Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print
AUSTRALIAN PEOPLES PARTY (Read 59704 times)
Stu

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Australian peoples Party
Reply #15 - Feb 25th, 2007 at 7:49pm

Until you the people decide to stand up and have a real voice then you are only wingeing.

Maybe you should sign up and stand for your own community and that takes guts and balls to fight than just winge

your choice

www.tapp.org.au

IP Logged

AUShole

OzPolitic

WA
Reply #16 - Feb 25th, 2007 at 9:22pm

Stu, you have a lot to learn. Firstly, you take criticism far too personally to be in politics. Secondly, you are too tightly wound up to think logically about what you are doing. Thirdly, name calling indicates you have no substance, just a lot of hot air (whether it be directed at me, or the major parties which have really got your goat).

It seems you have already written a stack of 'policy' without even having a formal party structure or registered members. That makes you an independent. Policy should be written in consultation with the party, so that it appeals to a wider audience (i.e. so you can have candidates in multiple seats). You don't have a party, therefore you can't put it forward as its policy.

Do I talk to people? Sure, all the time.

Have you asked a copper what they think of the law? Most of them have no arguments with it. Then try justifying the action of a magistrate who just released a repeat offender with a slap on the wrist, even though there was a mountain of evidence to justify a lengthy jail term. You might be lucky to walk out of the room. How do I know this? My brother is a uniformed copper, who now spends 2/3 of his day shuffling paperwork. Get uniform away from their desks and onto the streets. Didn't see that in your policing policy.

Re your comments on Tax Avoidance and Fraud. You obviously know nothing about the ATO, ACCC or ASIC. They already have the powers you are asking for. How do I know? I have studied business law, and occasionally consult to business on corporate governance.

Health you say? My partner is a doctor. I work with doctors. I have frequent contact with health administrators. There is more than enough funding to deal with health issues. The problem is with duplication of service delivery, which gobbles up vast sums of money, and lack of qualified staff. Solve those issues and you will be the messiah of health.

At the moment you are an immature political hack, and will be eaten alive if you are fortunate to ever make your way into parliament. I doubt you will even get close.

IP Logged

Stu

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #17 - Feb 26th, 2007 at 8:49am

See you have it wrong againg just look at your handle.
Policy should be created in conjunction with the people not the backroom.

Oh i am scared you have studied, i am shaking. I have studied real life.
Health well open your eyes.

A hack no passionate yes, with more balls, and guts than someone who hides behide Aushole name.

No I wont be eated but outspoken, and you should be scared of that the truth.

So bring it on, Your name says it all.

IP Logged

Stu

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #18 - Feb 26th, 2007 at 8:59am

When the people stop following their masters and stand up forthemselves then they will understand.

As the 2 majors are already talking to independants there goes the voice.

I am passionate and if i am a hack what makes that of the labor party no policy, corruption,same with liberal party this is what you get for your obedience.
Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

bettsyboopy(Guest)

Reply #19 - Mar 9th, 2007 at 12:35pm

Aushole, very suitable name by the way mate.

Your criticism is essentially that the policies are populist. What does populist actually mean? It means it's popular with the people who vote. Sounds like democracy to me Aushole.

Has there ever been a time when the existing major parties have not been populist? I think not. They watch the polls like hawks, pretend they don't and react instantly to pressure from marginal seat holders.

Sounds extremely populist to me but that's fine, it's reacting to what people want, not what Howard's scumbags call "hard decisions" which is political speak for decisions the people don't agree with or want.

Such as IR, Iraq, Health, Education, Uni fees, GST, and all the rest. What they rely on is that incoming governments will be too scared or lazy to change what has been legislated so they just add clauses and loopholes to create spaghetti.

You know all this Aushole. Now stop being one and get real. Or are you for real as you are? Who will you vote for by the way mate?

Stu is having a go, creating policy for you to comment on, add to, make suggestions and actually particpate. Does that scare you? Would that there were more like Stu willing to get off his lounge chair and have a go. Perhaps you'd prefer to convert your armchair into a "Homer" chair. You know the chair don't you? You just sit there and nature takes it's course. Beneath you.

IP Logged

aloof boof

the roving ear

outback
Reply #20 - Mar 9th, 2007 at 3:14pm

Well i'll tell you what Stu and Bettsyboopy if this brave new political party cant get its poo together to build a website that is "under consruction" and has been for a while,what hope for the real party

constantly surrounded by mt beer cans

IP Logged

enviro

Taking Out The Trash

Weethalle NSW
Reply #21 - Mar 9th, 2007 at 4:47pm

BetsyBoopy Quote:
Sounds extremely populist to me but that's fine, it's reacting to what people want, not what Howard's scumbags call "hard decisions" which is political speak for decisions the people don't agree with or want.

