Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Rules, pictures, links, polls, contact, boards etc (Read 62628 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Rules, pictures, links, polls, contact, boards etc
Reply #30 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 12:29pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Dec 11th, 2017 at 12:42pm:
freediver wrote on Dec 11th, 2017 at 12:03pm:
It only works if people respond to it.

Notice to moderators:- Persistent thread-trashers are to be tolerated, and their victims are to be deemed the guilty parties.

Why not just scrap all the rules and tell us to in future ignore any posts that might include offensive material?

The rules already state that you are not to respond to offensive posts.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #31 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 12:55pm

freediver wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 12:29pm:
The rules already state that you are not to respond to offensive posts.

Correct.

But there is no rule that says someone can't repeatedly stalk you for the purpose of inserting one- or two-line posts designed to irritate, deflect, harass, and upset the flow of the topic being discussed.

Karnal does this without insult or abuse, but his endless series of posts that step on my posts are every bit as detrimental to the smooth and fair running of this forum board.

You are in ignorance of this because you yourself are not the target of this persistent harassment that wants to shut me down.

In the vast majority of cases I do not respond to his snippets of gibberish, but he well knows that others will take up his invitation to help deflect and derail these threads until it's rendered a train-wreck in very short time.

Persistent hecklers most often do not use foul language, but they are nevertheless people with a mission to disrupt what they don't like to hear, until the Speaker has to call Security, or the poster simply gives up because the moderators or the Board Owner finds these teasing antics amusing. 

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #32 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 8:23pm

I think Karnal hassles me a lot more than he does you. Or at least, he used to. I just have more self control. It is your response that causes the thread to derail, and moderators are not here to pass value judgements on which conversations are worthy.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Dec 13th, 2017 at 7:46pm

freediver wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 8:23pm:
I think Karnal hassles me a lot more than he does you. Or at least, he used to. I just have more self control.

Yes, but Herbie's frail, FD. He's from a superior race. He shouldn't have to put up with being offended all the time, it's just not fair.

Maybe you could set him up on his own board and let him ban whoever he wants. Something harmless - pets?

Herbie can use it to spread his porkies and delete anyone who might be a risk of suggesting an alternative view. You know, the way Pol Pot killed off everyone who wore glasses.

Someone has to protect Herb from the bullies, you know. We wouldn't want him returning to his superior country or anything.

Besides, it's gone to the dogs since he left. Britain was so much better in the war. Can you help Herbie to start another one?

It might cheer him up a bit.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #34 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 12:47pm

freediver wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 8:23pm:
I think Karnal hassles me a lot more than he does you. Or at least, he used to. I just have more self control. It is your response that causes the thread to derail, and moderators are not here to pass value judgements on which conversations are worthy.

What a load of horse-sh*t.

You’ve made a laughing-stock of yourself with none other than Karnal himself who knows a lot better than you do the truth of what I’ve been saying.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #35 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 1:31pm

I find Karnal is good value, his/her posts are  amusing and she keeps freediver on his toes.

Grin Grin Grin

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #36 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 2:02pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Dec 14th, 2017 at 1:31pm:
I find Karnal is good value, his/her posts are  amusing and she keeps freediver on his toes.

Grin Grin Grin

Considering FD’s reluctance to acknowledge the truth of what I’ve been saying, I think it might be more the case that Karnal has been keeping FD not on his toes but on his knees.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 3:49pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Dec 14th, 2017 at 2:02pm:

Grin Grin Grin

Considering FD’s reluctance to acknowledge the truth of what I’ve been saying, I think it might be more the case that Karnal has been keeping FD not on his toes but on his knees.

Alas, Herbie, that's where I like to keep you.

While you're down there, love...

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #38 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 12:19pm

Herb it's like you are getting trolled by a 6 year old and demanding that I make it stop.

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 12:46pm

Karnal has not much to say but a lot of spare time to fill so it's the forum equivalent of late night shouty ads, lots of repetitious sound bites, it's noise and energy demanding attention.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #40 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 12:53pm

Grin Grin Grin

Like I said: were all trolls!

Alternatively: I also say there is no such thing as trolls!

Cheesy

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #41 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 12:55pm

Secret Wars wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 12:46pm:
Karnal has not much to say but a lot of spare time to fill so it's the forum equivalent of late night shouty ads, lots of repetitious sound bites, it's noise and energy demanding attention.

Wow, so like a cold daddykins you’re going to give the cold shoulder and thus the label to mummykins?

Shocked

Who do you think you are broseph?

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #42 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:25pm

freediver wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 12:19pm:
Herb it's like you are getting trolled by a 6 year old and demanding that I make it stop.

You’ve nailed it. Trolled by a 6 year old who uses ‘gibberish’ (your word) whenever he’s lost for a cogent answer but feels his ego mustn’t be seen to be floundering in silence.

I’m at a disadvantage here because you haven’t done your homework on this, and consequently you’re just firing from the hip with Sounds Bites that are based on ignorance and misguided assumption.

Karnal knows exactly how correct I am with what I’ve said, and only recently, in defence of himself after you had made a comment to him in one of your posts, he answered you - in reference to me - “ .. but he’s a Nazi and a racist”.

That’s how he justified himself for acting like a 6 year old with stepping on all my posts.

And that’s my last word on the matter.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #43 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:28pm

freediver wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 12:19pm:

Is it so difficult to ask a fractious kid to cease and desist with what he’s doing?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #44 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 8:26pm

Are you saying you want me to do more research into you getting trolled by a 6 year old because I don't appreciate that you are getting trolled by a 6 year old?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print