Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
A serious question..... (Read 16631 times)
auzgurl
Ex Member

A serious question.....
Feb 27th, 2007 at 11:23am

Although Ive always bel;ieved in a fair go for all peoples beliefs ,culture and religion...I have heard it daid a lot between this forum and Cracker that its possible that Muslims will take over the world.

Is this just racist rhetoric as it appears to be to me..or is there any substance behind this?

If so what is it? Why do we , the world need to worry..?
Huh

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: A serious question.....
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2007 at 11:38am

I don't think they will. They are too busy fighting each other.

Which country is the biggest threat to Oz? http://ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1172167697
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2007 at 5:34pm by freediver »  

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

aloof boof

the roving ear

outback
Reply #2 - Feb 27th, 2007 at 11:42am

Most of the Muslims i know are nice easy going people who have different beliefs to me.However the hardliners i see on TV are the exact opposite.The Priests preach hatred of the infedels and spend all their time looking back instead of forward.I hope Australia is prepared for the next 20 years when we will see our country overrun with extreemists from the Middle East and Indonesia.
I love my country and will not stand by and watch it destroyed by crackpots from other parts of the world.If i am classed as a racist for my views the so be it.Remember a book called"The Enemy Within"?I forget the authors name but he extolled some pertinant points and you should see if you can find it Ausgurl?It is a very interesting read

constantly surrounded by mt beer cans

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - Feb 27th, 2007 at 11:44am

Who wrote it?

IP Logged

auzgurl
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 27th, 2007 at 12:20pm

Thank you for your reply aloof...

I will endeavour to find that book.

IP Logged

sense(Guest)

Reply #5 - Feb 27th, 2007 at 4:11pm

Yes - the muslims are and will try to take over the world. Almost every war zone in the world involves muslims. At the moment they are constrained only by the limited weaponary. They have conventional arms and car bombs.
They are likely to win when they obtain nuclear weapons. There is no united world effort to prevent them obtaining nuclear weapons so they will no doubt succeed. The invasion of Iraq was made for this reason but it does not have the support it needs. Iran (non-secular) is enriching uranium and will eventually have nuclear weapons but efforts at preventing this get thwarted. The Muslim political leaders are also religious leaders - it is their duty to make the world 100% Muslim. Pakistan has nuclear weapons but it is secular - the religious leaders don't have control.
So a muslim led non-secular regime or organised terrorist organisation really will at some time get nuclear weapons. They are unlikely to negotiate because they think they have nothing to lose - Allah will see them right. Delivery of nuclear bombs will be no problem - kamikazi flights with the martyrs getting 72 virgins.
The only chance is to stop them getting the weapons. There is little chance of that without widespread support.

IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Reply #6 - Feb 27th, 2007 at 4:22pm

sense, u should really live up to ur username and make more sense in ur posts, and by making sense i mean doing some research before u post.

first of all, not all war zones in the world involves muslims. i mentioned to u before the Tamil Tigers in Sri Lanka, other examples are the ETA movement in Spain, as well as guerilla forces loyal to the drug trade in Brazil. it's easy to blame all the world's problems on one group of people, but that doesn't make it true.

also, when u wrote "the Muslim political leaders are also religious leaders", u were joking right?? since if ur weren't then i should explain to you the Muslim political leaders are non-religious, Saddam-like dictators that are known to crush their own people (including extremist groups).

alot of these political leaders are also backed by the US (e.g. Jordan's King Abdullah), which is part of the problem since when these US-backed oppressive dictators are oppressing their own people, extremist groups blame the US for it and therefore want to attack the US. the US really needs to re-vamp their foreign policy in the Middle East if they have any hope of prevailing in the war on terror.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2007 at 4:33pm by Gavin »  

IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Feb 27th, 2007 at 5:09pm

I agree with sense.
And auzgurl, racism does not cover subjects of religion.
And you still havent answered my question. what is your definition of racism.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2007 at 5:21pm by DILLIGAF »  
Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - Feb 27th, 2007 at 5:11pm

The two are often blurred, especially with Judaism. Arab and Muslim are often used interchangably.

IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Reply #9 - Feb 27th, 2007 at 5:17pm

freediver wrote on Feb 27th, 2007 at 5:11pm:
Arab and Muslim are often used interchangably.

yeah i know, but if u look at it, there are more muslims in South-East Asia (esp. in Indonesia & Malaysia) than there are in the Middle East.

weird.

IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Feb 27th, 2007 at 5:20pm

Nice and close to Australia! Smiley

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #11 - Feb 27th, 2007 at 5:23pm

Is it just me or is there a strong correlation between Islam and hot weather? No wonder they are exporting so much oil.....

IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Reply #12 - Feb 27th, 2007 at 5:26pm

yeah, they are closer to Australia and they haven't invaded us yet. but we did have a good relationship with Indonesia before we decided to get involved in East Timor, so it's entirely possible to get along.

they aren't as big a threat as what every one seems to make them out to be.

IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Feb 27th, 2007 at 5:59pm

Countries like indonesia were under colonial rule. in their case, the dutch.
Thats why they never invaded before.
And, fundimentalist islam has only reared its ugly head in the past 25 years. it has existed as a threat to us for the past 10. and it and will grow.
Ive never said we'd be invaded soon, but more like from 20 to 50 years away.
How old is everyone here? im 24, so i have a better chance of seeing this happen more than some of you, that is assuming you are in your late 30's 40's or 50's even.
My main concern is for the children, grandchildren and decendants down the line.
What we do or do not do now will affect them later.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #14 - Feb 27th, 2007 at 6:01pm

To me Indonesia appears to be on a path towards secularism, democracy and peace.

IP Logged

sense(Guest)

Reply #15 - Feb 27th, 2007 at 6:16pm

Gavin - you are just too easy to take on. I said "almost every war zone". Your pathetic exceptions demonstrate the truth of this. The Tamil Muslims are fighting for control of the Tamils and all Tamils are fighting Buddhists. The Muslim sector of the Tamils look to be winning. ETA, IRA and drug wars are exactly the fringes that I was allowing for by saying "almost" - these are hardly war zones in the sense of the many, too many to list, wars being fought in the name of Islam - eg Sudan, Eritrea, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Nigeria, Chechnya, Kosovo  etc etc.
You look to be upset that Australia got involved in East Timor - should of just let the Muslims do their worst I suppose.
The official religion of Iran is Islam. The government is duty bound to enforce it. I call that non-secular. The Iranian leader recently said:
"Islam must prepare to rule the world, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told a crowd of theological students in Iran's holy city of Qom, according to a report.
We must believe in the fact that Islam is not confined to geographical borders, ethnic groups and nations. It's a universal ideology that leads the world to justice," Ahmadinejad said Jan. 5."
So the Leader of Iran wants Islam to rule the world and he is seeking nuclear weapons. And you are not concerned at all.
Auzgirl - why are you suggesting that anti-Islamism is racist? What has it to do with racism? It is justifiable religious intolerance. Call it what it is. I admit to being intolerant of a religion which does not allow me and my family to live.
Anyway Gavin you haven't addressed any of the main points. I assume therefore that you believe the Muslims love us and will let us live our lives without interference. You probably want Iran to have a bomb so that they can nuke Israel. The Iranian president has made it clear that he believes there was no holocaust and that Israel needs to be exterminated. Who will be next?
It is exactly because of apologists like Gavin, Mozzaok etc that Islam will win.

IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Feb 27th, 2007 at 6:52pm

[quote author=sense(Guest) link=1172539429/15#15 date=1172564186]
The official religion of Iran is Islam. The government is duty bound to enforce it. I call that non-secular. The Iranian leader recently said:
"Islam must prepare to rule the world, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told a crowd of theological students in Iran's holy city of Qom, according to a report.
We must believe in the fact that Islam is not confined to geographical borders, ethnic groups and nations. It's a universal ideology that leads the world to justice," Ahmadinejad said Jan. 5."
So the Leader of Iran wants Islam to rule the world and he is seeking nuclear weapons. And you are not concerned at all.
Auzgirl - why are you suggesting that anti-Islamism is racist? What has it to do with racism? It is justifiable religious intolerance. Call it what it is. I admit to being intolerant of a religion which does not allow me and my family to live.
It is exactly because of apologists like Gavin, Mozzaok etc that Islam will win.[/quote]

HERE HERE sense.
Mate, why not become a member?
You dont have to give any personal information.

IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Reply #17 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 8:57am

sense, here is that link i posted in the other thread about the Tamil Tigers:
http://www.cfr.org/publication/9242/

i suggest u read it since u obviously didn't read it last time. the link explains the motivation of the Tamil Tigers, being that they are a secular movement, rather than a religious one. if u did some research about the Tamil Tigers you would realise that.

and about ETA, IRA, drug trade in South America you mentioned "these are hardly war zones", again i hope ur joking, are you? since if ur not, then i suggest u do some research about them, esp. the drug trade in South America, where the police & drug traders are more heavily armed that most of the world's armies. here is a couple of links to help get u started, i hope u read them:
http://www.fcda.org/southamerica.htm
http://mediafilter.org/shadow/S42/S42dea.html

And when u mentioned that "muslim leaders are also political leaders", but that isn't true for muslim-populated countries in the Middle East & South East Asia, except for Iran. I'm guessing u realised this since u only mentioned Iran to justify ur point.   

And i didn't say muslims love us, but what i am saying is that they aren't as big a threat as what people are making them out to be, e.g. with the Iranian president ranting about Islam ruling the rest of the world, does he have the support of other Islamic nations? No, mainly because Iran is the only Shi-te Muslim country out there and is therefore isolated. Also, all Sunni Muslim populated countries are led by non-religious Saddam-like dictators (as i mentioned before), so it's unlikely any religious war would come from those countries. 

And on the topic of nuclear weapons, they are an evil weapon that should off not been created at all. i mean what kind of a sicko creates a bomb capable of destroying an entire city, and also uses them to bomb two Japanese cities (which i might add where non-military targets).

but then again, nuclear weapons are an advancement of military technology and like previous military technologies (e.g. tanks, planes, guns, etc) a country should be able to develop them if it means keeping up-to-date and being able to effectively fight wars. that's any countries right, to have an effective military force, and that is regardless of ethnic or religious backgrounds. i really don't get why the countries that have nuclear weapons are so eager to stop other countries developing them, i'm guessing since they can effectively crush these other countries in a war if those countries didn't have nuclear weapons.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #18 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 9:31am

i really don't get why the countries that have nuclear weapons are so eager to stop other countries developing them, i'm guessing since they can effectively crush these other countries in a war if those countries didn't have nuclear weapons.

It's because one nutcase with a nuclear weapon can do a lot of damage. With other weapons you need a coordinated military to be effective.

IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Reply #19 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 9:46am

freediver wrote on Feb 28th, 2007 at 9:31am:
i really don't get why the countries that have nuclear weapons are so eager to stop other countries developing them, i'm guessing since they can effectively crush these other countries in a war if those countries didn't have nuclear weapons.

It's because one nutcase with a nuclear weapon can do a lot of damage. With other weapons you need a coordinated military to be effective.

That's all the more reason other countries would want to have nuclear weapons as well. who knows, u might find a nutcase in a powerful position in the US, UK or Russian governments (for example) who may be eager to use the nuclear weapons they have.

They would think twice before starting a nuclear war, since they would realise if they use their nuclear weapons then the other country they bombed would want to use their own nuclear weapons as well.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #20 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 9:49am

The more stable a country is, the safer it's weapons are. Unstable countries are more likely to let their weapons end up in the hands of terrorists. A terrorist organisation may not care about those repurcaussions, especially if they are living among you.

The US was given the opportunity to help Russia disarm it's nuclear arsenal. I declined because it didn't want to pay the cost. Now it is spending a fortune trying to keep track of where all these weapons are ending up.

IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Reply #21 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 10:00am

freediver wrote on Feb 28th, 2007 at 9:49am:
The more stable a country is, the safer it's weapons are. Unstable countries are more likely to let their weapons end up in the hands of terrorists.

Yeah, i get that, but that doesn't mean that the so-called unstable government doesn't have a right to develop the nuclear weapons in order to ensure their army is operating effectively.

Nuclear weapons shouldn't have been developed in the first place.

IP Logged

sense(Guest)

Reply #22 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 10:03am

Tamil Muslin issue here:
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/2070817.stm

Its clear - you hate the US and love Muslims. So, the US is "sick" for creating nuclear weapons. Of course the Germans and Japanese would never attempt such a dirty trick.

IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Reply #23 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 10:12am

[quote author=sense(Guest) link=1172539429/15#22 date=1172621010]Tamil Muslin issue here:
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/2070817.stm

Its clear - you hate the US and love Muslims. So, the US is "sick" for creating nuclear weapons. Of course the Germans and Japanese would never attempt such a dirty trick.[/quote]

u obviously missed this part of the article, when it says "Tamil Muslims from the northern province were forcibly evicted by Tamil Tigers". As i mentioned before, the Tamil Tigers are a secular movement, and they are the main force fighting the Sri Lankan government for an independent Tamil state in the north of Sri Lanka.

Again, i didn't say i love muslims, i just don't think they are a threat. and yes, the US was sick for developing & using nuclear weapons, don't u realise that over 100,000 innocent civilans died in Hiroshima? Or do u not care since Japense blood is cheap? Even if the Germans or Japanese were evil and did dirty tricks that still doesn't justify killing their civilians.

« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2007 at 10:44am by Gavin »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #24 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 10:13am

Since when is the possession of nuclear weapons a fundamental human right? We don't even grant all of our citizens the right to a gun. What about the right of other world citizens not to live in fear?

IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Reply #25 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 10:21am

freediver wrote on Feb 28th, 2007 at 10:13am:
Since when is the possession of nuclear weapons a fundamental human right? We don't even grant all of our citizens the right to a gun. What about the right of other world citizens not to live in fear?

i didn't say possessing nuclear weapons is a fundamental human right.

what i did say was that any country, regardless of ethnic or religious background, has a right to maintain an effective military and this can only be achieved by keeping up-to-date with latest military technologies (including nuclear weapons).

nuclear weapons shouldn't have been developed to begin with, but they have, we can't change the past. and the solution isn't for nuclear nations to disarm, since even if they did the science around nuclear weapons would still exist and nuclear weapons can still be re-made.

and u mentioned the right of other world citizens not to live in fear, yes i agree that is a right, but there is nothing we can do about it now since nuclear weapons are hear to stay. and nations that aren't allies of nuclear nations will be living in fear anyway since they could be bombed.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #26 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 10:33am

Nuclear weapons are a tool of war. If a country has some kind of right to devlop them, we have just as much right to prevent them from developing them. The fewer countries that have nuclear weapons, the safer the world will be, even if we have to step on a few toes to keep it that way.

There is already sufficient deterrent to prevent smaller countries invading each other. The international community tends to keep that in check. The few lage countries with nuclear weapons provide enough of a deterrent to other powerful countries or alliances.

IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Reply #27 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 10:39am

freediver wrote on Feb 28th, 2007 at 10:33am:
The fewer countries that have nuclear weapons, the safer the world will be, even if we have to step on a few toes to keep it that way.

Not really, the world would be a safer place if nuclear weapons didn't exist at all. but that's not going to happen.

To limit nuclear weapons to a few countries it means that those nations can do what ever they want (i.e. they are above the law) and they won't be challenged since they have the nukes. Anyone that does challenge them will have their cities and civilians destroyed, literally.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #28 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 10:48am

No they are not above the law because they will keep each other in check. Russia, China, France etc stop the US from throwing it's weight around too much, and vice versa. A smaller country wouldn't be able to defend itself against the US with a few nukes anyway. It would just force the US to completely annihilate it. Any deterrent effect against larger countries is more than offset by the increased risk from nuclear weapons proliferation.

IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Reply #29 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 10:54am

freediver wrote on Feb 28th, 2007 at 10:48am:
No they are not above the law because they will keep each other in check. Russia, China, France etc stop the US from throwing it's weight around too much, and vice versa.

that only works if the nuclear nations (i.e. US, Russia, China, France, etc) all disagree on a course of actions regarding a smaller country, for example Russia & China oppose any military action in Iran, whereas the US feel military action is necessary. so in this case, Russia & China keep the US in check. 

however, what if they all agree? what then? say for example all nuclear nations agree on the need to invade Iran. what's to stop any of them from using nuclear weapons? and please don't say the UN, since they have absolutely no power whatsoever.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #30 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 11:08am

If they all agree, then Iran's possession of nuclear weapons would not stop them anyway. Furthermore, if they all agree then they have a mandate to invade Iran.

IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Reply #31 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 11:11am

freediver wrote on Feb 28th, 2007 at 11:08am:
If they all agree, then Iran's possession of nuclear weapons would not stop them anyway. Furthermore, if they all agree then they have a mandate to invade Iran.

If Iran had nuclear weapons, it probably wouldn't stop the nuclear nations from invading it, but it would make them think twice before they decide to launch a nuclear weapon.

Chances are, they would be reluctant to use them knowing that Iran would probably return the favour.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #32 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 11:16am

On the other hand they may be forced to invade and take out their nuclear facilities in self defence. Any invasion is going to be far more violent if there is a nuclear risk.

IP Logged

sense(Guest)

Reply #33 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 11:21am

Gavin - have a little honesty. Admit that you actually want Iran to have nuclear weapons and to use them to exterminate Israel without fear of attack from the US/Russia or anyone.
Anyway, your responses have proved my original point. Muslims will succeed in taking over the world because there are people like you who will not support efforts to stop them.

IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Reply #34 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 11:23am

freediver wrote on Feb 28th, 2007 at 11:16am:
On the other hand they may be forced to invade and take out their nuclear facilities in self defence.

u can also argue that if they do invade, then Iran may have a right to use their nuclear weapons in self-defence.

from looking at how the US is handling the North Korea situation, it looks like once a country has nuclear weapons then u don't want to mess with them given that nuclear weapons are a very, very deadly weapon. why else would the US be seeking diplomatic solutions with a nation that is part of the "Axis of Evil"?

IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Reply #35 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 11:29am

Quote:
Gavin - have a little honesty. Admit that you actually want Iran to have nuclear weapons and to use them to exterminate Israel without fear of attack from the US/Russia or anyone.
Anyway, your responses have proved my original point. Muslims will succeed in taking over the world because there are people like you who will not support efforts to stop them.

Like i mentioned before any country, regardless of ethnic or religious background, has a right to maintain an effective military and that can only be achieved by keeping up-to-date with the latest military technologies (including nuclear weapons).

i would stop muslims when they become a threat. but at the moment they aren't a threat, i would begin to worry when they restore the Islamic state that stretched from Spain to India about 800 or so years ago. currently, their too divided and dysfunctional to be called a threat.

sense, why don't u join? rather than always posting as a guest.
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2007 at 11:36am by Gavin »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Funds were for Tamil Tigers, court told
Reply #36 - Sep 13th, 2007 at 7:14pm

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Funds-were-for-Tamil-Tigers-court-told/2007/09/13/1189276864675.html

Three men facing terrorist charges raised large funds for Sri Lanka's Tamil Tigers, a Melbourne court has been told.

Aruran Vinayagamoorthy, 33, of Mount Waverley, Sivarajah Yathavan, 36, of Vermont South, and Arumugam Rajeevan, 41, of Old Toongabbie in Sydney's west, appeared at the Melbourne Magistrates' Court on Thursday for the start of their committal hearing.

All have been charged with being members of a terrorist organisation, making funds available to a terrorist organisation and other related charges.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #37 - Sep 14th, 2007 at 9:02am

It is  a directive of the koran to "make islam the dominany religion over all religions."

"moderates" are insignificant. They do nothing. "extremists" push any belief or movement.
Is means nothing that "only a few" are extremists.  The moderates won't stop them.
The extremists are following the koran correctly.
Hilali , iraq are perfect examples.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #38 - Sep 14th, 2007 at 9:17am

I should put quotes on that :

"It is He Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad) with guidance and the religion of truth, to make it superior over all religions, though the Mushrikûn (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah) hate (it)."
9:33

"Fight [q-t-l] against those who (1) believe not in Allah, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad), (4) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islam) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued"
9:29

"Even today the Muslims dominate large areas and will be able to dominate the rest if they unite, separate from the Kuffaar [Unbelievers] and wage Jihaad for Allah’s pleasure."
vol. 4, p. 286

"... The purpose of the Holy Prophet’s appointment as a Prophet was not merely to preach this Religion, but to make it prevail over all others. In other words, he did not bring this Religion so that it might survive in a limited compartment of life which is allowed it by the dominant religion, while the rest of the spheres of life, by and large, should remain under the relentless control of some false religion. But he had brought it so that it should be the dominant Religion of life and any other religion should survive, if at all it survives, only within the limits in which it allows it to survive. "
(vol. 5, p. 66, note 51)

The koran is not in books. It is just a list of orders. So it chopped up into mindlessly named chapters (the cow, the crow), with numbering for references.