Such as IR, Iraq, Health, Education, Uni fees, GST, and all the rest. What they rely on is that incoming governments will be too scared or lazy to change what has been legislated so they just add clauses and loopholes to create spaghetti.

Grin
Why does everyone blame Howard for health, education, IR and Uni fees on Howard when it is a State issue?

You just can't find anything to blame him for really. I suppose if you fell down a flight of stairs or got hit by a bus you'd find somehow to blame Howard for it. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

zoso
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #22 - Mar 9th, 2007 at 5:28pm

My hat goes off to you for your passion mate, but things are never idealistic in reality. In fact many bold idealisms have given birth to some of the greatest evils we have known: Nazism, Stalinism etc, these things began with a kernel of thought that was essential good and pure. For instance if you really read some Marx you will see that the intention was never what came in the end, many have said that if Marx lived to see what became of his teachings he would be quite disappointed (in fact he did to a degree and to a degree he was). I have absolute faith in the good of people, but I have absolute faith in the selfishness and evils of people too.

Largely I agree - the two parties are rotting from the core and this is an issue, especially when you end up in the situation we are (arguably) in, whereby two minority representations (in real terms, I'm talking membership and activity) are majority power brokers simply because of traditional voting habits. But the answer is not in simply creating another party! The answer is really in involvement. Good politics does not happen in parliment, it begins on the street. The attitudes of the people around you have more effect on public policy than the personal opinions of the leaders. Take the David Hicks affair - 5 years it took for public opinion to sway and if it hadn't, Howard would still be sitting on it.

Really I'd love to see the abolishment of political parties altogether in favour of independent representatives, but accretion would simply occur anyway and along more subtle and insidious lines... nothing would change - besides the managerial issues would be tremendous, for instance: who gets to be minister of what? This is what it boils down to, the game is theirs, join it and you join THEIR game. Real progress is changing the game, taking it and making it different!

Really if you want to make a difference then make a difference. If you want decision making power and to be in the public spotlight then get into politics. And there's another point (oh it is quite acceptable to start a sentence with 'and' by the way, somebody said not to - but it is fine in the correct context) the 'public spotlight' part generally comes first, unknowns don't really pull votes. Unfortunately it IS a popularity contest and without being a known personality in your community then good luck.

Look there are loads of things that can be done from the ground up that WILL make more positive difference to our country than political parties ever will. A good friend of mine for instance is starting a community garden here, may not seem like much, now this community garden is going to be staffed by 'work for the dole' folk, and in turn they will be trained by the local TAFE. This is the first work for the dole project in the country that will get TAFE certificates for the dole workers (as I understand it - this is what they have been told). Now, you do this on a local level in enough places around the country and soon enough it becomes public policy. Not only that but decentralisation of food distribution is a HUUUUGE hurdle to be overcome in terms of environmental degradation. Get a community garden and market in every neighbourhood in the country and you will do more than any green tax shift could hope for, seriously.

This is how democracies really do work, and this is how they really should work! Take the power from the leaders, and put it in the hands of the people. You want green power? don't go for the policy, just MAKE IT WORK! I swear the first person who makes green power a truly economical alternative will make it happen. There is no conspiracy to destroy the environment, market forces just mean renewables are off the table. I am very interested in politics, social policy, human society and behaviour myself, but you know what I'm doing about it? I'm studying mechanical engineering because I want to be a part of the things that really make a difference. If more people... PEOPLE, had this attitude then we wouldn't even need to be bitching about our politicians, they would be our slaves the way they are supposed to be!

IP Logged

zoso
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #23 - Mar 9th, 2007 at 5:32pm

enviro wrote on Mar 9th, 2007 at 4:47pm:
Why does everyone blame Howard for health, education, IR and Uni fees on Howard when it is a State issue?

Uni fees are very much a federal issue Smiley

Education to a degree as well, Howard has funnelled a lot of money OUT of public and into private for instance. Some might also say the problems with health right now boil down to changes to the medicare system... IR *was* a state issue but through corporations power Howard has taken it under federal control and is now very much a federal issue...

Just saying is all...

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #24 - Mar 9th, 2007 at 5:59pm

Maybe chem eng, chemistry or biochem would be better. That appears to be where the new energy technologies are appearing. The mech stuff is just glorified windmills.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

zoso
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #25 - Mar 9th, 2007 at 6:14pm

freediver wrote on Mar 9th, 2007 at 5:59pm:
Maybe chem eng, chemistry or biochem would be better. That appears to be where the new energy technologies are appearing. The mech stuff is just glorified windmills.

Its not all in power generation mate! My major interest is transport, and possibly automated systems and such. Point is I'm doing what I like first and I like machines, chems is dull.

