Attacks' against her.
Being a Journo - she 'investigated' how these Trolls 'knew' things about her?
In the USA - there are TROLL 'empires': organised Troll Rings that actually have 'membership' and they use everything at their disposal to hurt you.
They find out where you live, where you work, your email addresses - everything and anything... to make your life a hell.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 10:06am

the internet  has brought them all out jasin I think we are aware there are many cruel people out there...but they can be blocked  the laws are changing  and hopefully one day the internet will be a safe place until then   DONT LET THE ARSEHOLES WIN   thats what I say,.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 10:40am

cods wrote on Feb 2nd, 2019 at 10:06am:
the internet  has brought them all out jasin I think we are aware there are many cruel people out there...but they can be blocked  the laws are changing  and hopefully one day the internet will be a safe place until then   DONT LET THE ARSEHOLES WIN   thats what I say,.

They will have to shut down Monk's then.
Poor Aussie will have no-where to live and we will have to let him stay with Andrei-Hicks in the dumpster.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print