Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Couple sentenced for teaching about sex (Read 7697 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Couple sentenced for teaching about sex
Mar 20th, 2007 at 11:16am

Is this a case of child welfare going too far? I was under the impression that this was normal in some cultures.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/World/Couple-sentenced-for-teaching-about-sex/2007/03/20/1174153022978.html

A US mother and her boyfriend who had sex in front of the woman's nine-year-old daughter to teach the girl about the act were sentenced to three years probation.

During an investigation by the state child welfare authorities, David Prata, 33, said he and Rebecca Arnold, 36, had sex "all the time" in front of the child and that "we don't believe in hiding anything." He told an investigator they did not forced the girl to watch.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Re: Couple sentenced for teaching about sex
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2007 at 11:20am

what do u mean by "normal in some cultures"?

what cultures are okay with letting ur own daughter watch you while ur having sex?

IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2007 at 11:17pm

IT IS WRONG. its a form of child abuse.

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #3 - Mar 21st, 2007 at 1:42am

Quote:
A US mother and her boyfriend who had sex in front of the woman's nine-year-old daughter to teach the girl about the act were sentenced to three years probation.

That's more disgusting than the fat lady from amazing medical stories the other night.

Quote:
I was under the impression that this was normal in some cultures.

Oh... so if it's part of another culture, freediver, that automatically makes it 'acceptable' does it?
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2007 at 2:10am by ex-member DonaldTrump »  

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #4 - Mar 21st, 2007 at 9:42am

No, but it does mean it's probably not as bad for the child as one would assume.

IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Reply #5 - Mar 21st, 2007 at 9:49am

i don't think any culture would accept having sex in front of children.

in conservative cultures (e.g. Asia, Middle East), sex is quite a taboo topic and is rarely discussed or shown publicly. the whole concept "of get a room" is the common approach.

on the other side of the spectrum, the most liberal countries (e.g. Holland), sex is front of children is a big no-no. the most these countries would go is to discuss sex openly, but not perform it in front of children.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #6 - Mar 21st, 2007 at 10:38am

Quote:
That's more disgusting than the fat lady from amazing medical stories the other night

That was disgusting - why she didn't cover herself a bit is beyond me.  It's a wonder her "gay" husband put up with it for so long.

As far as sex in front of the children - it would only happen in the US.  All sorts of perverted and sick activities take place there and it seems the more bizarre the more entertained the audience are.  Jerry Springer comes to mind.

The mother and her boyfriend should have been imprisoned for years, not a lousy 3 years probation - that was sexual abuse and indecency and will no doubt affect the child emotionally.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Mar 21st, 2007 at 10:49am

What do eskimos do when they want a shag on a cold night? Make their children wait outside in the blizzard?

IP Logged

skeptic

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Mar 21st, 2007 at 11:43am

freediver wrote on Mar 21st, 2007 at 10:49am:
What do eskimos do when they want a shag on a cold night? Make their children wait outside in the blizzard?

people assume that eskimos live in small igloos that are only one room, but those smaller igloos are typically used by hunters who are travelling on their own.

larger igloos that have families are made up of several rooms, whereby they have several small igloos nearby eachother which are then linked by tunnels.

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #9 - Mar 21st, 2007 at 8:15pm

Quote:
that was disgusting - why she didn't cover herself a bit is beyond me.  It's a wonder her "gay" husband put up with it for so long.

Haha. You saw that too hey?   Grin

Yeah... I couldn't eat my dinner after I saw that. What's beyond me though ... is how anyone can let that happen to themselves. I mean seriously, did she not have a mirror or notice that she couldn't see her feet anymore? What an idiot.

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #10 - Mar 21st, 2007 at 9:21pm

DT - she obviously had mental problems - but to lie there in that state naked chatting away to the camera showed she didn't care what people thought.

It could only happen in the US where people grow so huge that they have to smash down walls, use cranes and trucks to transport them to hospital.

You have to wonder if they can't work - how can they afford to eat so much and who would fetch them all that food.  Some of them don't have baths or go to the loo for years - and the strain their bodies must be under - how do they live for so long? 

IP Logged

enviro

Taking Out The Trash

Weethalle NSW
Reply #11 - Mar 24th, 2007 at 5:26pm

freediver wrote on Mar 21st, 2007 at 10:49am:

Now your grasping at straws freediver  Grin

The child will be traumatised for life and will probably end up being frigid in her later life. These are sick and perverted people. As for CULTURES - I suppose you agree that all cultures are right? Based on that you must support Islam if you think all cultures are right.

SNAP OUT OF IT

Shocked

IP Logged

i agree(Guest)

Reply #12 - Mar 24th, 2007 at 5:31pm

It is a form of abuse tio subject a 9 yr old girl to that .
It is disgusting and perverted and 5 yrs behind bars would have been appropritae providing the girl had safe and adequate care.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Nov 30th, 2019 at 9:42pm

Many cultures have forever had children witness their adults have sex.
Stuck in Yurts, Igloos, Teepees, British Hovels, Kraals and more.
For centuries the kids would live in the same little room or two of their family house-hold. The oldest child would have good knowledge of how his/her younger siblings came about.

This is why they had initiation ceremonies that 'allowed' the kids to become adults so that they marry and do the same.
It was the simplest way of Sex Education.

Not the type of today where a 'Frigid' style of education is made.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Dec 1st, 2019 at 6:52am

Are you in this classroom?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print