Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Native title deal struck in northern NSW (Read 3321 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Native title deal struck in northern NSW
Jan 2nd, 2007 at 12:01pm

A new native title deal has been struck which covers a lot of national parks on the QLD/NSW border, under some kind of 'joint control' scheme between the native owners and the state government.

Does this mean we will have to pay to enter these national parks, as is the case in many national parks in central and western Australia?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Native-title-deal-struck-in-northern-NSW/2007/01/02/1167500089548.html

Githabul elders are optimistic about the deal that includes jobs and business opportunities and aims to help communities end their dependence on welfare.

"This is reconciliation in a practical sense: we have formed a business with the state government," Githabul claimant Trevor Close said.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Re: Native title deal struck in northern NSW
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2007 at 7:00pm

I heard about this arrangement a couple of years ago.  Of course the aboriginal people are entitled to their land, and they will be given full hunting rights.  This means they will be able to use spears, guns, bows & arrows and dogs.

I doubt whether it will be very safe for us to enter some of these parks in the future.  What is upsetting is that most of the time they cook their turtles, snakes etc. while they are still alive and don't put them out of their misery first.

Do they really need to still hunt for food?  But then again, we have people who hunt for pleasure and don't use the food angle as an excuse.  Either way - hunting should be banned - unless in the case of the aboriginals where they go back to a hunter/gatherer lifestyle without government assistance.  At the very least - they should be required to be humane in their hunting.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2022 at 8:47pm

The Cheer Mob have stolen Australian Politics through the Media's help.  Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Aug 21st, 2022 at 8:51pm

A new native title deal has been struck which covers a lot of national parks on the QLD/NSW border, under some kind of 'joint control' scheme between the native owners and the state government.

Without reference to all stakeholders - i.e the people of NSW/Qld in their entirety who own those parks and the government hold them in trust for us - there can be no deal.

Government is our servant - we are not its..... and so shall it be unto eternity.... always was public land - always will be!

Try it again for ya:-

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Native-title-deal-struck-in-northern-NSW/200...
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2022 at 8:34am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Aug 22nd, 2022 at 8:40am

And the coming Civil War is one step closer.... 6000 square km - now WTF kind of 'businesses' and 'jobs' is this suddenly somehow going to produce?  Are they going to pay rent on the infrastructure - roads and such?

Seriously - this handover of massive swathes of land at the behest of unelected public servants must cease forthwith and any such deal be put to the people for a proper resolution.

'Shared Use' - yes - about as 'shared' as a road shared between pedestrians and cars - in which the cars have to give way every time by law or be punished.  I think it's time to re-draw the lines of reality here.

'Shared' is governmentspeak for surrender  of your title to lands held in trust by that government for you.

As for these ridiculous court decisions - it's time they were brought to heel as well.  Title to Perth.... Jesus - where will it end?  Imagine having to appeal your home and business and massive infrastructure built over generations being grabbed by some ridiculous court decree to some equally stupid court.  Been telling yez for ages that the worst criminals in this country are those who manage the 'law' on your behalf.

Mark my words - there will be one or more Tarrant solutions sought here soon... this kind of utter nonsense of just handing over title to people's homes and work for generations is one massive security risk for the entire nation.

Give 'em each a plot of land to do with as they choose - if they make it, so be it - but that's far more than any kid setting out today has the chance to get.  Take it and be content.
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2022 at 8:47am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Aug 22nd, 2022 at 9:20am

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Aug 22nd, 2022 at 10:06am

Maybe make that nice little 6000 sq km their Homeland for the bloody lot!  Rain there and they can just get on with one another and be a true Nation for a change... fence 'er off - give each a passport that needs to be stamped to come out, and no passport and it's back you go ....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Aug 22nd, 2022 at 3:42pm

freediver wrote on Jan 2nd, 2007 at 12:01pm:

Does this mean we will have to pay to enter these national parks, as is the case in many national parks in central and western Australia?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Native-title-deal-struck-in-northern-NSW/2007/01/02/1167500089548.html

Githabul elders are optimistic about the deal that includes jobs and business opportunities and aims to help communities end their dependence on welfare.

"This is reconciliation in a practical sense: we have formed a business with the state government," Githabul claimant Trevor Close said.

Plenty of National Parks in QLD require entry & camping permits - Fraser Island for one.

Certain places I used to go to are now closed off Aboriginal lands.

As far as I'm concerned "traditional" hunting should be done with "traditional" weapons only on foot or dugout canoe.

No mono nets, no aluminium boats, no outboards, no rifles or shotguns, no bows, cross bows or arrows, no metal spears or spear guns, no 4wds.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Aug 22nd, 2022 at 6:53pm

*coughs* you have to declare yourself an Australian citizen to get social security............... so what's all this guff about 'sovereignty never ceded'????????  Self-declared as such from Day One in most cases.... Game Over!!

As I said - Marcia Langton will have to content herself with writing the definitive book about her ten year fight for this - My Struggle......

Maybe I should ask that nice young Aboriginal girl who works at Centrelink if she ceded her sovereignty - if not why is she working for the government?  Looks like an F-4U-5 with the all metal control surfaces....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print