Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Should peadophiles recieve death penalty

« Last Modified by: DILLIGAF on: Mar 4th, 2007 at 4:04pm »

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Peadophiles..what can be done? (Read 4902 times)
auzgurl
Ex Member

Peadophiles..what can be done?
Mar 1st, 2007 at 1:33pm

This is a very contentious topic and not many pple like to talk about it.

Are our laws in Australia adequate in  the way they process and punish child sex offenders?

These 'pple' who destroy the life of a child and the pathetic sentences they get ..what price the life and future of a child?

Your thoughts?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Ohio wants car plates for sex offenders
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2007 at 1:42pm

Should we get a sex offenders register like they do in the US? In Ohio, they are looking at special licences plates for sex offenders. Is that going too far?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/World/Ohio-wants-car-plates-for-sex-offenders/2007/03/01/1172338746084.html

Honest criticism is hard to take, particularly from a relative, a friend, an acquaintance, or a stranger - Franklin P. Jones
IP Logged

auzgurl
Ex Member

Re: Peadophiles..what can be done?
Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2007 at 2:08pm

Freediver,

I think that definitely would be a good start, then at least we would know who was where and when.
Is that what you mean here?

This was a topic of discussion a few years ago and I remeber then 'do gooders' were stepping in and making it about the rights of the sex offeneder himself...

He was a particularly hopeless case and never at any time showed any remorse or promise of reform..I wonder if you remember the one..

He blinked a lot, had sandy thin hair and seemed mentally incapacitated., Thats my recollection of him. I felt awful just looking at him.?

Should never had been let out and yet was, into a neighborhood where children lived.

Mind boggles.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #3 - Mar 1st, 2007 at 2:15pm

Are there any neighbourhoods where children don't live?

Honest criticism is hard to take, particularly from a relative, a friend, an acquaintance, or a stranger - Franklin P. Jones
IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 1st, 2007 at 2:54pm

Peadophiles. now here is the only people on earth that i
HATE
more than muslims. Angry
These are the scum of all life forms. Angry
HANG THE BASTARDS BY THEIR NUTS.

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

aloof boof

the roving ear

outback
Reply #5 - Mar 2nd, 2007 at 7:44am

There should be a register of some sort to alert parents when a ped moves into an area.They should not be allowed to live near schools,bus stops,shops,sporting fixtures,or children.Hence they should not be able to live at all.

constantly surrounded by mt beer cans

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #6 - Mar 2nd, 2007 at 11:30am

Looks like the same debate has started up in Germany. The parliament is discussing options for intensively monitoring paedophiles, but it doesn't look like anything is going to get through.

Whoever started that poll, you are not going to get meaningful results if there are two statements attached to each option.

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #7 - Mar 2nd, 2007 at 12:29pm

Why don't we just make it a punishment to cut off their testicles so thy aren't tempted to do it again?  Huh

Then everyones a winner.  Grin

-I'm dead serious too.

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

auzgurl
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Mar 2nd, 2007 at 3:44pm

DT,

I agree with you.

I know this is extreme but is the death penalty too harsh in very sustained and violent cases..?

Those cases that are proven beyond ALL doubt and its plain they are beyond rehabilitation.

I feel very strongly about this issue.

IP Logged

enviro

Taking Out The Trash

Weethalle NSW
Reply #9 - Mar 2nd, 2007 at 4:57pm

I couldn't vote in the Poll because I don't believe that if you don't support the death penalty you must support peadophilia.

Chemical Castration is the solution combined with education. Better Neighbourhood watch programs would help too from the loitering potential peadophile.

What right do we have to take another persons life? The person who votes for a death penalty is a murderer because he supported it. Respect of all human life is what our modern day civilisation is based on.
Angry

IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Mar 3rd, 2007 at 11:16pm

What right does a grown adult have to mentally destroy a child?

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #11 - Mar 4th, 2007 at 2:17am

Quote:
DT,

I agree with you.

I know this is extreme but is the death penalty too harsh in very sustained and violent cases..?

Those cases that are proven beyond ALL doubt and its plain they are beyond rehabilitation.

I feel very strongly about this issue.

I'm surprised you backed me up on that one, mantra. Shocked

Quote:
I couldn't vote in the Poll because I don't believe that if you don't support the death penalty you must support peadophilia.

Indeed. There should always be an 'other' option in polls. That makes it easier to vote.

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

auzgurl
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Mar 4th, 2007 at 9:12am

I'm surprised you backed me up on that one, mantra.  "
-------------------------------------------

Sorry DT..that was me Auzgurl..

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #13 - Mar 4th, 2007 at 11:53am

Actually - I do agree as well that the death penalty is too harsh.  Obviously paedophiles are very disturbed and dysfunctional human beings and if we lived in a less tolerant nation, like enviro said -  most of us would opt for castration of the offenders.  

There isn't any real answer to this one.  Paedophiles will always be around - in our churches, amongst politicians and businessmen and also just the ordinary Joe Blow down the road.

It is our job as parents to protect our children and have the courage to stand up to those we believe may be abusing them.  I'm sure some parents suspect their children are being sexually abused, but choose to close their eyes because they don't want to believe it.

Yes - that poll needs to be modified.  Maybe add - long term incarceration and psychiatric help.
« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2007 at 1:26pm by mantra »  

IP Logged

auzgurl
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Mar 4th, 2007 at 12:22pm

I think freediver added the poll..I cant change it I dont think..I tried and it didnt work.

Yes maybe surgical castration is enough..but in some cases the death penalty is appropriate I believe..Some are very sick and evil monsters.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print