Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is Ozpolitic biased? (Read 3229 times)
AUShole

OzPolitic

WA
Is Ozpolitic biased?
Mar 3rd, 2007 at 4:20pm

Does Ozpolitic aim to be unbiased and politically independent? If so, why does the Australia Peoples Party get a prominent link on the menu bar, plus substantial space to outline its policies, and the gripes of its founder?

The Australia Peoples Party is not a registered political party, which means it is a political action group, and at best a support mechanism for independent candidates. Will Ozpolitic offer the same exposure to every political alliance, independent candidate and registered political party in Australia?

Also, what does Green Tax Shift and Evolution have to do with politics? Or are these just interests of the sites owners?

Hopefully, these are just teething issues aimed at building content, otherwise it will detract from the site being considered a serious forum for debate.

If Ozpolitic is biased, this should be stated on the home page.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Is Ozpolitic biased?
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2007 at 6:00pm

Does Ozpolitic aim to be unbiased and politically independent?

I will attempt that in the forum. The other articles are going to reflect whatever views the authors have. However, I will host articles from a variety of sources if they become available.

why does the Australia Peoples Party get a prominent link on the menu bar, plus substantial space to outline its policies, and the gripes of its founder?

At the moment the APP get's it's own special tab because so far only Stu and I (with a little help) have put articles together. It will get rearranged if we get more people contributing. I used to have a separate tab for the green tax shift, the evolution and the gardening articles until it started to get too crowded.

If labor, liberal, the greens or any other party were prepared to put their policies up here I would host them. I consider Stu's pages to be a contribution to this site. If it starts affecting how I host this forum or what I allow in other articles, I'm sure you'll let me know. I am looking for more contributors to this site. If you are prepared to put in a bit of work on a document, I will host it for you as an article.

Will Ozpolitic offer the same exposure to every political alliance, independent candidate and registered political party in Australia?

Sure, if they want. It's not any restrictions on my part that is stopping that. It's more that those parties are unwilling to give OzPolitic the exposure. You'll notice that Stu is starting to put his stuff to the official tapp site. I doubt we'll get much more content from him either.

Also, what does Green Tax Shift and Evolution have to do with politics? Or are these just interests of the sites owners?

They are my interests, but they are very political. I'm surprised you left gardening out as that is harder to justify. A green tax shift is currently being discussed in the media by the mahor aprties as an alternative to carbon trading, as a solution to global warming. It is very relevant at the moment. The evolution thing is a solution to the creationism vs evolution problem, which never seems to go away. What gets taught to our children and where is always a contentious political issue.

If Ozpolitic is biased, this should be stated on the home page.

I think I have explained the situation on the home page. Also, Stu and I have significantly different political views, so I'm not sure how I would explain the 'bias' even if there was any. The main reason I host Stu's stuff is that I started this site around the time Stu was getting his party started via Cracker. I was criticising him because his policies were not available online anywhere and people had to email him for them. I thought it would be better to have them online so people could discuss them.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

AUShole

OzPolitic

WA
Reply #2 - Mar 4th, 2007 at 4:53pm

FD, thanks for the reply. Well done with the forum, I hope it continues to get bigger and better.

My concern is that most of the posts to this site are right wing or ultra conservative. To the casual user, providing support for APP in the manner you have is further aligning the website with the right of politics.
Don't get me wrong, encouraging new political parties is a good thing, and I support the existence of APP, and for their material to be displayed on your website.

I guess you need to get more balance to the posts, and from a wider variety of contributors.

Cheers
J

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - Mar 4th, 2007 at 5:05pm

If you know a few more 'lefties' feel free to invite them.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #4 - Mar 5th, 2007 at 2:53am

Quote:
My concern is that most of the posts to this site are right wing or ultra conservative.

I do what I can to encourage more communist scumbags to come to this forum, Aushole. So, don't blame me.

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Jan 26th, 2024 at 12:42am

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Grin Grin Grin Grin

What a fortuitous Topic considering the state of Politics overall around the world, besides how this Forum has turned out.

Lefties and Right-Wingers. 
Grin

...need more 'Lefties', etc  Wink Grin Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #6 - Jan 26th, 2024 at 8:11am

lol...

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Jan 26th, 2024 at 8:18am

If the member Aushole is still around?
- please stand up like a slim shadey.  Grin Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Feb 4th, 2024 at 2:22am

What do you think Mr Popper Penguins Freediver?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print