Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 
Send Topic Print
JOHN HOWARD (Read 123855 times)
Dooley

OzPolitic

Re: JOHN HOWARD
Reply #870 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 7:11pm

besides nowwhere in my reference material does utter mean anything other than to "voice" a belief.

http://www.grokitbetter.com/ss/verb-974097.html

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #871 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 7:13pm

Quote:
he has a right to be indignant about the posts of vindictive posters who treat him like a piece of dirt, criticise, deride and slander him and have absolutely no respect -

Oh I didn't notice IQ.  Dooley seems to be quite polite although deepthought is being a little provocative - perhaps it's just defence on the part of Dooley.

IP Logged

IQSRLOW
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #872 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 7:23pm

You must be wearing your rose (green?) coloured glasses again Mantra (Do you ever take them off to get a real look at the world?)

Please point out where DT has been 'provocative'

So far Dooley has referred to DT as an ape, a drunk and attacked his intelligence when DT refuted his unsubstantiated claims.

So who is provocative?

You obviously have no comprehension of what 'polite' means

Political Animal has little moderation. It is the forum for free speech and free thinkers to converse passionately without the threat of being banned. It is a forum for adults.

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #873 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 7:26pm

Dooley wrote on Mar 18th, 2008 at 7:11pm:
besides nowwhere in my reference material does utter mean anything other than to "voice" a belief.

http://www.grokitbetter.com/ss/verb-974097.html

Odd, I read the link you posted and it seemed perfectly visible.

Quote:
1: without qualification; used informally as (often pejorative) intensifiers; "an arrant fool"; "a complete coward"; "a consummate fool"; "a double-dyed villain"; "gross negligence"; "a perfect idiot"; "pure folly"; "what a sodding mess"; "stark staring mad"; "a thoroughgoing villain"; "utter nonsense"; "the unadulterated truth"

2: total; "dead silence"; "utter seriousness"

3: put into circulation; "utter counterfeit currency"

4: articulate; either verbally or with a cry, shout, or noise; "She expressed her anger"; "He uttered a curse"

5: express in speech; "She talks a lot of nonsense"; "This depressed patient does not verbalize"

6: express audibly; utter sounds (not necessarily words); "She let out a big heavy sigh"; "He uttered strange sounds that nobody could understand"

But thanks for proving me right by providing a link.  Again.

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #874 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 7:35pm

mantra wrote on Mar 18th, 2008 at 7:13pm:
Quote:
he has a right to be indignant about the posts of vindictive posters who treat him like a piece of dirt, criticise, deride and slander him and have absolutely no respect -

Oh I didn't notice IQ.  Dooley seems to be quite polite although deepthought is being a little provocative - perhaps it's just defence on the part of Dooley.

Perhaps as you use the word 'idiot' to describe me you are not aware that saying 'get a wooley one up ya' is somewhat less than polite. 

But you already admitted you have different standards to me.  So perhaps you also speak politely to people in that way.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #875 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 7:49pm

Quote:
'get a wooley one up ya' is somewhat less than polite

Sorry DT - I haven't heard that expression before and didn't know it was offensive.  It doesn't sound rude.

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #876 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 7:52pm

mantra wrote on Mar 18th, 2008 at 7:49pm:
Quote:
'get a wooley one up ya' is somewhat less than polite

Sorry DT - I haven't heard that expression before and didn't know it was offensive.  It doesn't sound rude.

Its very rude mantra..[ quite a graphic sexual description]..woolley bull?

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

logicalconclusion

OzPolitic

Reply #877 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 8:02pm

ROFLMAO

"Its very rude mantra..[ quite a graphic sexual description]..woolley bull? "

Really?

So much for the Moderators being all knowing.  Roll Eyes

How can the Mods delete stuff if they haven't a clue?  Talk about comedy.  Grin

Smiley

IP Logged

logicalconclusion

OzPolitic

Reply #878 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 8:03pm

PS

I forgot to say silly old  fart!  That's rude too.  Grin

IP Logged

Dooley

OzPolitic

Reply #879 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 8:03pm

IQSRLOW wrote on Mar 18th, 2008 at 7:05pm:
[Mantra] Considering the way Dooley has targeted DT with provocative and nasty posts, he has a right to be indignant about the posts of vindictive posters who treat him like a piece of dirt, criticise, deride and slander him and have absolutely no respect - which is not helped by the owner of the forum who gets involved and urges on every LW poster that happens to come across this board [/Mantra]

Cheesy

i take exception to calling me a LW. where the hell do you get off calling me a LW you NW. i've got a mind to report you to the RSPCA for stealing the brain of laboratory anthropod. i'm as conservative as next money grubbing miner or resource pirate. to hell with forests and the air we breath, i simply don't care anymore for the children of mine or those of my kin. GIVE ME MONEY AND BE DAMNED WITH THE CONSEQUENCES.  hahaha

IP Logged

IQSRLOW
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #880 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 8:11pm

Perhaps read the post again Dooley- I never referred to you personally as LW.

But thanks for the display of LW tendencies in the above diatribe- dribble coupled to an insult- it was an exceptional impersonation of the insidious LW persona that we have all come to know.

Well done..

