freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
PAULINE HANSON
Jan 16th, 2007 at 5:55pm

HANSON IS BACK ! ! ! http://ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1172472462

Our debt to Pauline http://ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1172041500

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Hanson-pens-book-to-answer-lies/2007/01/16/1168709743808.html

Right-wing firebrand Pauline Hanson says she's penned an autobiography because she's sick of getting "kicked in the guts" and wants to answer the "untruths and lies".

The former One Nation leader said she was focusing on the March 29 release of the book before mounting a political comeback at this year's federal election.

Ms Hanson said it marked "my time to put across my side of the story".

"I just want it to set the record straight - that's really what it's all about, you know?" Ms Hanson told AAP.

"I'm sick of getting kicked in the guts over the years and I'm sick of these people coming out with their lies and their untruths and I just thought it's my time."

She said the book "in a fair and just way" chronicled her life, including her childhood, her controversial political career and her 11-week stint in prison in 2003 for electoral fraud before her conviction was overturned and she was released.

"Look it's not a book where it's 'Hey, wow, I've been absolutely fantastic' - I've been truthful in the book," Ms Hanson said.

"It tells people a lot about me, my childhood, my background.

"...I'm just saying this is what's happened behind the scenes, this is what's happened to me and why decisions were made and why I had to do these things."

She said the few people who had read the book "thoroughly enjoyed" it but she would let "people make up their own minds".

"I know it's gone to print and I'm really happy about that - it's been a big job, very big," Ms Hanson said.
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2007 at 1:26pm by ozadmin »  

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Re: Pauline does a Mark Latham
Reply #1 - Jan 19th, 2007 at 10:52pm

I won't buy the book - but if it's available at the library, I'll borrow it.  It might make interesting reading - although Pauline Hansen doesn't interest me much, the last few years of her life have been pretty colourful.

She is also quite strong - not to have had her spirit broken by all the controversy and plotting the major parties did to get rid of her.

IP Logged

aloof boof

the roving ear

outback
Reply #2 - Jan 20th, 2007 at 9:05am

It may bare a few suprises and i hope she tips a bucket on the people in the media that took some of her quotes out of context in the name of sensationalism.
I dont think she should have gone to jail,that was an utter disgrace,she was a scapegoat,plain and simple.To my mind she spoke the way a lot of Aussies think but was not prepared for the hammering she would get from the media for airing those views
At least she had the intestinal fortitude to stand by her remarks and made every effort to put them back into focus in a bumbling sort of way.
I like the lady and even considered giving her one for good luck

constantly surrounded by mt beer cans

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #3 - Jan 21st, 2007 at 11:36am

It's obvious that anyone who threatens the major parties is going to be vilified.  ALP & the Libs have the media on their side unfortunately.

You can see how the Greens are vilified by the major parties for their integrity - those who have the guts to stand up for the truth are persecuted.

IP Logged

daddy cool

OzPolitic

Our debt to Pauline
Reply #4 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 5:05pm

Rural Australia owes a great debt of gratitude to Pauline Hanson. Without her exquisite personification of the inarticulate rage so common in the bush, there would have been no other conduit for the delivery of such an enormous kick to that most sensitive part of our political powerbrokers’ anatomy, the (ballot) box.

They got her in the end of course, with a brutality that only a society with such corrupt sophistication can deliver, then completed the job with a softly-softly drenching in milk and honey.

How long will we have to wait until our next Pauline Hanson emerges to ignite the passions of the voiceless horde?

IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Re: Our debt to Pauline
Reply #5 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 6:21pm

Hopefully, not long mate. The way things are going, with many Australians remembering who they are, and what they are losing or have lost, there will be a savior of our country who will rise, who is honest, someone with national pride, someone who cares for the farmer and the common worker, believes in the idea that we should be one people, a leader to be equal with the people and be as one with the people.
The struggle will be hard,but we will get there my friend.
Pauline is the founder of our newfound hope for this country,she was the first and will definately not be the last. The polititians will find it much harder to silence and dispose of our next spokesman, Nationalism amongst the masses is on the rise. And if they succeed in silencing the next of our speakers, another shall take their place, and again they shall come and go, another will take their place gripped and inspired anew, because the idea of nationalism is the expression of our people and a symbol of the eternal which is our nation. LONG LIVE AUSTRALIA!

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

spacscilib

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 6:53pm

Pauline was valuable because she showed in a real way that people were willing to vote and support someone with views that were so politically incorrect. Behind the secrecy of the ballot box Real Australians can be heard  - if they have someone who is delivering the message that they want to hear.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #7 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 7:26pm

Quote:
there will be a savior of our country who will rise, who is honest, someone with national pride, someone who cares for the farmer and the common worker, believes in the idea that we should be one people, a leader to be equal with the people and be as one with the people.

I hope you're right Aussie Nationalist.  Such a person would give us all some hope, particularly hope for a sustainable and positive future for our young people.

IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 8:10pm

Wow thanks mantra! wasnt expecting that! im just waiting for freediver to pounce and call me a fascist! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #9 - Feb 22nd, 2007 at 12:46am

I know mantra, lately, you're full of surprises.  Shocked

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Feb 22nd, 2007 at 10:36pm

Perhaps, Mantra might understand now!

IP Logged

aloof boof

the roving ear

outback
Reply #11 - Feb 22nd, 2007 at 10:56pm

The only real mistake she made was she was too honest which of course is politicly incorrect
Also a few of her candidates were found wanting in debating and memory skills which reflected on her in the end.Her ideals were those of Mr and Mrs Average,the small people who have to put up with everyday events that the governments can turn a blind eye to,ie;muslim encroachment on our values,or saying sorry for something that happened 200+ years ago,or making fit people work for the dole.Its all relevant to the lowering of our standards but people like her will get shafted by big business every time.

constantly surrounded by mt beer cans

IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Feb 22nd, 2007 at 11:25pm

Not to bag out ms hanson, but she was'nt the smartest human on earth. Moreover, she did'nt have the WILL to continue. There is no such thing as being politically correct, anyone who bends to todays society of weak multiculturist rat bags is not worthy of speaking for the people.
There is nothing wrong with honesty, in fact, it is the basis of free speech.
Pauline opened up the idea of Australian Nationalism, and it is up to us MEN who will take up the struggle. As men, we wont give up so easily and as i stated earlier, someone will take our place.
Lets hope its soon. I for one, would like to take up the challenge,if the people would want me.

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #13 - Feb 23rd, 2007 at 3:03am

Quote:
Not to bag out ms hanson, but she was'nt the smartest human on earth. Moreover, she did'nt have the WILL to continue. There is no such thing as being politically correct, anyone who bends to todays society of weak multiculturist rat bags is not worthy of speaking for the people. 
There is nothing wrong with honesty, in fact, it is the basis of free speech.
Pauline opened up the idea of Australian Nationalism, and it is up to us MEN who will take up the struggle. As men, we wont give up so easily and as i stated earlier, someone will take our place.
Lets hope its soon. I for one, would like to take up the challenge,if the people would want me.

Nicely put.  Cool

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #14 - Feb 23rd, 2007 at 9:13am

saying sorry for something that happened 200+ years ago

There are plenty of people still alive today who had their wages taken under offical state policies. People don't recover from that very quickly. It can take a few generations. Is a fair day's pay for an honest day's work too much to ask for?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print