IP Logged

zoso
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #26 - Mar 9th, 2007 at 6:18pm

freediver wrote on Mar 9th, 2007 at 5:59pm:

Also, don't knock windmills - there are some amazing designs coming out that can work from 'dirty' wind at low speeds without any need for rotation to meet wind direction. Don't forget it's us mechanical engineers that study fluid mechanics - not the others! Power plants still need mechanical engineers. A small discrete windmill on the top of every building would be a good step in the right direction, even if wind isn't good for base load.

IP Logged

enviro

Taking Out The Trash

Weethalle NSW
Reply #27 - Mar 9th, 2007 at 9:51pm

Hi Zoso

Thanks for the update, I wasn't quiet sure on the Uni Fees side so thought I'd just throw it in. As for Howard bringing funding to private schools this would just make up for what the labor government took off them under their reign. The problem with education is at state level. How they spend and manage their money is what we should be looking into. Health, in particular hospitals, is a major state issue.

What changes to the medicare system are you talking about?

I was unaware that Howard took over IR. That might be a good thing after what Kennet did to Victoria.

It seems that Howard has the right idea, he has recognised that the States are useless and so bogged down with red tape that they can't get anything done. I notice he has had to step in to sort out the water crises for each state as well as the energy crises. I honestly believe that Howard has the best intentions for this country and will do everything in his power to build a future for us all.

He has recognised a need that a lot of Australians are now wanting to send their children to private schools.  To make this possible he has funnelled extra funding in this area.

My children will go to private school because I want them to speak English without a lebanese accent. When in Sydney, get yourself on a train at school time and you listen to all those anglo saxon children speaking with lebanese accents.. sic man.... The lebanese children should be speaking with english accents, not the other way around. the Lebanese form gangs within schools and terrorise anglo saxon children. The only way the children can be left alone is if they join them and that is what they do. Yes, this will mean the next generation will grow up accepting Lebanese as Australians but it also means that they have had to become Lebanese to achieve this.

I personally don't like the airs and graces that go with the Lebanese culture as it seems so false. The women are even worst than the blokes. All my life I have never been a rascist until the Lebanese population seemed to explode and the noticable effect it has had in this country. People say we have to accept them but, maybe they have to accept us. They tend to think their poo don't stink, very egotistical bunch. Occasionally you do meet one that is not the stereotype lebanese peasant.

Smiley

IP Logged

AUShole

OzPolitic

WA
Reply #28 - Mar 10th, 2007 at 6:59am

Quote:
Your criticism is essentially that the policies are populist. What does populist actually mean? It means it's popular with the people who vote. Sounds like democracy to me Aushole.

Stu says he wants to change politics, to be a point of differentiation in a political sense. His policies are populist, and I really cannot see the difference between what he is posting, and the existing conservative parties (eg. Family First, National Party). Except their position is far more prescribed. I use the term populist for party policy that is popular, but without substance. One Nation is a classic example of a party that came up with policy that struck a chord with voters. Got them a long way, didn't it?

As much as I dislike the Howard government, I do give it credit for making some tough and unpopular decisions. Governing a country is not about pandering to the people, it is about doing the right thing for the interests of the nation.

Quote:
Stu is having a go, creating policy for you to comment on, add to, make suggestions and actually particpate. Does that scare you? Would that there were more like Stu willing to get off his lounge chair and have a go. Perhaps you'd prefer to convert your armchair into a "Homer" chair. You know the chair don't you? You just sit there and nature takes it's course. Beneath you.

I have no problem with having a go. There are numerous posts by me supporting Stu and his party's right to form and participate. It doesn't mean that I forego my right to disagree with the policy, which I have also pointed out is flimsy and poorly thought out. Do you really think the public is going to take anyone seriously if they don't even bother using grammar and spelling correctly?

Read Zoso's contributions, I think he puts forward a good argument about the dangers of ill thought policy.

IP Logged

AUShole

OzPolitic

WA
Reply #29 - Mar 10th, 2007 at 7:07am

Quote:
Look there are loads of things that can be done from the ground up that WILL make more positive difference to our country than political parties ever will. A good friend of mine for instance is starting a community garden here, may not seem like much, now this community garden is going to be staffed by 'work for the dole' folk, and in turn they will be trained by the local TAFE. This is the first work for the dole project in the country that will get TAFE certificates for the dole workers (as I understand it - this is what they have been told). Now, you do this on a local level in enough places around the country and soon enough it becomes public policy. Not only that but decentralisation of food distribution is a HUUUUGE hurdle to be overcome in terms of environmental degradation. Get a community garden and market in every neighbourhood in the country and you will do more than any green tax shift could hope for, seriously.

Excellent point, Zoso. People should look at taking it upon themselves to make a difference, not just cast a vote and then expect the government to do all the hard work. I think Australia has become lazy and complacent, and is in danger of becoming as isolated and insular as the USA.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print