Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Banks .. do we need them.? (Read 3534 times)
auzgurl
Ex Member

Banks .. do we need them.?
Mar 18th, 2007 at 8:46am

Banks have changed so much over the years.

Once we could have a bank BOOK!!! how long since anyone has heard of a bank book? We could actually EARN interest and our savings would grow. The banks paid us for using our money..now they punish us for having an account with them.Bank fees are hideous and sneaky!! We pay fees for having fees. We pay fees for using a atm and not a teller,  we are being charged in oredr the banks save money for not employing tellers..

It never seems to end. The bank can 'acciedentally' take your money and you never see it again..200 dollars, happened to me recently..sorry we cant find it..to bad>

What is it with banks..They think they have us over a barrel..We HAVE to use banks therfore they dont have to treat us with respect and couresy.?

They no longer value the custom of its clients.

Banks to me are repugnant-I hate them

IP Logged

auzgurl
Ex Member

Re: Banks .. do we need them.?
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2007 at 9:03am

If we dont need them anymore, what would take theyre palce..Ive heard of a TAB account and a lot of pple use this instead of an account with a bank..anyone know how this account works?

IP Logged

zoso
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Mar 18th, 2007 at 10:10am

I think one reason banks hit you up so bad is because they want you to use the internet, net banking is cheap as chips. Eftpos fees are a bit of a joke but there are ways around them, you can get a debit card that works over the free visa network for example, then you just use it as though it were a credit card.

Also, if you aren't accruing interest on your savings then you need to shop around. ING is a good bank, zero fees and 6.25% interest at the moment (something around that mark). Its not a traditional bank account per se, you have to have it linked to an existing one and its internet only, takes a day to make a transaction, but for savings its perfect. Most banks offer high interest savings accounts these days.

Banks may seem like criminals but they facilitate a lot of large scale finance for personal and business purposes.

IP Logged

auzgurl
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 18th, 2007 at 12:28pm

I wouldnt touch internet banking its not secure...

IP Logged

zoso
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Mar 18th, 2007 at 1:59pm

Quote:
I wouldnt touch internet banking its not secure...

I have been using internet banking solidly since 2002, never had a problem. Its very secure! Your computer may not be secure but that has nothing to do with the banking software. Security has been increased hugely many times over the years and more people get scammed with their credit cards than net bank. I couldn't imagine life without it any more! But thats ok, high interest earnings and low fees for me Smiley

You can't have it both ways, you want face to face traditional banking you get high fees due to labour costs. You want low fees then you use the more efficient automated system.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - Mar 19th, 2007 at 10:48am

You cannot expect the banks to pay people's wages so they can talk to people in person when they only make 10c a week of their account. They are not a free service. You should have to pay for them. Shop around. Citibank is good - similar to ING. I never pay bank fees at all.

I think people just got it into their heads that banks were a free service because the commonwealth bank was government owned. Now they are having trouble adjusting to the idea that banks are just like any other business. They are having trouble adjusting to the idea that they need to shop around for a good priced service just like they do with everything else. Sure some banks are making a killing because people haven't realised this and they are charging them through the roof. But that is the customer's fault. If you want someone to talk to at the bank and you want to do everything via a bank book, then pay for that service.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Dec 8th, 2019 at 4:06am

You should see them now Auzgurl  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Dec 8th, 2019 at 5:52am

Jasin wrote on Dec 8th, 2019 at 4:06am:

Slow night? or bored? or both?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #8 - Dec 8th, 2019 at 7:37am

Quote:
Banks .. do we need them.?

Putting you money under the mattress is only marginally more secure and only pays slightly more interest when charges are considered.

Banks provide valuable employment for corrupt dishonest upper management teams. Without banks these people would have to go into car sales or politics. We need more people like SloMo in politics like a hole in the head.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Dec 8th, 2019 at 8:00am

You unaware that Auzgurl is Agnes?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #10 - Dec 8th, 2019 at 8:04am

Aussie wrote on Dec 8th, 2019 at 8:00am:

You sure ?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Dec 8th, 2019 at 8:07am

Dnarever wrote on Dec 8th, 2019 at 8:04am:
Aussie wrote on Dec 8th, 2019 at 8:00am:

You sure ?

I am sure that Agnes has said that she used the name Auzgurl here.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #12 - Dec 8th, 2019 at 8:26am

The only way to control banks is to have a government bank run by the government.

Like we did with the commonwealth bank (CB), then when the RBA passes a rate decrease the CB would pass it on verbatim no questions asked.

So I ask you all who would you bank with.....???

But of course the oligarchy the 1% the elite will not have a bar of that.

They have spread the rumour that if the government has a national bank it is considered communist and we have eaten it up hook line and sinker.

Was a Australia a communist country when our government owned the Commonwealth Bank.....??

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Dec 8th, 2019 at 9:17am

Gnads wrote on Dec 8th, 2019 at 5:52am:

Slow night? or bored? or both?

In the wee hours, I perform resurrection ceremonies of data in a nanosecond of my
HAL 9000
capacity.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #14 - Dec 8th, 2019 at 9:18am

Deutsche Bank Meltdown $250 Trillion Debt -- Be Ready For Economic Collapse & Stock Market Crash

Deutsche Bank Kaputt ! $250 Trillion Debt -Be Ready For Economic Collapse & Stock Market Crash  4K
Rumors have it that Deutsche Bank is the zombie bank causing the Fed's repo market crisis.
If Deutsche Bank goes down, it all goes down. It's like a house of cards.
Because it is heavily interlinked via derivatives with the big banks on Wall Street, including JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and Bank of America.
It has become a dark cloud on the horizon.
In the same way, Citigroup cast a negative pall in the early days of the financial crisis of 2008.
Europe's biggest investment bank, Deutsche Bank, is in deep trouble.
If it becomes real, it will be the end of the financial system as we know it.
Deutsche Bank could not fail without causing a domino effect and taking with it the whole system with $250 Trillion Debt.

Welcome to The Atlantis Report.

Deutsche Bank is the largest bank in Germany is, and in the E.U.
Deutsche Bank was founded 149 years ago in March 1870 in Germany, it operates in 58 countries and had 89,958 employees in Q3 2019.
Deutsche Bank bank is the 17 largest bank in the world with 1.5 Trillion in assets.
Its stock has been nose-diving in recent years. It laid off 20,000 employees.
It appears that it is getting close to being a zombie bank.
The bank, however, has 45 trillion dollars in derivatives, and these appear to be densely interconnected to U.S. banks.
European banks and financial institutions are quite fragile–given the trillions in non-performing loans, negative rates, etc.
Along with individual emerging market economies' sovereign debt (and dollarized corporate debt) loads Argentina, Turkey, etc.
India's shadow banks leverage and NPLs, and China's debt, Europe banks may prove the next locus of the global financial crisis on the agenda.
That more general financial fragility (and thus instability) would undoubtedly raise the probability of Deutschebank repeating the role of Lehman in the next crisis.
In short, you can't evaluate Deutschebank just in relation to its (and its counterparties) derivatives exposure. Contagion will not occur only within a specific subset of the banking system; it will soon spread via expectations to other sectors of the credit system (as it did in 2008), and that will quickly feedback negatively on the Deutschebank-partners derivatives exposure condition.

The banking sector is having a rough time.
According to the McKinsey Report, One in Three Banks Threatened to Disappear in the Coming Months.
There have been a weakness signal months ago when Deutsche Bank has been reducing its working force by 18,000 since July according to a CNN report.

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print