Quite the opposite to this style :
"And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ "
matthew 22:39

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #39 - Sep 14th, 2007 at 9:37am

Extremists harm any religion. It is the moderates who actually spread it.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #40 - Sep 14th, 2007 at 10:33am

What do extremist buddhists, extremist hindus, extremist christians, extremist pagans, extremist newagers do ??

IP Logged

guest(Guest)

Reply #41 - Sep 14th, 2007 at 10:40am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Sep 14th, 2007 at 10:33am:
What do extremist buddhists, extremist hindus, extremist christians, extremist pagans, extremist newagers do ??

just like all extremists, they spread violence.

look at the extremist hindus in india that target christian missionaries.

look at the extremist christians in the US that bomb abortion clinics and gay nightclubs.

all extremists are bad.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #42 - Sep 15th, 2007 at 8:22pm

Good comments guest.

the hindu/christian clashes are relatively isolated, though very undesirable.

The "christians" who bombed the abortion clinics were very shortlived.
Reported by other (real) christians, the no longer exist. Those were not following the teachings or example of Jesus.

whereas the extremist muslims are following the koran and the paedophillic mohammads examples correctly

IP Logged

guest(Guest)

Reply #43 - Sep 17th, 2007 at 9:41am

obviously ur christian, so of course ur going to say that the christian terrorists were not properly following christian teachings. but i'm pretty sure if i went to an extremist christian, they would say they have the correct interpretation and that ur interpretation is wrong. and i pretty sure if i asked a muslim about muslim terrorists, they would probably reply "they were following our teachings properly".

and it doesn't matter if extremist clashes are isolated, the point is violent extremists exist in all faiths.

IP Logged

guest(Guest)

Reply #44 - Sep 17th, 2007 at 9:48am

Quote:
obviously ur christian, so of course ur going to say that the christian terrorists were not properly following christian teachings. but i'm pretty sure if i went to an extremist christian, they would say they have the correct interpretation and that ur interpretation is wrong. and i pretty sure if i asked a muslim about muslim terrorists, they would probably reply "they were following our teachings properly".

and it doesn't matter if extremist clashes are isolated, the point is violent extremists exist in all faiths.

oops, just realised a typo there, it should read:

"and i pretty sure if i asked a muslim about muslim terrorists, they would probably reply "they were NOT following our teachings properly"".

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #45 - Sep 17th, 2007 at 9:50am

You're right guest, I'm a christian.
I also pretty much agree with everything else you say too.

There are many many quotes in the koran extolling them toward martyrdom.
Is also what hilali supported.

I can't really think of any in the bible that suport that sort of action. We also don't murder those that want to stop being christians, or give death threats to those that mock us.

My point is, koran promotes violent extremism, as did mohammds action.
The Bible does not, as did Jesus actions show.

Take care

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #46 - Sep 17th, 2007 at 3:58pm

We also don't murder those that want to stop being christians, or give death threats to those that mock us.

At least, not since the church decided that the higher moral ground was a better strategic choice.

IP Logged

Classic Liberal
Gold Member

OzPolitic

sydney
Reply #47 - Sep 17th, 2007 at 6:43pm

the church decided it was better to love everyone as was originally intended than to pusish those who do wrong. Its not the church's place to punish, they got lost along the way there.

an abortionist who is a murderer is better loved than murdered, it is only through love that we will ever change anyone.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #48 - Sep 18th, 2007 at 9:43am

Pender - hahah, that sort of makes me laugh.

So, the church decided it was better to follow what Jesus taught ?  Wink

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #49 - Sep 18th, 2020 at 11:44pm

Quote:
Although Ive always bel;ieved in a fair go for all peoples beliefs ,culture and religion...I have heard it daid a lot between this forum and Cracker that its possible that Muslims will take over the world.

Is this just racist rhetoric as it appears to be to me..or is there any substance behind this?

If so what is it? Why do we , the world need to worry..?
Huh

My dear Auzgurl. Moslems will take over this country in their own way like Jews rule North America.

Namerica is the Promised Land of Jews.
Australia is the Promised Land of Moslems.
...just so Christians can get their Holy Land and Holy City back.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print