Political Animal has little moderation. It is the forum for free speech and free thinkers to converse passionately without the threat of being banned. It is a forum for adults.

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #881 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 8:26pm

Dooley wrote on Mar 18th, 2008 at 8:03pm:
i take exception to calling me a LW. where the hell do you get off calling me a LW you NW. i've got a mind to report you to the RSPCA for stealing the brain of laboratory anthropod. i'm as conservative as next money grubbing miner or resource pirate. to hell with forests and the air we breath, i simply don't care anymore for the children of mine or those of my kin. GIVE ME MONEY AND BE DAMNED WITH THE CONSEQUENCES.  hahaha

This is where the word "CRIKEY!!!!!!" comes in handy.

IP Logged

logicalconclusion

OzPolitic

Reply #882 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 8:34pm

Or to make them feel better you call them COBBER! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Dooley

OzPolitic

Reply #883 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 9:26pm

you know two of my fav authours are ralston saul and stanley fish. who are yours dt's?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Howard's 'jobs for the boys'
Reply #884 - Apr 3rd, 2008 at 3:17pm

from crikey:

Opes fiasco must end the ASX regulatory monopoly

Stephen Mayne writes:

With John Howard’s great mate Maurice Newman as chairman, the ASX was always confident it could get whatever it wanted out of Canberra. Maurice even landed the plum chairmanship of the ABC.

Alas, the change of government ushered in a big debate about the obvious conflict of interest that comes from having a for-profit monopoly doubling up as a regulator – something which should never have been tolerated in the first place back in 1998.

The ASX will “die in a ditch” to retain those regulatory powers but the Opes Prime fiasco will almost certainly put paid to its ambitions. It is now simply a question of how far Labor goes.

ANZ is also facing its greatest brand crisis since the infamous $600 million loss that was declared in 1992. Never before has a banking workout triggered such far-reaching ramifications for equity investors. And never before has Australia seen such a fire sale with $2 billion worth of assets owned by 1,200 Australians disappearing in a matter of days.

Goldman Sachs-JB Were has been handling the fire-sale in a very private manner. There were no public advertisements of all that was available like a normal liquidator’s auction.

Such was the secrecy and haste, ANZ failed to even lodge substantial shareholder notices when it suddenly controlled more than 5% of dozens of small companies. In yet another folly, this was because the regulators apparently gave them a waiver.

The demise of Opes is simultaneously changing board, CEO, shareholder and takeover dynamics in dozens of companies whilst also imposing a shock credit squeeze on shareholders in hundreds of companies because no other broker or banker will lend against such risky companies.

I’m with Commsec but they won’t lend against more than half of the 650 companies in the portfolio. Why on earth not? Think about it for a moment. Do banks ban lending against the worst or smallest houses in the street?

Commsec, and Opes for that matter, would not lose a single dollar if it operated under this very simple rule: we’ll lend up to 50% against every single listed company but no single stock can be more than 20% of the portfolio.

The Opes problem was not lending against rubbish stocks, it was refusing to margin call troubled clients such as Chris Murphy, who Michael West has revealed today had loans of $168 million supporting investments of just $180 million last July – before the credit crunch hit.

Tanner finds $600m hole

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23558210-5013871,00.html

A $600 MILLION hole has been blown in the upcoming budget by the failure of the Howard government to allow for its Northern Territory intervention to continue beyond June 30.

It is one of several major government programs that never received a proper budget allocation and which are making the challenge of the Rudd Government's razor gang more difficult.

Finance Minister Lindsay Tanner said no allowance was made for the Northern Territory intervention in the forward estimates of budget spending.

"It is a good example of something that was pulled together in a giant hurry," he said. "It is one of several examples of programs that were obviously going beyond one year, but which were not budgeted for beyond the first year."

The Howard government provided just under $600million to cover the cost of the intervention in 2007-08, but nothing for 2008-09.

Coalition rejects intervention 'hole'

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23571465-5006790,00.html

THE coalition has rejected claims by Finance Minister Lindsay Tanner that it failed to provide for funding for the intervention in Aboriginal communities in the Northern Territory to continue beyond this year.

Opposition finance spokesman Peter Dutton said the cost of the intervention was not in the forward estimates, but it was included in the budget's reserve for contingencies.

Figures provided by Mr Tanner's office show that while the cost of the intervention was budgeted at $556 million in 2007-08, only $310 million was provided in 2008-09 as a contingency and only $200million in 2009-10.

"There are significant elements of the intervention that weren't funded in the period beyond the current financial year." Mr Tanner said. "It is correct that specific appropriation had not been made for the bulk of the intervention."

Mr Tanner said Centrelink's call centres were another example of the Coalition's failure to adequately finance programs. The call centres were established with the mission to maintain service levels, reduce customer complaints and meet unmet demand. However, they were given only ad hoc funding one year at a time.

Nelson challenged on Howard's Obama jibe

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?board=politicians;action=modify;message=884;thread=1169517549

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has challenged Opposition Leader Brendan Nelson to distance himself from comments by John Howard about Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama.

The former prime minister said last year that al-Qaeda would pray for a victory by Senator Obama, who has now been endorsed as the Democrat nominee by rival Hillary Clinton.
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2008 at 6:22pm by freediver »  

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 
Send Topic Print