Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: Forum Policies
Reply #150 - Apr 4th, 2011 at 10:54am

Equitist wrote on Apr 1st, 2011 at 8:25am:
Grey wrote on Apr 1st, 2011 at 8:17am:
I'd like to access my favourites list, is this possible? I'd also like to see how the ranking system works. What's a gold member? is this something to do with paying? If so how much? Can I donate without going through Pay Pal?

I hate being called 'Junior'  Grin

LOL...I can't answer all of your queries, but suffice to say that your membership level changes purely on the basis of the number of posts you've made (unless you gain modding privileges, of course)...

At 80 posts, you are currently 20 short of being a 'Full Member'...

'Senior' membership kicks in at 250 posts and 'Gold' at 500...

Membership levels on this forum may change according to the number of posts made .. but the resultant level issued doesn't really mean much.

In short .. it doesn't really matter what colour or word shows under your name.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: signatures
Reply #151 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 7:08pm

freediver wrote on Mar 2nd, 2007 at 12:18pm:
Is anyone in favour of limiting the use of, or size of, images in signatures, or limiting font size, colour etc?

yes me I hate those moving pictures give me a headache... are they really necessary?

I dislike the colour type as well some take so many liberties..I do by pass them but its a shame to have to be driven to that.

IP Logged

Grey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #152 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 7:59pm

cods wrote on Apr 5th, 2011 at 7:08pm:
Is anyone in favour of limiting the use of, or size of, images in signatures, or limiting font size, colour etc?

yes me I hate those moving pictures give me a headache... are they really necessary?

I dislike the colour type as well some take so many liberties..I do by pass them but its a shame to have to be driven to that.

Second that.

Thanks for the replies guys  Kiss . So nobody knows how to access their favourites list? Well I don't suppose it matters much, the email notification works pretty good, but I miss having a list of threads I'm subscribed to, it used to help with navigating my way around the forum on the Guardians site. I'm enjoying my time here,  but  feeling a bit lost as to where to strike next.  Grin Are you the forum owner FreeDiver? Should I refrain from kicking you in the nuts  Grin
too often
   Wink

"It is in the shelter of each other that the people live" - Irish Proverb

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #153 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 8:28pm

Yes I own it. Treat like any other member.

Cods what colour type are you referring to?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #154 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 9:31pm

Grey wrote on Apr 5th, 2011 at 7:59pm:

Second that.

Thanks for the replies guys  Kiss . So nobody knows how to access their favourites list? Well I don't suppose it matters much, the email notification works pretty good, but I miss having a list of threads I'm subscribed to, it used to help with navigating my way around the forum on the Guardians site. I'm enjoying my time here,  but  feeling a bit lost as to where to strike next.  Grin Are you the forum owner FreeDiver? Should I refrain from kicking you in the nuts  Grin
too often
  Wink

Hint taken - I'll switch my flipfloppy thingy off soon-ish!   Cry

That said...I, for one, vote that Smithy's Avatar is so priceless that it should remain!  Cool

As for the creative colours - pfftt!  Methinks that people should be allowed a little room for personal expression...   Roll Eyes

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #155 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:26pm

I'd like to access my favourites list, is this possible?

You might find what you are looking for in the far right bottom corner of the page...

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #156 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:30pm

Equitist wrote on Apr 5th, 2011 at 9:31pm:

Second that.

Thanks for the replies guys  Kiss . So nobody knows how to access their favourites list? Well I don't suppose it matters much, the email notification works pretty good, but I miss having a list of threads I'm subscribed to, it used to help with navigating my way around the forum on the Guardians site. I'm enjoying my time here,  but  feeling a bit lost as to where to strike next.  Grin Are you the forum owner FreeDiver? Should I refrain from kicking you in the nuts  Grin
too often
  Wink

Hint taken - I'll switch my flipfloppy thingy off soon-ish!   Cry

That said...I, for one, vote that Smithy's Avatar is so priceless that it should remain!  Cool

As for the creative colours - pfftt!  Methinks that people should be allowed a little room for personal expression...   Roll Eyes

LOL Thy thanks
I read cods post thought about it but NAH
Unless the forum is changed old Adolf will keep on enjoying his techno Grin

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #157 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 11:44pm

Second that.

too often
  Wink

Your question got me thinking so i had a bit of a play and clicked add to favourites button on this thread.
After looking thru my profile trying to find the list I've come back to the forum to find a gold star next to this thread.
I can only assume from this it's not so much a list but just adding a marking to the thread list on the ones you like.

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

Grey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #158 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 12:50am

Right, I had noticed that earlier, better late than never.  Smiley

I thought I was seconding the idea of limiting signatures to text, I wouldn't see any reason to change avatars. But I know that signatures can get really big and that's a bit tiresome.

IP Logged

Grey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #159 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 12:55am

Equitist wrote on Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:26pm:
I'd like to access my favourites list, is this possible?

You might find what you are looking for in the far right bottom corner of the page...

Brilliant Equitist - Forum Jump. Now that looks like the most useful button to know to me, it's kinda secret like a hidden door Grin i think we should let everybody in on the secret. - (or are they?) Grin

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #160 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 5:46pm

freediver wrote on Apr 5th, 2011 at 8:28pm:
Yes I own it. Treat like any other member.

Cods what colour type are you referring to?

the pink and blue and primrose too....someone who will remain nameless on the politicians suck board uses them all the time..I find it immature to be honest.,.. I like this idea of reading all the posts at once good idea.. so clever saves a "where was I " moment.

when we evolve something and think its a good idea.. someone in your position should take a bit more time to think how will the brain deprived handle this!@!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Grey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #161 - Apr 12th, 2011 at 1:29am

What's happening on the anti-smoking thread is just 'bumping' which stifles debate and ought to be discouraged.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1302157225/171#171

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #162 - Apr 12th, 2011 at 9:06am

I agree, but there is nothing yet in the rules about it.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/forum-rules.html

We probably have fewer rules here than most forums.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Life_goes_on
Gold Member

400kms south of Yobsville, Qld
Reply #163 - Apr 12th, 2011 at 5:00pm

Quote:
We probably have fewer rules here than most forums.

Nothing to be proud of. Best you lot get your heads together and develop a few before Googling "troll", "stupid" or "chronic whinger" returns Ozpolitic.com as the top result.

"You're just one lucky motherf-cker" - Someone, 5th February 2013

Num num num num.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print