Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Re: Parent Registration
Reply #15 - Mar 11th, 2007 at 3:54pm

Quote:
DT,

I would hardly say that endemic child abuse whereby parents starve, beat, sexually molest or kill their children can be attributed to sheer ignorance. It is another problem entirely. And no, regulating who can procreate will in no way help in this regard, it will only plunge our already overly regulated society into a legal and bureaucratic quagmire whereby unless something is explicitly sanctioned, it is illegal. Just to be on the safe side and for your own good etc etc etc I mean we are just so incapable of running our own lives and need others to run it for us and treat us all like toddlers in a playground *note sarcasm"
------------------------

I would say that thatstexcatly what it is..for the most part Donald and Im not being sarcastic..If one doesn,t know not to sexually abuse, beat, starve or feed a child, if not ignorance about human right s then WHAT is it?

I think we do better when we KNOW better.

Noone likes to be regulated but in some cases its neccessary..and who can say who should and shouldnt.

Do child abusers have a certain look?

Regulate the Aboriginals by all means, but not for Australians.

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

auzgurl
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Mar 11th, 2007 at 3:58pm

Donald,

now you are showing your bias and lack of knowledge re Abl pple..again!!

Most beat ups and newsworthy cases DO NOT come from the black community...they come from the white commnuity in general..This is not a racial arguement so Id thank you NOT to make it one..This is a community problem

Why do you start on Aborigines all the time Trump?
Are you racist? Are you a white Australian?...You offend me when you start this cr-ap. Angry

What is your race Trump..?
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2007 at 6:12pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #17 - Mar 12th, 2007 at 3:16pm

You cannot test for the ability to raise children because everyone is capable of raising children. All you would end up doing is imposing unnecessary red tape, or worse, imposing arbitrary restrictions that resemble Eugenics. You would effectivley place an IQ limit, a wealth limit, a narrow set of values or some other morally reprehensible restriction on people.

Docs are such a dismal failure we all know and this would ensure Docs never become a neccesity..that theree would be help for those who need it.

If we can't get DOCS to work then how is a bureaucracy charged with taking away people's right to procreate going to be any more help? It would be worse then DOCS, not better.

wether it is fair on the child they do just do-because it is theyre "god given right to do so'

I don't think anyone has children just as an exercise in civil rights.

should nt we think more carefully before bringing children into a world where condtions ar way below the ideals that a child needs to be loved and thrive.

Given that our society is giving birth at well below the replacement level I'd say that people are thinking more about it.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #18 - Apr 28th, 2019 at 10:19pm

Quote:

After things we,ve all seen and heard in the media, I think parents should have to register to become parents and pass a stringent test to have the essential requirement s to go ahead and have children. I dont think we have an inherent right to have kids...its not god given.

There is so much violence and neglect of our children i believe we should have to have a license and pass a test , updated regularly to give us the right to have sole care and responsibilty of our most precious resource, the next generation.  

We are not given a manual on how to take care of and how to raise kids..especially young girls/women who get pregnant and neglect their offspring.

We have to sit and update driving tests ..so why not?

I agree. In an over-populated world - having Children should be a 'privilege' not a right.

In 'over-indulgent' nations - you have to be certified to indulge yourself in many recreational activities that require responsibility.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Apr 29th, 2019 at 3:19pm

Quote:
Tommy six..

You see nothing morally and ethicaly wrong with parents who beat,abuse and starve theyre children to death in some cases?

As long as we have OUR civil rights upheld thats the main thing is it?What about the right of the child to safe and cared for..

Some of the things that damage children is just thru pure ignorance and the 'parent' didnt know any better..training would have helped the parent cope and the child to live a happy life and in a lot of cases make it to adulthood..

A lot of truth in what Boof said.

We could educate teenagers in school ..would be a good start I think.

Educate? They're not educatable.

Today's news.... teachers are quitting because of bully parents who are always confrontational when it comes to problems with their children education or behaviour- their children can do no wrong .... and like their children they the parents have a sad lack of or no discipline and respect.

All you are advocating is more regulation and policing for a matter that has adequate laws and the simple requirement of a tad of decency and common sense.

Decent people know right from wrong, those that don't get dealt with by the system as is.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Apr 29th, 2019 at 3:24pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 28th, 2019 at 10:19pm:
Quote:

After things we,ve all seen and heard in the media, I think parents should have to register to become parents and pass a stringent test to have the essential requirement s to go ahead and have children. I dont think we have an inherent right to have kids...its not god given.

There is so much violence and neglect of our children i believe we should have to have a license and pass a test , updated regularly to give us the right to have sole care and responsibilty of our most precious resource, the next generation.  

We are not given a manual on how to take care of and how to raise kids..especially young girls/women who get pregnant and neglect their offspring.

We have to sit and update driving tests ..so why not?

I agree. In an over-populated world - having Children should be a 'privilege' not a right.

In 'over-indulgent' nations - you have to be certified to indulge yourself in many recreational activities that require responsibility.

To all but our ferals making the decision to have children is a big step and responsibility.

It cannot be made light of.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print